whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the PENG CHALLENGE of outrageous fortune

Those apples went right into the 'confiscated' bin. They were getting a bit ratty, actually. One had already started to go brown and runny. I brought 'em up north to get rid of them.

You couldn't throw them in the trash in Minnescrota? You took rotten apples to Canada to dispose of?

Oh I get it...you're after sponsoring some kind of Apple Release Program. 'Return them to the wild, if you love something let it go and if it comes back it is yours, if not then it was never yours in the first place' That kind of thing right?

Hippie.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have New Zealand apples in Qatar. I just tried to eat one, it was sh!t...all floury and crap.

Perhaps I could donate it to Seanachai's catch and release program? Do you tag the apples before you release them Seanachai? You know, in order to track their migratory patterns?

I hear the Braeburns are quite territorial but the males may cover vast distances in their search for a mate.

It seems unlikely that Communism will finally triumph if someone brings a Cuban Cigar back from Canada.

No, but you had to go and bring dalem back with you, didn't you! DIDN'T YOU!!!??!

It's only a matter of time* now, isn't it?

(*Of course it's ALWAYS a matter of time, isn't it? I mean, if some pinhead says "It's only a matter of time!", you can truthfully say, "Well, duh!"

When isn't it a matter of time? Unless we're on the final cusp of entropy and all the atoms of the universe have stopped their cosmic vibrating and time itself has wound down, then maybe it's not a matter of time, but other than that it's really a specious statement. Stupid specious statement!)

And while I'm sure that somewhere in the puddle o' piss that is the Cesspool, Lars explains why he is now 'Sir Lars', and a 'Junior Member', I simply can't be bothered to pull on the waders and go looking for it.

So, 'Sir Lars', give me the short version. You amazingly half-witted bugger who clearly did something awful to your account of many years standing.

When the mods reset all the forum passwords with no notice, the fact that somebody might have switched Internet providers over the last ten years, oh, say about five or sixty times, wasn't really worried about. Couldn't get the new password, couldn't re-register under the old name, couldn't fix or do somfink, so I figured, just add the title.

But, the fact that "Lars" is squirreled away somewhere in the BFC system, never to be purged and always to be an irritant to the sysops, is a comfort.

We have New Zealand apples in Qatar. I just tried to eat one, it was sh!t...all floury and crap.

Perhaps I could donate it to Seanachai's catch and release program? Do you tag the apples before you release them Seanachai? You know, in order to track their migratory patterns?

I hear the Braeburns are quite territorial but the males may cover vast distances in their search for a mate.

And their songs ... is there anything more haunting than the plaintive mating call of the male Braeburns?

Now if we could just keep the damn Japanese from hunting them to extinction.

Joe

(*Of course it's ALWAYS a matter of time, isn't it? I mean, if some pinhead says "It's only a matter of time!", you can truthfully say, "Well, duh!"

When isn't it a matter of time? Unless we're on the final cusp of entropy and all the atoms of the universe have stopped their cosmic vibrating and time itself has wound down, then maybe it's not a matter of time, but other than that it's really a specious statement. Stupid specious statement!)

Are you done yet?

Michael

Yeah, but doing that you'll probably only get one or two swings before they're both smooshed.

I prefer a plastic wiffle ball bat. It's lightweight, meaning you can keep swinging it for hours and hours, allowing you to savor the experience.

You probably won't even get blisters!

Yeah, but doing that you'll probably only get one or two swings before they're both smooshed.

I prefer a plastic wiffle ball bat. It's lightweight, meaning you can keep swinging it for hours and hours, allowing you to savor the experience.

You probably won't even get blisters!

As to the blisters just use golfing gloves.

I can tell you haven't been battering people for very long ...

Joe

Golfing gloves are for sissies.

And golfers.

You were concerned enough about blisters to mention them in your post ... I was just trying to help. Besides if you wore golfing gloves you wouldn't leave fingerprints.

Of course there's not a jury in the world that would convict you of anything ... hell you'd probably get a medal.

Joe

Are you too stupid to read my posts? I certainly hope not, because I am a fecking Old One of the Peng Challenge Thread, and, therefore, like a god unto you. So you should have seen MY post to you informing you that Dalem will let you know what case of beer you will buy him once I consider all the ramifications, which means: When I decide what beer I want to have in Dalem's house for my pleasure, you'll be informed.

Keep up this unseemly whining, Elvis, and I'm going to choose some bizarre quadruple-bock Belgian beer (with an alcohol content so high that the only human on the planet who doesn't get a 'health warning' on the label about drinking it is Lars), and that's made by virgin nuns who roller-blade, make beer, and chant the works of Hildegard von Bingen while making beer.

I live serene in the knowledge that such a beer undoubtedly exists, that I will have no problems finding said beer, and that paying for a case of it will cost you more than a luxury automobile.

So shut the hell up, and I will inform Dalem shortly as to what beer you are buying him.

My bad. I don't read your posts because they are normally rambling wastes of my time. I'll go further back to see if I can see what post you are even talking about. The only reason I saw this one is because I just decided to cruise through and see if I had missed a comment on it. In the time since I lost this bet I have probably consumed a half a dozen cases of my own and know exactly what I would have asked for had I won the bet. It isn't brain surgery we're talking about...it's beer. However, I do understand that some people are "slower" than others and you and your date can take as long as you need.

I gather English is not your native language? Tell me which patois you normally grunt and squeak in and I will see if a translation is possible.

Michael

Not necessary, the ramblings of fools are unintelligible in any language.