Troop get tired too quickly

Is it me or do troops get tired and even exhausted too quickly? I'm messing around trying to develope a good Senerio for scouts. My problem is they tire too quickly when dismounted. Even after they have been riding in a vehicle and get dismounted they seem to be tired right from the start. I've even upgraded there fitness to the highest level. Anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by MiB:

Why do troops get exhausted so quickly when moving slowly?

that is a question i have done myself they get tire pretty quick on slow movement. But i think it have to do with the equipment they carry they are heavy loaded troops and in slow move they get tire pretty quick.

[ November 11, 2007, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: redbear ]

Originally posted by emcnally:

Well being ex Army myself I know that troops dont get tired that quickly, even ones that arent that fit. I tried again last night and as soon as the troops hit the ground they were tired. Maybe something that should be looked at.

How long has it been since you were in? IBA is extremely heavy with a combat load of ammo,somewhere around 60 lbs. It also traps all the heat your torso generates during any movement or exertion. Add in a weapon, ACH, helping out your MG team with their ammo, AND 100 + degree temps.... Anyway, it's a heavy load. :D

There is a big difference from "being tired" to reaching a state of exhaustion that does not permit combat effectiveness.

Most grunts I knew were always "tired", but they could always perform when it was necessary.

Have far would you have to crawl in most situations? Unless you were trying to escape enemy fire by staying low, it would seem to me that upright movement would be the predominant mode for infantry troops.

I think that the quick exhaustion from crawling is legitimate. Its not really something you expect to do over a long range and it seems pretty strenuous.

I find that troops recuperate quicker if their not worn down. So short leaps with rests in between works well, everybody regroups and stops for a few seconds.

Also, does anybody ever use fast as a movment type? Seems their exhausted or dead if their taking any sort of fire, and I cant really see any other situation you'd need a unit to sprint unless they were under attack.

Well I retired off the M1A1 in 97, So its been quite a while ago. I know they have that damn flak jacket which does make it quite uncomfortable. Them guyss use to run with all that stuff on at Ft. Stewart. They would be a little slower, but not at a dead crawl and definately right from dismount. I guess thats my big problem, when you have them dismount after being in the Bradley there tired right away. See what I have is a scout unit that cant meet its objective because its a 2500x4000m map and the time only goes as high as 2 hours. If they had an hour longer.