whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the PENG CHALLENGE of outrageous fortune

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo continues to writhe in the grip of my superior play. I still hold the middle, and I've finally managed to zap one Sherman and shoot the shoes off of another. His repeated charges up the center into my many, many 8mm bullets are raising the morale of my defenders, which is nice.

Boo continues to writhe in the grip of my superior play. I still hold the middle, and I've finally managed to zap one Sherman and shoot the shoes off of another. His repeated charges up the center into my many, many 8mm bullets are raising the morale of my defenders, which is nice.

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies... mostly.

My immobile Sherman has been bogged since early in the game. He's shot the shoes off of nuffink!

In other news, I am beginning to take prisoners. And they're happy to be finally out from under his inept leadership (If I can even use that term)

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies... mostly.

My immobile Sherman has been bogged since early in the game. He's shot the shoes off of nuffink!

In other news, I am beginning to take prisoners. And they're happy to be finally out from under his inept leadership (If I can even use that term)

Oh I think you can use that word accurately ... inept is certainly the word I'd use.

dalem inept ... inept dalem ... doesn't really matter what order you put it in either.

Nope I think that inept fits the bill perfectly. Have you ever noticed that no one refers to someone as ept ... apt is used frequently, as in "dalem is apt to be inept" but you never see "Boo Radley is apt to be ept" ... of course there's a damned good reason for that as well.

Joe

Oh I think you can use that word accurately ... inept is certainly the word I'd use.

dalem inept ... inept dalem ... doesn't really matter what order you put it in either.

Nope I think that inept fits the bill perfectly. Have you ever noticed that no one refers to someone as ept ... apt is used frequently, as in "dalem is apt to be inept" but you never see "Boo Radley is apt to be ept" ... of course there's a damned good reason for that as well.

Joe

No, I could never be an Energetic Port Tippler, as I don't drink port.

Outwit any fish lately, Joe?

Certainly not the wily carp!

I thought it was Wile E. Coyote...

Now granted, a coyote would run rings around Ol' Foul Joe, whereas a fish could only swim rings around him.

Unless it was on dry land and then it would probably be forced to flop rings around him.

Which would be rather amusing. Joe, with hands outstretched, fingers clutching at empty air as the dying fish, it's primitive brain shutting down as death claims it, still has enough intelligence to stay one flop ahead of him.

It's in witnessing situations like this that convinces me that there is a benign intelligence running the universe.

And occasionally it has an puckish sense of humor.

I thought it was Wile E. Coyote...

Now granted, a coyote would run rings around Ol' Foul Joe, whereas a fish could only swim rings around him.

Unless it was on dry land and then it would probably be forced to flop rings around him.

Which would be rather amusing. Joe, with hands outstretched, fingers clutching at empty air as the dying fish, it's primitive brain shutting down as death claims it, still has enough intelligence to stay one flop ahead of him.

It's in witnessing situations like this that convinces me that there is a benign intelligence running the universe.

And occasionally it has an puckish sense of humor.

You've actually witnessed situations like the above?

Have you considered dialing down the meds?

Joe

I often write heartfelt things here, in the Peng Challenge Thread, albeit with the bite of humor. But I seldom see anyone else take the time or trouble. Quite probably, you don't even read what I write. No matter, then. Every heart holds it's own secrets, and it may well be that you lot hold your secrets more closely to heart, or you're simply too fecking brutish to cast those secrets into actual language, sharing them with your fellows, or you have no secrets, or you've just recently been arrested for vomiting in a particularly egregious manner while attacking a police horse.

It takes all kinds to make a world.

It occurred to me, recently, that when I was a young man in my early 20s, I considered anyone who was in his mid-50s to be old, broken down, and on his way out of this world. Now, at that same age, it occurs to me that I take exception to the appraisal of my younger self, and would like to meet me in a dark alley and kick the fecking snot out of myself. Because now, in my mid-50s, I no longer feel myself to be a broken down old man.

What really angers me, of course, is that I am, in fact, old, and broken down, and on his way out of this world.

There is nothing worse than proving yourself right, if proving yourself right proves you wrong.

I take some comfort from the fact that most of you lot of gibbering howler monkeys couldn't be proved right if the Lord God Himself came down and started laying about him with a massive sword, and every stroke left a bloody wound and an imprimatur of 'Not Quite So Stupid As You'd Think' on your hides.

Because, when we come right down to it, you're every bit as stupid as you pretend to be.

On the other hand, I delight in the odd bits of 'Not Quite As Stupid As You'd Think' that you show...

I often write heartfelt things here, in the Peng Challenge Thread, albeit with the bite of humor. But I seldom see anyone else take the time or trouble. Quite probably, you don't even read what I write. No matter, then. Every heart holds it's own secrets, and it may well be that you lot hold your secrets more closely to heart, or you're simply too fecking brutish to cast those secrets into actual language, sharing them with your fellows, or you have no secrets, or you've just recently been arrested for vomiting in a particularly egregious manner while attacking a police horse.

I don't have a heart.

And you got your "its" wrong above.

I often write heartfelt things here, in the Peng Challenge Thread, albeit with the bite of humor. But I seldom see anyone else take the time or trouble.

It's simple. I subscribe to the "Why cast your pearls before swine?" theory of life. As you should well recall, I once began a website (which website BTW is still in existence) where pearls could be displayed before a properly appreciative audience. As you may also recall, audience interest—including apparently your own—waned and eventually died altogether. Now it seems that the only people (if 'people' is the proper term) who bother to drop by are spammers. Sic transit gloria mundi...or something like that.

As for this lot, on the few occasions when I have tried to share something lovely and/or profound, I have been met with either outright scorn or uncomprehending silence. So be it. They like to play rough, I can play rough. In fact, I can be rougher than the rest of them put together, for I and I alone am Lord God and Supreme Being of this here thread. The die has been cast. The gauntlet thrown down, etc. The Eternal remains eternal.

Michael