Iraqis Burn Bush Effigy Where They Beat Saddam Statue 5 Years Earlier

FAI

Nah, the Mediterraneans are creative, and lazy and pompous, whereas the Teutons are industrious. (And way too hierarchical and lacking any sense of humor.)

The Anglos are financial, first and foremost. (But their cuisine and culture isn't that developed...)

:D

And the Scandinavians are still stuck at the level of trying to learn how to pry seeds out of pine cones. They do have some cool chicks though.

:D

Michael

Have we always been the Great Satan? I thought we used to be the Little Satan and the USSR was the Great Satan, until they went belly up.

I get confused with this stuff as well, and it only gets worse. We now have The Chosen One as our leader, so how does that square with us as being the Great Satan? Does that make The Chosen One the devil? Or are we now The Shining City on the Hill with The Chosen One as Our Beloved Leader? It would have been so much simpler if McCain would have won.

Everything would be so much easier if Miroslav Satan would play for the Devils. But then again, Ayatollah did issue a fatwã against Salman Rushdie because of the Satanic Verses, but Sir Salman is an Indian, and not related to Dick Cheney, so where is the Evil Dark Hand of Karl Rove in all of this?

It gets so confusing...

How dare you mention the words burning and Ayatollah in the same sentence?! Now you are going to have to appologize to the entire Arab world and go into hiding.

Why would the Arabs give a crap about the Ayatollah?

Anyway, I have always thought that a good business plan would be to open a store in the Middle East that sold American and Israeli flags, Bush effigies and cans of Zippo fluid. Plenty of customers. You could even do a sideline in burn ointment for all the idiots who get flash burns from setitng the fuel-soaked flags alight.

Hey, if they had been brave enough to burn a Saddam effigy 10 years ago, we never would have had to go there.

Nice to see a free people having fun though.

+1

The fact that they can do that without fear of us frog stomping them is pretty cool. I hope they enjoy the freedom while it lasts.