Will we be able to resupply .50cal snipers?

As it is now, .50cal snipers run out of ammo way to soon. From my experience, it seems like they carry about 20 rounds or so. After that, I use them as observers or they have to be moved out of frontline. I can see how it would be ridiculous for them to be carrying around a few hundred 50cal rounds as they are snipers after all. Still, it would be much more useful for them to be able to resupply. So, will this be added in the future? Thanks

The M2 equiped on Humv's and such fire a different .50 than does the sniper rifle.

There is no .50 cal ammo exclusive to the sniper rifles or MGs except SLAP rounds (Saboted Light Armor Penetrator), which cannot be fired from the M107/SASR. Standard MG ammo is often used, but Mk211 Mod 0 is preferred.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/mk211.htm

Here's a video explanation:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8733668854193756605

Shouldn't snipers perform better than they do in the game though? I remember one scenario downloaded from CMMODS where there is a sniper group and to be honest I wasn't sure that it hit much at all.

I believe sniper capabilities / performance was suppose to be tweaked higher (improved somewhat) with patch 1.11. (I haven't playtested enough yet with snipers to see).

Snipers are doing better in this patch than they had in the past. I used to complain about sniper accuracy too. It seems to be a topic where actual statistical analysis would do some good. If we found (for example) that 1 shot in 4 wounded and 1 in 6 killed that would be a much higher average than your typical 'spray & pray' rifleman.

I tested every-which-way awhile ago and .50 cal snipers do not get to replenish. I even tested-out a rumor that acquired 7.62 would translate into more .50 cal bullets in the game - it doesn't. And there's no mechanism in the game to pull .50 cal rounds out of a hmg ammo belt either.