1.2 Timeline for Paradox?

RCMP,

I also bough the Paradox version of CMSF originally, and the best thing I ever did was to buy the modules and use the Battlefront patch from there on.

I mean, if you like the game (and you probably do since you're here :D), there's good reason to buy one module or the other (or both) and besides the new toys you get to play with, you don't have to worry over the delayed release of the Paradox patch ever again. :)

RCMP,

I also bough the Paradox version of CMSF originally, and the best thing I ever did was to buy the modules and use the Battlefront patch from there on.

I mean, if you like the game (and you probably do since you're here :D), there's good reason to buy one module or the other (or both) and besides the new toys you get to play with, you don't have to worry over the delayed release of the Paradox patch ever again. :)

He he I actually have them all. My other machines in the "lab" though only have CMSF base from paradox. :(

I'm a BFC-brand player so this doesn't affect me . But I am wondering, how committed is Paradox to supporting CMSF? I only know what I read here, but if they've been dumping the title at below cost what's their incentive to offer their customers game patch number ten(?), especially since they aren't getting a piece of the module sales? I seem to recall they were pretty pokey with the last patch too. They may feel like the ex-husband after a bad divorce who now resents having to sign those child support checks.

The above based on zero actual information :o

If this was me and I really liked the game I would sincerely thank Paradox for introducing me into the wonderful world of CMSF (because not many other publishers are interested in this subject) and from that point I'd just buy the game from BFC and get the patches in time.

Yes, I'd loose some $30 but still it's better than not knowing about this game.

But, that's just me, I am a tactical wargame nut :)

I bought CMSF directly from Battlefront + the 2 modules, so no problem for me.

But 2 weeks ago I ran into a real bargain in a french "FNAC" mediastore : 3 PC games for 10 euros. Among the many crappy titles, I was amazed to find several copies of CMSF Paradox version !!!!! Apparently they did not sell...

So I bought 3 for 10€ because some of my friends hadn't bought the game yet :-)

The problem is they are now waiting for the Paradox patch to be able to play online with me :-(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused on how this works. If you've got the Paradox version and the BFC Marine module with that game's v1.11, would you then pick up the Paradox or the BFC v1.20 patch? Does the presence of Marines make the BFC patch universal, or does that only apply to the patch incuded with the Marine module?

Y'know, those of you waiting for Paradox, you're missing a LOT of fun-to-play Brit scenarios by not picking up the module. For the price of two movie tickets and a large box of popcorn.

I'm confused on how this works. If you've got the Paradox version and the BFC Marine module with that game's v1.11, would you then pick up the Paradox or the BFC v1.20 patch? Does the presence of Marines make the BFC patch universal, or does that only apply to the patch incuded with the Marine module?

Battlefront.

The moment you install one BFC modules you escaped Paradox claws. Now there's a good reason to buy a module or two :)