Detailed Foliage Mod 2.0

An update to a small mod:

Instead of the generic green dots, the correct trees and brushes are displayed in the editor.

Changes from v1.0:

- more detailed trees and bushes taken directly from screenshots of the 3D view so they look like their counterparts ingame.

- color system to diplay multiple trees in a single square

treeiconspreview01.jpg

available at CMMods.

• 1 month later...

I really like this mod, it makes it much more human to create (and adjust) forests with multiple tree/bush types. Along with the shaded walls, this is a must have for anyone into map designing.

I have a couple of suggestions:

- could you show the relative scale of the trees? Now eg. Tree A and Tree D look the same, when in fact the latter is twice the width and height.

- can you trim the files down in size? Now some of them are considerably bigger than the originals, so the editor has to scale them down which I think can slow things down a bit when loading the editor. Not a biggie, but if you can do that it'd be great.

Thanks all. :)

I have a couple of suggestions:

- could you show the relative scale of the trees? Now eg. Tree A and Tree D look the same, when in fact the latter is twice the width and height.

- can you trim the files down in size? Now some of them are considerably bigger than the originals, so the editor has to scale them down which I think can slow things down a bit when loading the editor. Not a biggie, but if you can do that it'd be great.

Downsizing the files shouldn't be a problem - I considered a low-res version at first, but decided to go with the high-res one, because the differences between the trees were more obvious.

And I'll think about something to make the the size more visible - perhaps an additional ID letter or color code... have to see what works.

Oh, and the current v2.0 is also available at the BF repository.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having problems with this mod. Some of the bmps seemed to be the wrong size and weren't displaying correctly. After I reopened them and got all bmps to a good size (195x195 pixels x 96 ppi) everything is now displaying correctly for me. Did anyone else have this problem or was just just me and my bootcamped imac?

By the way, FANTASTIC much-needed mod! :D

MikeyD,

I haven't had problems with the higher resolution, so far. *Could* be related to the OS (WinXp here).

I reckon only part of the image was displayed? (I had something similar with resized ground tiles).

For anyone having issues (including performance drops) I'm planning to release an updated version with a lower-res option in the near future.

And, glad that you like the mod. :)