For those with 1GB RAM

panzermartin

I'm curious, can you enjoy the game even when multiple tanks appear on screen? It is most propably either a cpu or ram problem. While paused the game is smooth as silk even when maxed out. Tank calculations seem to kill the frame rate.

P4® D dualcore 2.8

1GB ram

GeForce 7600GT

XP

My p4 is "dual core" but not the newer intel core2 duo. Dont know the difference. Must be slower though. I checked the nvidia control panel and no threaded optimization option was there. Maybe the game takes advantage of only the single 2.8ghz which must be a bit slow :(

If I had a cheaper 3.4 single core, TOW would run better?

Its possible then you don't have it. If you did I would see probably on a performance section of your BIOS. Form what I get on the net that P4 D 2.8 is a Hyper threader I've never had one of the older dual cores but you can see the logical cores through task manager > performance. I'm not sure but if you have dual cores with Hyperthreading you may see 4.

1 GB RAM, Athlon 4000+ (no dual core), 7600GT, Creative X-Fi. No issues (1152x864, 2xQ AA, 8X AF) with framerates at all in any battle so far at high settings ('very thick grass' is the only thing that seems to slow it down when zoomed at ground level).

Im experiencing major slow down to 2 to 3 fps. Using the Steel Torent as an example when the soviet tanks start to appear, the slow down begins. I can move across the screen when paused other wise it lags really bad...

My spec: GeForce 6600GT

AMD 2800+

1.5 Gigs

Ive tried using the control panel for Nvidia and hyper threading is not listed as an option. Ive tried mutiple options but no luck yet...

Reading the myriad of posts on this, I don't believe RAM is the issue. My guess is code optimization and\or driver issues that BF has to iron out. SOme have said enabling single monitor support (under Nvidia control panel) and\or checking 'single CPU' in the TOW settings seems to help.