Is it possible? Is Task Force Panther actually released?

It is. :D

I started it about a year ago, suffered some setbacks, then stopped playing CMSF while I was finishing up school. It is finally finished. :D It's been uploaded to the Repository and will be available after a few hours. Very soon the individual scenarios will be released.

Command an 82nd Airborne company as they jump into Aleppo International Airport and aid in the capture of Aleppo. The campaign is infantry-centric and revolves around reinforced platoon/company sized battles.

This is a BETA. I've played through the campaign completely, and the scenarios numerous times. It's gotten to the point, however, that I cannot objectively judge the difficulty anymore and I need your input. ;)

The campaign comes with a PDF document that is roughly 35 pages long and contains detailed information on the operational situation as well as tactical supplements and tips for individual battles.

The campaign is supposed to be quite difficult. You will have to make use of every weapon system available at the appropriate times and limit your casualties through proper tactics in order to win the campaign. I suggest that you keep a save at the beginning of every new scenario as you may need to attempt them again.

Battles can be done in Real Time or WeGo, but some are better suited suited for certain modes:

Knees In the Breeze, Pigs of War, All The Way, and Finale are best played in WeGo. Snitch is best played in Real Time.

Play-testing was done at Elite difficulty.

This campaign requires the Marines module to play.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics, in the mean time I will link to the old thread, which has more detailed information and pics:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82403&highlight=Panther

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, this (the release of this campaign and of Operation Hangman, as well as the several other campaigns and couple dozen scenarios which still haven't had their first play) is why I'm not worried about how soon (or not) the British module will be released. Heck, I still haven't finished the Marines campaign or even the TF Thunder campaign! :)

It doesnt show up in game...and it says it hasnt been changed sonce 2008!

OK, that truly boggles the mind.

Checking what was uploaded AGAIN.

ETA: I dunno what happened, but the file downloaded is nothing like what I uploaded, and indeed nothing like any file I have on my computer. I'm going to completely delete the entry and upload fresh.

OK, that truly boggles the mind.

Checking what was uploaded AGAIN.

ETA: I dunno what happened, but the file downloaded is nothing like what I uploaded, and indeed nothing like any file I have on my computer. I'm going to completely delete the entry and upload fresh.

D'Oh! Back to "Watch and Shoot" mode.