Semi-official 'work in progress' report

Sneaksie

I am looking forward to the newest patch and I am sure we all believe that 1C will continue to make this game greater.

My friend in Norway and I played the MP online and it is great to watch but does lack a bit as of now. Thanks for the update on the patch and hope to have it soon.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

For now, infantry use AT grenades for close assault.

The problem is that AT grenades appear late in the game ('43 in the German Campaign), and infantry squads have no means to fight armor in the first 3 years of game, with the exception of AT rifle squads, which are reallistically scarce.

Thanks for replying Sneaksie!

As people have said before me Tellermines/close assault etc. are really needed as current methods of infantry tank attack (i.e. grenades/RPGs) arrive late, and were historically far from the only means at their disposal. This is going to be much more important when urban warfare is implemented.

Especially for things like the Kursk missions, where the Ferdinands are vulnerable precisely because they have no mode of close defence.

I for one will handle the problem of tanks when the time comes. I am just eagerly needing the patch for this game to play others online. I do hope they have a lobby system worked out because I have posted here on the forums asking others who wish to play to at least contact me on the forums? Alas I have not heard from one? I think I am going to start a new feed that is for playing online multi player. Anyone think that is a good idea?

Two suggestions that I've been desiring for a while: Firstly, when one selects a soldier, can there perhaps be an option to select the entire squad when you select a single soldier and then you doubleclick to select just that soldier? I find myself needing to select the entire squad more than I need to select a single soldier. Secondly, if you've ever played World in Conflict, you no doubt have loved how intuitive the camera scheme was. Can there perhaps be an option to change the camera to that way? e.g. using wasd keys to move forward, backward and "strafe" left and right and use the mouse to pan the camera up, down, left, and right. It'd be perfect that way.

Sneaksie,

I know some may consider this a 'unnecessary evil', but will the patch also better work with Vista32/64?

map editor: starts, but switches resolution and never completes initialisation. Vista remains a resolution set by editor and must be manually reset after closing application;

mission editor: fails to initialize all together;

ToW: real slowdowns with multiple cores unless single cpu is chosen. These slowdowns do not happen when app. is set to run on 2 cores when using XP32.

My system:

C2D E6700@3Ghz, 2 Gb 8500C5

GF8800GTS 640mb (latest 163.69 drivers)

Samsung 226BW

VistaU64

Thanks,

Mark

Selecting a squad with one click

================================

Squads in addon will be selectable in such a way and, moreover, soldiers of squad will try to stay relatively close to each other and act as a whole. This system is in early stages of development and i can't be more specific.

Camera movement by WASD

You can map any keys you want for camera control in game options.

Vista support

Vista is not officially supported, and mission editor doesn't work on Vista. Game itself is working. If you experience heavy slowdowns in Vista, try to set the game to use one CPU in game configuration program.

Running down trees

In fact, there were two movement types in the game - normal and aggressive. In normal mode vehicles drive around trees, walls, etc., while in aggressive they travel in straight line and crush obstacles in their path to save time. Normal mode was used during MOVE command, while for ASSAULT agressive mode was used. But after release there were many complaints about vehicles taking too much time to move around the obstacles and thus aggressive mode was set for MOVE command.

Not all vehicles can crush obsacles - wheeled vehicles can't (with the exception of Sdkfz 232 8-rad).

I can't tell you when new patch for English version will be released - ask Battlefront (Madmatt or Moon).

[ September 28, 2007, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Sneaksie ]