What is the absolute, kick ass

Judging from 2,5 PBEM games so far:

Picadilly circus.

SPOILERS:

Both sides have effective kit, The brits lots of warriors, arty and pioneers. the syrians killer AT assets. The action starts from minute one so no nerve wracking 25min cautious approach.

MAJOR SPOILER:

If played without having seen the other side´s objectives the brits will probably always win (the way I played it with Smaragdadler). If the syrian side knows the brit´s objectives, I´m not so sure if the syrians couldn´t at least force a draw by concentrating on defending one of the objectives.

Try Battlegroup attacks - I am getting my ass kicked!

SPOILERS

Those TURMS-T's are suprisingly tough and since they are veterins (you are regular) they spot you first. You also have to be aggresive early as Brits to get out of that bowl - you have no flank security when you are in there.

Short review of my PBEMs so far:

H2H British Armour Vs Syrian Armour

Panzerschlacht at night. Desert plain with little hill chains. UK player will mostly win, if he is carefull and knows what he does because of Über-Challengers.

H2H Brit Arm Mix vs. Syr Arm Mix

Nice urban map. Better player should take Red. I played Blue and won this quick with Challengers and fast blue arty. But map has potential when played again and both players know what they are up against.

H2H Brit Mech Plt Vs UnCon

UK player must attack - at night up-hills in high grass. Poor (means boring) designed map. But till now I do good as Red.

H2H Brit Recce Vs Syr Recon

'Big Hill-in-the-middle' Battle. BMP-1 vs. Jackals/WMIKs. Good one.

Asmar Crossing

Very nice designed Red only map with good force tuning. Valley with winding Wadi, Bridge and Farm.

Syr Mech/SOF with BMP-1 against UnCons with Recoiless Pickups and a Tank. That one was great.

Britain's Joy

UK weak reacon force with über air power must free hostages on high ground from UnCons. Means they must get objectives in time, because then hostages spwan. Red get's high score for dead hostages. I think this one plays better with each time when both players know exactly, what to do and what to expect.

Friendly Fires!

Very nice designed big map. Farm land with villages, wood and high ground.

Renegade Arm/Mech syrian 'quisling' forces against ArmInf UK with Challengers. That means practicaly we have an U.S.Army vs. U.K. blue-on-blue. That one I have played as 'Syrians'. After I had killed off the Challengers with a combined M1/mortar/Jevelin-symphony, loosing only 2 Tanks, 2 IVFs and a handfull of pixlings. The remainig Abrams took out the OPFOR IFVs and then my opponent gave up.

[*takes off monocle to clean it, takes on monocle again*]

Great map, but again I feel for this one both players should know what is on table for max playing fun.

Piccadilly Circus

Nice little stuffed urban map. That one I lost as told above, but I too think it's great. Again one that should be getting even better with each play.

Rescue

That is for me till now the absolute kick ass, asked for. Battle is still building up, so I can not say much for security resons.

UK ArmInf vs UnCon. Rescue mission for Blue on nice designed big urban map with both stuffed areas and open ground.

Great big Mix of the best features of Britain's Joy, Friendly Fires! and Piccadilly Circus.

The 2nd Eleven

Blue convoy gets ambushed from distant hill high ground. Look good till now, but I will not say more because this is again an on-going operation.

Where do I find the "Rescue" scenario?

I think he meant the UK Vehicle Recovery scenario that comes on the British Forces module. There is one that comes before, Operation Hammersmith which covers the actual fighting in which the British AFVs are immobilised in.

Glad these scenarios are proving to be such good and challenging fights.

Cheers fur noo

George

Where do I find the "Rescue" scenario?

I think he meant the UK Vehicle Recovery scenario that comes on the British Forces module....

George

Sorry, my mistake. I mean the scenario "Rescue". It is not British Forces, but U.S.Army SBCT against UnCons.

I had not started this, but got send it from my opponent. I also have it in my normal scenario folder, but I am not shure if it comes with the base game or if I have downloaded it somewhere.

Short review of my PBEMs so far:

Six of those were mine...I'm flattered! ...including the boring one...but hey...ya can't win 'em all. The Hill map you liked I considered the dumbest map of the bunch....I almost left it out...so I'm really pleased you liked it...It does have a lot of close up/reverse slope action in it. You never know what's gonna work until you play them a bit. Thanks for your feed back.

Sorry, my mistake. I mean the scenario "Rescue". It is not British Forces, but U.S.Army SBCT against UnCons.

I had not started this, but got send it from my opponent. I also have it in my normal scenario folder, but I am not shure if it comes with the base game or if I have downloaded it somewhere.

That is GeorgeMC's "Rescue" scenario available, I believe, at the repository. I just finished that one PBEM as the "freedom fighters" ;), squeezing out a minor victory over my U.S. opponent. Quite enjoyable PBEM since it is balanced and enjoyable for both sides. It is quite long however, 100 turns.

Another very good one PBEM, even though I am only 10 minutes in, is "Breaking the Bank" from the British Module. I am playing that one as British, but it is a challenging scenario.

Just got my latest turn of this match today.

My opponent lost ca. 2 Platoons+ and a Stryker in my best staged UnCon Urban assault till now:

cmsfmediawar.jpg

...this is uncon media war, section achad/B6...

...go ahead - but know that we will make all of your failures public! this is uncon media war!...

to battlefront: we want mobile T-54B, T-55 (1970) + T-54B vbied! deliver in next patch or we will continue to post pictures of dead us troops from your games!

all heil the Resistance! achad/B6

Yes I'm well. I just love modern war gaming. icon7.gif

• 1 month later...

Spoilers

Piccadilly Circus – didn’t play to the end, so the scoring may show me as losing but despite my oppo doing sterling work early on I just had too many forces. I know I know, asymmetric objectives. But we’re old school: if you control the map - you've won. He's down to crews with pistols and I have more Warriors than I know what to do with. So we’ve jacked it in.

Also playing British Mettle. It has the most amazing map. The best I've seen to properly get an idea of modern warfare. The extended range of sensors and weapons usually means you can see everything everywhere. Not so here. I've got a scattered infantry screen that he’s taking potshots at with a tank. Unusually for Blue, I'm at a spotting disadvantage. It’s the extend into the unknown that is fun – can he see me, what can I see etc. I know he’s got ATGMs somewhere so need to use combined arms when in many scenarios it’s just manoeuvring for infantry LOS. It reminds me so much of CM:BB where I know there’s something out there, I just need to find it. Well worth a look. Don't bother if you’re on an old PC though.