T-95 to enter production in 2009 could we see it in a future cmsf game ?

Hannibal

'It apears the Russians are looking a putting a new tank into production in 2009 or 2010 ten .If one of these tanks eather t-95 or Black Eagle is made could we see one of these tanks in a future cmsf game.I assume if it a brand new model all info would be classified so not sure if it would be possible to do ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-95

Considering that CMSF is already pushing the envelope of plausible Syrian equipment, I would be really surprised to see the T-95 in any of the future modules.

That said however, from what little was said about CMSF:2 I gathered that it's going to be a bit more of a 'sandbox' type game than the current CMSF. Meaning that BF.C would be more willing to introduce 'non-exported' Russian kit, if not include Russia as one of the factions all together.

Yeah, when we do CM:SF 2 we are going to broaden the spectrum of what we include by a wide margin. We will likely include some "near future" stuff that may, or may not, have a chance of being introduced. The funny thing was we started out CM:SF 1 like that, but it took so damned long to finish it and the Army moved uncharacteristically fast that we wound up not simulating Strykers ahead of their first deployment after all :D

Steve

Yeah, when we do CM:SF 2 we are going to broaden the spectrum of what we include by a wide margin. We will likely include some "near future" stuff that may, or may not, have a chance of being introduced. The funny thing was we started out CM:SF 1 like that, but it took so damned long to finish it and the Army moved uncharacteristically fast that we wound up not simulating Strykers ahead of their first deployment after all :D

Steve

I was hoping for that FCS stuff in the CMSF before it came out. I really was imagining a Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter type of equipment with WEGO gameplay. And I know we arent getting Special Forces module. So it seems like Ill have to wait till CMSF2.

Well... the way I see it the stuff that's gonna be included (if there are any ideas for stuff already, that is) in CM:SF2 at the time of release is either already in the field and has been used or so "future" that it has maybe not even had a single prototype built. Even the o-so-mighty-and best-equipped-of-all US Army has just so much money to spend on developing new gadgets and AFVs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the M1 another 10-15 years around with various upgrade kits...

If there is anyone who's a sucker for "near-future" equipment it's me, but unless BFC has some deeper inside-the-industry knowledge that I don't (certainly possible) it's still pretty much a coin toss what will eventually be deployed in the field.

That doesn't mean I don't have the hots for the new tech though: Robotic vehicles, active defense, you name it.

Steve,

“We will likely include some "near future" stuff that may, or may not, have a chance of being introduced.”

That would be a real shame… you’d dilute the brand…;).

There are lots of “games” out there that do the same… and they are “games” not wargames.…one reason is the lack of realism.

CM means PC “game” graphics and ease of play combined under the skin with the hardest of hard-core tactical simulations, even academically accurate to a standard that can only be equaled but not surpassed. That is the reason for your cult following…:).

Include stuff that has not been fielded and call the game a simulation, even a realistic simulation… and that hard won reputation is gone. You have produced a fantasy game.

Even if they have only been fielded in tiny numbers… if they have not been fielded they are not real… and have no place under CM brand. In my very prejudiced view… ;)

They very latest stuff from the US, UK, Germany and Russia battling it out in Europe in 2010 will do the job just fine…if it is a real wargame you wish to produce.

All good stuff,

All the best,

Kip.

The plan is that 10 years from now, classic systems like the M1 Abrams and M2 Bradley will still be around in upgraded form, but "Future Combat Systems" brigades will use the manned vehicles built for the program. I imagine we could see a new few designs based off of spare Abrams hulls as well. All of this could easily change however based on funding and how well or how poorly the program does.

Seeing how Battlefront won't be working on Shock Force 2 for awhile I imagine that by the time they start there will be enough info about the FCS manned vehicles and possibly the T-95 to model them rather realistically. If more accurate information is released later they could always be adjusted in patches too. A near future game can still be a simulation in my mind.

It would be a fantasy game if they modeled the T-95 and such before nobody had seen the thing as is the case now.

Regarding what is classified I am sure some things are hidden from us, especially in regards to stealth systems, aircraft, and energy weaponry.