Improving the look of the Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it has fallen on hard times when the only two targets are apparently Boo Radley and Michael.

Back in the day there were GIANTS who came here ... men like Seanachai, Me, Peng, Joe Shaw, Berli, the Justicar ... Giants I say.

Now, save for just a few such as myself, there are naught but the mewling kittens who pretend to be Knights of the CessPool. Where is Nidan1 (when he's not gloating over his likely victory in our game), where is Wolfp Mk II (when he's not gloating over his likely victory in our game), where is Stuka (when he's not CLAIMING victory in a game my new computer won't play) and where is ... ah, well ... too late I suppose to hope some of the others of years gone by.

"Too late Natan', too late, you go with me, we drink whiskey, hunt buffalo, get drunk."

Very sad lads, very sad.

Joe

I'm here. Do I count?

Yeah, but that's a stupid name it's got, I mean what can you possibly do with a name that ends in ... tard.

Frankly I don't think it has much potential for amusement all the way around. Just as the quality of membership has declined so has the quality of the SSNs.

Joe

oi, I reek Quality, I do. Not like this thread, which reached it's nadir recently. I mean, who comes here? Your best guests are loathsomely repellent, and the hosts, weel, they're all sounding a little tired. Cack, I qualified as an SSN - should I take this seriously enough to grovel and plead for mercy?

Gimme a cigar.

No more cream for me please. Toffee, now, there's a thought...

Yeah, but that's a stupid name it's got, I mean what can you possibly do with a name that ends in ... tard.

Frankly I don't think it has much potential for amusement all the way around. Just as the quality of membership has declined so has the quality of the SSNs.

Joe

Now Joe, show a little consideration. You are, after all, the Bedraggled Justicar of The Peng Challenge Thread.

Custard is an Oddstraylyun. He's working with a handicap.

Now Joe, show a little consideration. You are, after all, the Bedraggled Justicar of The Peng Challenge Thread.

Custard is an Oddstraylyun. He's working with a handicap.

It's the BELOVED Justicar and, might I point out, the Beloved Justicar FOR LIFE of the Peng Challenge Thread.

And of course you count Milady Patchy, but as a Lady of the 'pool we are honour bound not to insult or harass you ... so it's not quite the same is it.

Bonus points to Nidan1 who correctly identified the quote ... no turn yet but bonus points for certain.

As to the SSN Custard ... he's an Australian AND slim pickings ... hardly worth spending the time on.

I'm off to DC on Sunday morning so no turns unless I get some out tomorrow and then none for about a full week. I shall attempt to check in here from time to time so let's keep the place on a even keel with the wings level and marching in step.

Joe

Custurd is no Oddstrayan.....it's from Melbourne which is more an outer suburb of Athens.

And Joe, did you really have to buy a new computer simply to have an excuse to bail on another game that wasn't going your way? Tsk...tsk....

Like Boo, I considered 'Custard' as a possible identifier. But then it occurred to me that 'Cream Pie' offered a much juicier option all the way around. I think even Yekkie might appreciate that one.

Michael

I'm here. Do I count?

Certainly! Of course you do, my dear. You are the only one here with an identifiable talent, aside from myself of course. But as that bedraggled old derelict in the robe and funny hat pointed out, you are after all a lady, and we are honor bound not to challenge you to combat.

Besides, you might make us look bad.

Michael

Who's to be challenged?!

Who's to be challenged?

Well, you ARE challenged, that's completely apparent.

As my Great Aunt Ruth often said, "All the world's a stage, but some of us are woefully under-rehearsed".

We seem to be lacking in available SSNs, and I can't remember the last time I saw a Serf or a Squire wandering around these parts.

Stoat would be good, but he's evidently gone off the radar.

I might give you a game if I find your challenge entertaining enough.

Extra points if it's a haiku, or if you can include an obscure reference to a Bert I. Gordon film.

Custurd is no Oddstrayan.....it's from Melbourne which is more an outer suburb of Athens.

And Joe, did you really have to buy a new computer simply to have an excuse to bail on another game that wasn't going your way? Tsk...tsk....

No, I didn't HAVE to buy a new computer ... it's just a happy bonus that by so doing I don't have to play you in CMAK anymore.

Joe

To my many varied opponents;

I'm out of the game for a bit, but I hope to reply to turns within the next couple of weeks. Your thrubbings will be delayed; deal with it.

Were it not for you sorry lot, I'd say "I'm sorry."

Stuka hasn't been anywhere near Australia for a long time. We'd be happy if you kept him. We'd understand if you wished to send him back - for preference a bit at a time.

Boo seeks a challenge

his nemesis not yet found

a just dessert strikes.

Indeed it has fallen on hard times when the only two targets are apparently Boo Radley and Michael.

Back in the day there were GIANTS who came here ... men like Seanachai, Me, Peng, Joe Shaw, Berli, the Justicar ... Giants I say.

Now, save for just a few such as myself, there are naught but the mewling kittens who pretend to be Knights of the CessPool. Where is Nidan1 (when he's not gloating over his likely victory in our game), where is Wolfp Mk II (when he's not gloating over his likely victory in our game), where is Stuka (when he's not CLAIMING victory in a game my new computer won't play) and where is ... ah, well ... too late I suppose to hope some of the others of years gone by.

"Too late Natan', too late, you go with me, we drink whiskey, hunt buffalo, get drunk."

Very sad lads, very sad.

Joe

OMG!..A guy is trying to pack up his battalion and get it moving in the correct direction, which I believe is that way, and he's chastised for non-participation...fine...you want some attention?..YOU SUCK!..There, how'd ya like them apples?

BTW, who was the idiot that left the door open for yet another Oddstraylian to waltz right in?

Feeling a little outnumbered there hey?

Don't worry, we know how to treat goobernation minorities such as yourself. Just as long as you remember to mow my lawns on a number 3 blade height, wash my car in the shade and fry my eggs sunny side up there'll be no extra beatings for you.......most likely anyway.....can't say fairer than that.

I know for a fact that only God fearin Merkins have lawns and it is the duty of the country below the US of A to mow our lawns. They know who they are.

Come to think of it, all of the countries are below the US of A where at least I know I'm free. Granted, we didn't have big lawns in my old neighborhood but at least we didn't suffer from being Australian or have some other STD.

Stuka hasn't been anywhere near Australia for a long time. We'd be happy if you kept him. We'd understand if you wished to send him back - for preference a bit at a time.

Boo seeks a challenge

his nemesis not yet found

a just dessert strikes.

Hmmm...

You should probably just stick to prose.And I'm not really a dessert person,

although a nice piece of pie would be appreciated. Blackberry is good.

Hiram, the advantages to having survived growing up on the Rock are legion. For example, any circumstance we dream of has to be better than this nightmare called reality; for some reason this would include engaging those wonderful *splutter* people from the greatest country in the world *vomit* in *cough* conversation - oh, right, that's the reality thing again.

A lawn is something to park the car on, so's to have something to soak up the old engine oil.