Friendly Fire!!!

I was just playing a modified version i made of the Al Huqf scenario, where a crack special forces company are seeded in the town (well they were meant to be but this time i had messed up the deployment) to defend against a platoon of bradley-mounted troops. I had instructed a longbow to fly over-head and provide cover - using the circular area attack command - as soon as the mission started.

So I press start, and the sound of the heicopter soon fills my ears. BOOM two bradleys breach the wall with their TOWs as ordered. All four Bradleys are now moving in slowly to drop their payloads into the first line of buildings. In this time the longbow has fired of a string of 30mm at targets on the other side of the map and is coming around for another pass. The sounds are slightly overwhelming in their intensity (so many at the same time and quite loud as I had ear-phones on.) giving the feel - and bringing on a modicom of the stress - of a real battle.

Then I see a stitch of tracer fire reach from the and start hitting one of my advancing Bradleys! Im not sure I remember reading that friendly fire is in this game - it was pretty cool even if it was a bug. I can supply a save of just after it happened and the map also. using 1.10.

I don't think small arms friendly fire is currently modelled, but explosions from RPGs, grenades, missiles and shells can all cause friendly casualties as far as I know.

I haven't had any accidental air support accidents so far though - don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate!

I don't think small arms friendly fire is currently modelled
I also suspect small arms friendly fire is not modelled. In the scenario "Only about 10 minutes", playing with the US, I had one squad assault an enemy trench while other friendly squads were suppressing the defending troops (with grenades too). Well, as my assaulting squad got to the trench, friendly fire continued, but seemed to affect only the enemy.

I don't think small arms friendly fire is currently modelled, but explosions from RPGs, grenades, missiles and shells can all cause friendly casualties as far as I know.

I haven't had any accidental air support accidents so far though - don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate!

Correct. HE is modelled because you don't have to compute lines of fire for the effect.

AIUI.

Redwolf if you were asking a question...

The APCs were in the process of moving up to the walls of the town and were carrying the infantry when they were set upon by the apache. The enemy targets that came under fire at the start were some jeeps on the other side of the town. But this wouldnt have influenced the AI into being more likely to hit a friendly vehicle.