Does this Peng Challenge Thread make me look fat?

Oh come, come...Ailes and miles of stuff, open 24 hours, who could resist? It IS where merika goes to shop after all.
Roger Ailes is in North Carolina ... I didn't know that.

Oh ... and your profile still says Iraq, just because you're a returned hero and stuff doesn't mean you can ignore the IMPORTANT things in life.

Joe

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A returned WHAT?!?

Audie Murphy was a hero, David Hackworth was a hero, Matt Urban was a hero......now while I wouldn't disagree that risking paper cuts on a daily basis whilst braving the unknown dangers of the pencil sharpening machine all the while suffering the unbelievable deprivations of intermittant internet access might consistute a mild inconvenience....I don't think there should be a medal awarded for it.

A returned WHAT?!?

Audie Murphy was a hero, David Hackworth was a hero, Matt Urban was a hero......now while I wouldn't disagree that risking paper cuts on a daily basis whilst braving the unknown dangers of the pencil sharpening machine all the while suffering the unbelievable deprivations of intermittant internet access might consistute a mild inconvenience....I don't think there should be a medal awarded for it.

I believe that the qualifier ... "and stuff" ... should have been a hint that there was more than a little irony involved with that statement.

He is, however, returned ... {sigh} ... and he was serving.

Is he deserving of less honor than the clerk in Brussels who spent his entire service career checking out ... brussel sprouts* ... or whatever?

Well, yes actually, but we must observe the forms.

Joe

* You stay out of this stickypixie ...

He's an officer in the Marine Corps. You really want him to be able to spell????
Well ideally that would be nice ... but practically ...

In game related news I have to admit that my game with Nidan1 ... never a real barn burner in terms of excitement, I mean I'm playing Nidan1 after all ... has hit a new low with nothing happening except my valiant Marine gunners blowing the crap out of some suspected Syrian positions.

Wolfp Mk II continues to be unsportsmanlike by using NVG equipped troops while my poor Syrians can't see the hand in front of their face. The only saving grace is that his Marines are so cautious they have to gun down every bush in their path ... just in case I guess. Also boring at this point.

And finally I'm playing Leeo ... and guess what ... BORING and I haven't made a move yet.

Joe

...Wolfp Mk II continues to be unsportsmanlike by using NVG equipped troops while my poor Syrians can't see the hand in front of their face. The only saving grace is that his Marines are so cautious they have to gun down every bush in their path ... just in case I guess. Also boring at this point...

Joe

Leave no stone unturned and all that jazz...BTW, the wife was snickering at the one cat sitting in the trench and facing in the wrong direction who got popped in the back of the head. She asked if that was normal and I told her "for Joe, yes."

A returned WHAT?!?

Look man, there were no pencil sharpeners, they had to be sharpened with a K-Bar, just like the Duke did it in the Sands of Iwo Jima. Of course, that scene got cut...damn editors.

Leave no stone unturned and all that jazz...BTW, the wife was snickering at the one cat sitting in the trench and facing in the wrong direction who got popped in the back of the head. She asked if that was normal and I told her "for Joe, yes."

I see, and did you bother to mention the column of mighty Marine vehicles that got their FREAKING ASS HANDED TO THEM by some raggedy Syrians?

Or how about the mighty Marine LAVs who got their FREAKING ASS HANDED TO THEM by some raggedy Syrian BMPs?

They didn't get into the conversation did they ... DID THEY?

Besides ... it's dark and I ain't got no fancy NVGs like SOME I could mention.

Joe

Look man, there were no pencil sharpeners, they had to be sharpened with a K-Bar, just like the Duke did it in the Sands of Iwo Jima. Of course, that scene got cut...damn editors.

The Duke was in the 'Sands of Iwo Jima'??

225px-Arthur_Wellesley2C_1st_Duke_o.jpg

Talk about lack of continuity. No wonder the scene was cut...

...risking paper cuts on a daily basis whilst braving the unknown dangers of the pencil sharpening machine all the while suffering the unbelievable deprivations of intermittant internet access might consistute a mild inconvenience....

Yep, story of my life 'on the edge' in the Public Sector.

I don't think there should be a medal awarded for it.

Inconsiderate bastage! I've endorsed forms in triplicate for the likes of you and this is all the thanks I get?!!!!!! **mad**

The Duke was in the 'Sands of Iwo Jima'??

225px-Arthur_Wellesley2C_1st_Duke_o.jpg

Talk about lack of continuity. No wonder the scene was cut...

Leave it to Third worlders, Australians and other goobernationals for not knowing who the "Duke" is.

Semper Fi

Proper picture added for enlightenment puposes;

lmovia.gif

The real "Duke" is second from the right, for those unenlightened boobs who don't know.

Ice finally went out last Tuesday, so got the dock in and put the boat out.

Lovely day out there yesterday. Nice 30 knot wind, quartering on the starboard side, puts that ice cold water right in your face. Parka came in down right handy.

Had the whole lake to myself for some odd reason…

Leave it to Third worlders, Australians and other goobernationals for not knowing who the "Duke" is.

Semper Fi

Proper picture added for enlightenment puposes;

lmovia.gif

The real "Duke" is second from the right, for those unenlightened boobs who don't know.

Odd, don't you think lads, that two of our Marines here have invoked the Duke as the prototypical Marine when he did not, in any branch of the service, actually serve. You'd have thought they'd take a REAL Marine to heart and used that example ...

CaptainKangaroo_03.jpg

Joe