Repository

M1A1TC

can you add folders in CMSF Marines modul (maps/mods/scenarios) as in CMSF base game?

Sure, but I wanted to first wait and see if it will be necessary. Folders can be added later, and uploaded files rearranged, very easily from the backend.

AFAIK there are no Marines specific maps, or are there? As in no module specific terrain?

What I wonder is how the scenarios will be sorted once more modules are available. If you have scenarios that utilize both Marines and British, where should they go? Or will there be a Bastard Scenario folder?

It's up to you where to upload it, really. I would suggest using the master folder. Or you can upload it twice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After 9 hours of 3-4kb/sec yesterday, I finally downloaded a corrupted file. So I deleted the file and today I'm getting this... what's going on? Trust me guys, I'd have been very happy to pay you $2-3 from time to time for this service... Instead, I get this for 'free'
I try download now and I have no problem with download (file is correct and download speed ~1200kB/s)...

After 9 hours of 3-4kb/sec yesterday, I finally downloaded a corrupted file. So I deleted the file and today I'm getting this...

[link]

what's going on? Trust me guys, I'd have been very happy to pay you $2-3 from time to time for this service... Instead, I get this for 'free'

I am not sure if a paid service would do you any good, Paper Tiger, because if you have a problem downstream that's killing your speed and if you make typos in your links (such as the one you posted) so they don't work, then a paid membership won't really help either. :rolleyes:

The link you posted was a direct ftp link to the file, except you made a typo and it didn't parse correctly because of spaces in the file name. I had to remove it because we don't want direct links to the files posted publicly.

I don't know what else to say. It's working for everyone else just fine apparently. Perhaps try downloading from a different PC? Something seems to be killing off the speed on your end, plus if you're getting consistently corrupted files, then other things may be broken, too (browser, operating software).

The link you posted was a direct ftp link to the file, except you made a typo and it didn't parse correctly because of spaces in the file name. I had to remove it because we don't want direct links to the files posted publicly.

I apologize if I posted something that I shouldn't have. I'm not an IT guy so I don't what some of these things are. With regards to a typo, I just cut and pasted that from the page I was sent to after I agreed to the EULA. This wasn't a link, it didn't do anything when I hovered the mouse over it or clicked on it and I was sent there every time I tried to download the file. In other words, it was a complete dead end so forgive me if I'm a bit confused.

I have already installed Firefox 3 and I have simply NEVER had a problem like this downloading from either your website or anybody else's before this. The fact that others are having no problems with this is one of the reasons why I'm feeling a bit frustrated and left out. But I'll just have to get over it. Thanks for your attention though.

Sounds like a problem with FF3 or your settings for the browser. It seems like your download isn't starting automatically as it should. Perhaps you need to adjust some settings? Have you downloaded anything from someplace else using FF3?

The link you copied had a typo at the very end (an ' added to it that doesn't belong there). It also didn't parse correctly due to the spaces. Not sure if this is perhaps some FF3 bug (isn't FF3 still in beta?)

I know it works fine in FF2 which I have and tested with.

Well, I downloaded FF3 and installed it. No problems at all in downloading from the Repository.

After clicking the checkbox to agree to the License a download window pops up and begins streaming the file. Something is whacky with your PC, connection or operating system I would say.

Perhaps try installed the Download Express plug-in for Firefox. It pops right up when you download a file and it's even better than the built-in downloader from my experience.

I apologize if I posted something that I shouldn't have.

No need to. The direct link isn't hidden (it's visible when you download files) on purpose to allow people to use download managers etc. so there is no problem at all that you posted it, since you couldn't know. I just wanted to remove it to remove the temptation to use it. We want people to use the frontend to maintain download stats, encourage people to vote etc.

Thanks for your continued feedback. I just tried again and was taken to the same place. So, I tried to download another file, a scenario and after agreeing with the EULA, I was given the usual option to save or open etc...

here's what I'm seeing sans the link

Index of ftp...blah blah blah

then under that a folder icon with Up to a higher directory

and then under that again, Name, size and last modified.

and nothing at all happens

I have FF3 with adobes latest flash player installed, otherwise it's a clean set up. The operating system is authentic Vista 64 bit Home, (yes I live in Indonesia but I'm a westerner and so there's no dodgy pirate stuff on my rig). I have no idea about FF3 being a beta but that might be it. Anyway, I'll keep trying and if I don't have it by Monday, I'll try downloading it at work. (Now THAT'S a dodgy rig if there ever was one. Not a piece of authentic software installed on it at all. I'll bet it all works fine though.)

Ugh.. Imagine this... a sort order for dummies:)

Files Order By : ID | File Title | Downloads | Submit Date | Submitter | Author

Why if it had been a javelin it might have exploded in my arse as I missed it till just now.:o

Sorrow Moon. You can provide folks the tolls to use but you can't make them open their eyes and click ... unless you work for the CIA or sumpin:D

CogNative ... Yes a glass .. make that a bottle I got some fine Mods to play with tonight.

Small request:

Make the first thumbnail the one that is always displayed as the primary. Currently it seems to randomly choose among the three possible.

Yeah, I just noticed this, too. I thought it would be the first by default, will make a note to check into it.

trying to upload a ZIP file to the repository. every time i get "unspecified file" error message. what's that all about? certainly filled out correctly and it is a ZIP. must have to do with something else?

I've had this happen too, haven't been able to figure out why.