Guess it's time to start a new Peng Challenge thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not possible .it won me the Critic(al) Award in the IV Cockney HAiku Slam in London last year . The winner Haiku , created by 10 old boy from Lewisham , follows : " Bush and Blair are gonna burn forever in hell sodomised in steamy room full of dwarfs, texans and sorrow " .

As you see , it was pretty tight competition...

I'd like to hear that put to music.

So, I did not die in a Southern swamp... this has left me rather at loose ends. I never anticipated having to deal with February, if things had panned out as I'd thought. A friend of mine once told me, long ago: Never make a life decision in February.

Maybe I'll have to go get further medical tests. Or write more stories of Small Friends. Or explain to Boo that, no matter what he might think, he is mine. There are times when I despair of Boo's ability to sort out the various ramifications of "An Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread". There are the rules that are, and there are the Rules We Make.

Who's up for a jolly singsong, then, eh?

Of course there's rules. Just ask Joe. Every morning, when he's releas... gets up, he sings long praises to The Rules.

And although we delight in making them, we delight more in breaking them.

An' noo a wee song, wrritten fer Joe Urethra Franklin Shaw...

The moment I wake up

Before I put on my makeup

I make a little rule for you

While combing my hair now,

And wondering what dress to wear now,

I make a little rule for you

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart

and I will love you

Forever, and ever, we never will part

Oh, how I love you

Together, forever, that's how it must be

To live without you

Would only mean heartbreak for me.

I run for the bus, dear,

While riding I think of us, dear,

I make a little rule for you.

At work I just take time

And all through my coffee break-time,

I make a little rule for you.

et-feckin-cetra

It worries me that I'm on the path to having lived a long, long time, like Emrys.

Not a chance, dude. I'll bet that when you were in Florida you failed to get around to drinking from the Fountain of Youth. Well I'm here to tell you that I didn't fail. At the tender age of ten, I had a deep draught of the Fountain, and just yesterday in fact one of my neighbors commented on how youthful I looked. So there it is, Gnomus Ignoramus, you lose.

But then, I consider that I have my Small Friends, my amazing grasp of language, storytelling and erudition, and I am reassured.

Well, you're a cheap date, aren't you?

Mind, I'm pretty sure Emrys is fecking erudite. He might even be able to tell a good story.

So now you are resorting to flattery. That all of that is true is beside the point. You'll still be found dead in a garbage strewn alley in Louisville, KY.

Michael

...just yesterday in fact one of my neighbors commented on how youthful I looked.

Michael

Looked? Looked? The fact that you use past tense is not lost on me. Were you showing said neighbour a photo of yourself that was taken in the '40s, by chance?

... just yesterday in fact one of my neighbors commented on how youthful I looked.

Michael

As opposed to "just yesterday in fact one of my neighbors commented on how youthful I look."

I understand yesterday just fine. I also understand the meaning of looked. Of course, there's the possiblility that you looked youthful yesterday but today you look old and crotchety. So maybe the past tense of 'look' was used appropriately. I'll give you this one.

I'll give you this one.

No need to since I was perfectly right to begin with. You see, when I wrote, the entire incident was in the past, so it was correct to use the past tense throughout. I did that for consistency and to make it easier for the simple minds that inhabit this thread to grasp what I was communicating.

You know, since you are a Lady of The Thread and also a Canadian, I had assumed that you would have had access to a better education than the run of these louts. I am disappointed to find that this is apparently not so. I suppose next you will be opening beer bottles with your navel in cheap dives. Lo how the mighty have fallen.

Michael

... I had assumed...

You know what they say about assuming - it makes an ass out of you and... well, just you it would seem.

...that you would have had access to a better education than the run of these louts. I am disappointed to find that this is apparently not so.

Meh, luckily I've always had my stunning good looks and charm to fall back on.

I suppose next you will be opening beer bottles with your navel in cheap dives. Lo how the mighty have fallen.

Now, now, don't let your 'mother issues' cloud your judgement, Michael.