New Voice files Pleeeze!!!!

Nidan1

While playing a USMC battle against the AI just now, I am increasingly annoyed the we did not get a new set of American voices.

I know this has been whined about before, but right after a team blows a hole in a wall to begin an assault, I hear "quiet down lets get some noise discipline here!" Well you know how that ruins the moment.

Any chance of getting new voice mods?

I have been working on a mod that replaces all of the US voices with voices from "Spec Ops: Rangers Lead the Way". I am just kinda worried about copyright issues. Its a pretty good game with convincing voice acting considering it is eleven years old.

While playing a USMC battle against the AI just now, I am increasingly annoyed the we did not get a new set of American voices.

I know this has been whined about before, but right after a team blows a hole in a wall to begin an assault, I hear "quiet down lets get some noise discipline here!" Well you know how that ruins the moment.

Any chance of getting new voice mods?

One thing I always wondered about was why they kept the voices from CM-1.

@ theFightingSeabee: "'Join the Army,' they said; 'it'll be fun,' they said...." =)

@ Nidan1: Yeah, shouldn't a unit which is about to set off a charge either say "Fire in the hole!" or keep quiet so as not to give the enemy a chance to anticipate what they're about to do?

I mentioned in another thread that one of my favorite mods for CMBB was one (which I got from CMMODs) that replaced many of the default voice files (other than the 'stock' reporting/command ones like "Schütze, feindliches Ziel, feuer frei!") with ones that made playing feel much more dynamic. (For example, one went like this: "Ergibt dich -- dann kann ich dich erschießen! <chuckle>" -- the GI equivalent would be something like: "C'mon out so I can blast ya!")

It seems like there's only two or three voice files for any given 'trigger' -- for example, a US unit when Assault-ing will say either "Charge!" or "Attack! Give it to 'em!"