Happy birthday Combat Mission:Shock Force!

I guess nobody else marked the occasion, but CMSF is now one year old.

It is a credit to Battlefront that they stuck with it and did what they promised, to continue to support the game and turn it into a worthy successor to the earlier games.

Hopefully the Marines expansion can get back the momentum and excitement that was lost by a rocky release, I'm sure there were some lessons learned, there should be plenty of good stuff in there.

Anyway, congratulations guys.

Good grief! Is is really a year already? I've pretty much played this game solidly for the last year to the exclusion of almost everything else.

I have to agree that it is remarkable how much this game has improved over the course of the last year. So much so that it has exceeded all my expectations of a modern era tactical warfare computer game. I consider myself incredibly blessed to have found CM games. Ever since I found a copy of CM.BO in my local computer game shop in Ipswich all those years ago I've played CM in one shape or form ever since. I might whinge from time to time about niggley little things but I have no doubt that I'll be spending the next year of my life working with this remarkable creation.

Thanks BFC. No doubt you will continue to work hard to improve this already brilliant game in the next year.

Our little baby's all grown up.

Yep, BFC stuck to their word and I never doubted them. They've kept at it and it's only gotten better and better. Not many publishers would've put that much effort into a game for a year, especially after such a rocky release. Hopefully from here on out the guys will stick to the mantra "when it's done". LOL.

Great job fellas. I look forward to all the CMSF modules and the WWII games beyond.

Mord.

It's the only game on my Hard Drive too. Still playing, single player, one year on. I think that's a first.

The only thing likely to divert me from SF for any length of time in the near future is the apparently near-imminent and long-awaited Combat Mission Campaigns. Blogfront indicates its almost upon us!

• 3 weeks later...

BFC,

So, one year on, how is CM:SF doing? The reason I ask is that new members keep appearing on the boards with largely positive feedback on the game, which suggests that it might be a "slow burner" that is only now generating a lot of interest in the wargaming community.

It would be nice if this proved to be the case.

I think we'll see a good amount of new guys when the Marines hit...as I said somewhere else, any reviews it gets are gonna have to mention the changes in CMSF itself and how far it has come. So these modules are gonna be great for title PR long after the title has been out.

Mord.