Pacific World Campaign

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with letting players focus on that important tech is this.

Take Germany. They say F#$! subs. Through everything into inf, arm, and air. Then rape the Russians in an all out 41 barb.

...at the cost (in my recommendation-a mere 50% increase in points) of porking everything else. That's the essence of strategy-tough choices. If those 3 categories are too important, make them costlier. You can balance almost anything with the tools Hubert has given us (tho there's plenty more I hope he gives us with SC 2.5 of course). In JJR's example aren't there events which can be triggered if there aren't enough units in the Pacific (within 30 squares of Hawaii say)? The US govt. (FDR) wouldn't be willing to pay the political price to allow the Japanese full run of the Pacific-so impose that cost somehow if they do.

yea but you cant make the 1st point cost $100 and the 2nd $200 and the 3rd $300

Or if you buy 1 level its 6%, the 2nd level gives total 9%, 3rd level 10% when diminishing returned.

Its just money in % out. You can adjust it the higher tech you go.

I apologize if this is not the way to properly ask. I have been away a long time and on looking at these new forums I see they have something called a Repository? I can log into the forums but not the Repository?

Can someone point me to the rules on how to access them please? I tried doing a search but did not get what I needed.

Thank you

If it matters I posted in this thread because after reading all about the Scenario Nupremal made I would love to buy it or download or however you access it.

Xwormwood,

Thank you for your help.

The links you supplied explain the new repository. I appreciated it. But sadly the link for making an account does not work. Then it sends me to another link for registration problems. I filled that out and then on hitting send that link does not work either !!! Then I tried contacting the help link and after filling that out and hitting send that did not work too. They all stated the same thing that the people at battlefront do not wish to be emailed yet the links were supplied by the web site not me?????? sigh

Again your help was appreciated and sorry I bothered you sir.

Xwormwood

GREAT news although I admit I am confused(which I suppose is a normal state for me) !

When I filled out the forms asking for help and hit send and it told me the links were no good yet a few minutes ago I heard from Battlefront !!!!!! They responded to me and helped me out. Thank you Battlefront.

Thank you again for your kind help sir.

I'd like to be able to access any new files myself. But as usual they put too many obstacles in the way. I go to the first link and it says I already have an account. Which I know I do but the post says I need an additional account. So I go to the other link to that is titled Support Suite at Battlefront and the login doesn't work. Is there any other way to get the mods?

I'd like to be able to access any new files myself. But as usual they put too many obstacles in the way. I go to the first link and it says I already have an account. Which I know I do but the post says I need an additional account. So I go to the other link to that is titled Support Suite at Battlefront and the login doesn't work. Is there any other way to get the mods?

I suggest you write an email to the forum admin, which would be Moon:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=1

:)

And please avoid he 666 chip at all cost, eternal life suck massive after installment. ;)

Hey Nupremal, I'm wondering what your reasoning was behind making the Finnish port of Hanko, Allied? There is no way to turn it to Finnish possession and it makes it a pain in the xss to reside in the Axis rear.

Not only do I have to garrison it, it also serves as an invasion access for the Allies, mainly the Soviets. I think you should reconsider this feature.

It was taken over by USSR following the Winter War. All you need to do is send a unit to the city and it becomes Axis owned again. Remember to send the unit when USSR activates not before, or it won't get taken back - you need to "move in" and it gets re-captured.

I am completely confused on how to obtain mods. I bow to the masters who live and breathe nothing but forums but I don't have that luxury. Can someone take a moment and outline the process to access the mods, including the site address and any other hurdles someone has come up with that must be mastered to appease the programmer gods?

I am completely confused on how to obtain mods. I bow to the masters who live and breathe nothing but forums but I don't have that luxury. Can someone take a moment and outline the process to access the mods, including the site address and any other hurdles someone has come up with that must be mastered to appease the programmer gods?

Your primary challenge is to press the download button. Go to the repository.

first:

Click on the right corner on the "battlefront.com" link or open Battlefront.com manualy.

next:

click on "downloads" (orange bar, on the right side, last entry).

next:

Choose "repository".

next:

Enjoy (or as Kuni said: master the download challenge).

;)

Don't forget to register at battlefront.com, or else you won't be able to download (you need to register at battlefront.com [store etc.], just regard my entry no. 260, which is on page 26 of this thread).

In our game I suddenly see german fighters in China and eastern Russia. At best this is gamey, as the allies can not put aircraft in Russia. I would like to not see German aircraft in the pacific.

Secondly, when Japan signs the Russian non aggression pact it should be binding. In all our game Japan signs it the when Germany attacks Japan marches/airbornes in to the undefended Russin cities,and Russia gets no units in Siberia, or the Zuchkov event in western Europe.

Well, sounds as if you should defend your russian cities in asia.

Stalin did. Japan did.

In a world campaign there shouldn't be any "secure" areas.

Written treatys in WW2 were mostly worthless, at least they were for Hitler AND Stalin, probably for every other major power as well.

German fighters wouldn't have the range to reach Japan, but same goes for the american fighters (USA --> China).

Operational movement needs some new ideas in a world game of SC.

I have one more question( yeah sure, only one). When playing the Nupremal World Campaign, as Japan you can't attack anyone at the beginning(Sep 1,1939). So what do you do? Just sit in port for 2 years? I tried occupying some islands north of Autrailia and on eastward but when the Allies finally came after me in late 1944 it bypassed everything and tried to take on the Japanese mainland. So it seems senseless to occupy islands. Is there anything else you can do with your ships and troops until you are allowed to attack other countries? or do you just hunker-down and fortify the main chain of Japanese islands?