Semi-official 'work in progress' report

Sneaksie

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Gridley

In addon squads will act as a whole (soldiers follow commander, squad is selectable with one click, etc.)

Nikki Mond

It's because most battles in the game happen near noon. Look at the landscape slopes around 4pm:

javastartapp20071012100yg8.th.jpg

Sorry but barely noticing the terrain slope shadows, too subtle, on my system anyways. They should be equal in contrast to the tree shadows which are well done.

First of all a big Thank You to the 1C Company and Battlefront for creating this fantastic Game! smile.gif

I don't know if i have read all of the treads about improving the Game, so here my question:

Will there be a new External Camera View Mode where Units can be viewed at a certain distances, maybe even adjustable distance?

Somehow similar like the Mouseview Center setting, but for viewing units.

That whould be very nice and useful for observing moving units instead of trying to follow manualy by keyboard movement which is not always same speed and height as the Unit to be watched.

Since i do make some ToW in-Game videos i whould be very happy about such a new "Tracking-View".

Thank you for any response! smile.gif

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot say how and when it will be available to you because it is Battlefront decision, but it will be ready in September.

So battlefront... where is it then!? Its October now.... No, wait, its nearly November.

Obviously we would rather the time is taken to make the patch as perfect as possible, but if the new German version is shipping with the Panzer Lehr campaign, then one would assume that its ready to go?

Come on... I can smell it... I know its there.

Can you give us any info :confused:

There where groups of both Tiger 1 and tiger 2 in Normany, but not with Lehr

501 503 others, independant heavy tank batallions of which Wittman served and died, no?

Will the patch give us battles in Normandy as a bonus?

Remember if he want s tigers it is an easy mod!

I am trying ot figure the daytime to give beter shadowing! great game.. looking forward to it being better!

German Tiger Tanks in Normandy

Three German schwere Panzer Abteilung equipped with Tiger I tanks fought in Normandy against Allied invasion forces. In addition, a small number of Tiger I tanks may have also reached Normandy with the Panzer Lehr Division.

• s.Pz.Abt. 503 was transferred to Normandy with 33 Tiger I and 12 Tiger II, reaching action in early July 1944. The 33 Tiger I were all shipped in June 1944. Photographs of the unit's Tigers are very limited. Technical features are similar to late Tigers shipped to the other units. However, possible distinguishing features include spare track not mounted on front plate, spare track stowed outside hull MG mount and driver's visor, and Pilze sockets on turret roof. Camouflage was similiar to other units, but on at least some vehicles, the Balkankreuz were unusually large. Tactical numbers were thin, neatly stencilled with white outline and dark, probably black, interior. (An excellent photo reference for s.Pz.Abt. 503 is the book 45 Tiger en Normandie la s. Pz.Abt. 503 by Didier Lodieu.)

• s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101 received 45 Tiger I in deliveries in October 1943 (10), January 1944 (8 or 9), and April 1944 (25 or 26). The unit reached Normandy in early June and Michael Wittmann and the 1st and 2nd Ko. fought in the well-known battle of Villers-Bocage on June 13. The unit's Tigers included both the rubber-wheel and steel-wheel variants. Spare track was mounted on the front plate of most, but not all, of the unit's Tigers. Each Kompanie carried the distinctive unit marking of crossed keys in a shield, on the front and rear. In addition, the 1st Ko. also carried a panzer lozenge with an "S" and a small "1" on the front and rear plates. Tactical numbers were fairly large and dark with white outline, except for the command tanks.

• s.SS-Pz.Abt. 102 was transferred to Normandy with 45 Tiger I, reaching action in early July. The unit was originally shipped six Tiger I in April 1944 and 39 Tiger I in May 1944. Again, photographs of the unit's Tigers are very limited. Technical features would be identical to late Tigers shipped to s.Pz.Abt. 503 and s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101. However, the unit appears not to have mounted spare track on the front plate. Camouflage was large patches of color which on some vehicles leads to the appearance of lines of the original dunkelgelb. Tactical numbers were thin, neatly stencilled with white outline and dark interior. Tactical numbers on the turret sides were often sloped, being aligned with the slope of the turret roof. Some Tigers carried a single underlined "S" rune painted on the zimmerit on the front and/or rear plates.

• Panzer Lehr Division was issued ten Tiger I in September-October 1943 and five Tiger II in February-March 1944. Of the ten Tiger I, three Tiger were listed as still with the division in summer 1944. The division reported six of eight Tigers operational on June 1 and three Tigers operational on July 1. Whether any Tiger I actually travelled with the division to Normandy, and the eventual fate of the Tiger I are unknown.

Hope this clears things up ;)

[ November 01, 2007, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: evo6tme ]

Originally posted by oho:

will there be a better hiding in the grass (no bushes) for infantry when attacked by tanks?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Sneaksie had mentioned the following:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Talking of concealment for the infantry - will infantry get concealment from tall grass in the patch/add-on?? Right now it just seems to be eye candy.

Right now grass doesn't affect visibility, but in addon it will provide concealment (it's planned). </font>

Originally posted by nachinus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gridley:

I'd like to see some squad logic. Currently, all individuals seem to operate independently. I'd like to be able to select a commander, give orders, and have the squad follow. It would really eliminate one of the most unrealistic, RTS-like aspects of the game...

And some squad tactical behaviour would be welcome too. Like squad MGs lying surpressive fire as the rest of the squad assaults, tactical movement using cover with squad mates covering the advance of the others, some coordination when attacking, and that kind of things. It would be great for the player experience so we don't have to micromanage to the absurd, and it would improve AI performance as well, because it currently uses infantry very very bad, like banzai charges. </font>