Post your puter specs and how demo runs

criss

Intel Core Duo E6600, 2 GB Corsair RAM, Nvidia 8800 GTX

Turned to 1280*960, but comparing that to 1024*768 I think the game was actually made for the lower resolution. At first the unit window at the bottom of the screen seemed very small to me. Still undecided in which resolution I should play. Not to mention the small letters, even on my 20" screen.

When I focused the small "town" at the end of the map of the second tutorial mission (think it was combat tactics) and ran with the cam through it the performance dropped noticeable. I tried the same thing with 2nd Core switched off and it ran smooth.

Either my processor (although from last years november) is too old to be "one of the new core duo`s") or this rule applies for every core duo in the moment, but others still have to figure out. So, every Core Duo user, try this out for even smoother play in villages and towns. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac Pro 2.66 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 4 Gig of ram and a Radeon X1900 card.

Full screen 21 inch fast and smooth. Did yet not the test with the use of a single Core... because it runs so fine and have at the moment only eyes for the action.

War Raven.

i have vista ultimate

e6600 dual core

2 gig mem @800mhz

8800gtx

it runs smoothly even under vista i have put the option only one cpu (didnt try it when i put it off)

running 1280*1024 everything on.

*nows waits for the sound mods*

I have:

Intel 6700 Core Duo

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7950 GX2

Soundblaster Fatality

Win XP (I deinstalled Vista, because to much driver problems. In few month i give Vista a second chance)

All runs fine. I activated 2 Core in Options and have no problems. For SLI support and for AA/AF i use the free programm "nhancer"

So i have much fun with the demo.. but its hard to win. Well..maybe i have to defend more carefully..

PS: All options on max Details..

I have:

Intel Pentium M 780 2,13Ghz @ 3,0 Ghz running on socket 478

4x1GB DDR1 5000 RAM @ 1000Mhz frontsidebus

Radeon X1950 Pro AGP 512 MB

Soundblater Audigy 2 ZS

all running on a 22"IBM tube screen @ 1600x1200 full detail with 45-85 frames per secunds

HP Notebook containing :

- DualCore CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz

- 2Gb RAM

- GeForce Go 7600 with 256Mb of memory

- 17' widescreen

- Onboard Intel 82801G Audio Device

- 2 Serial ATA HD's (120Gb @5400 rpm), 1st containing Windows Vista, 2nd TOW Demo

I ran the TOW Demo at 1440x900 with all options I could find and as far as I could tell it ran without a hitch.

Mies

I have a AMD 64 3700+, nvidia GE force 6800 GS, and 1 GB RAM. It's pretty jerky on the bigger battles, smooth on everything else.

The common theme above seems to be that those with 2 or more GB are smooth as silk -- I'm biting the bullet and upgrading for another gig, it is worth the investment with CMSF coming out in 2 more months. For games like these that we have been waiting for forever, better to make the extra investment, as they won't be making new games for a while.

BTW, for all those that hate waiting in the RAM line at Fry's -- Both Circuit City and Best Buy have in-store pickup, great feature to use, and it was not hard to find the RAM I needed, at a good price, online on the Circuit City site.

For those who don't know what RAM they have -- you will have to probably take it out of your PC to see, and to see what socket you have. Just write down everything from the RAM chip you see, it will look familiar once you start shopping (for example, my RAM is DDR, PC3200).

Originally posted by Aries:

WinXP-HE, Dx9.0c, Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, 1 Gbyte RAM, GeForce 7800GS.

At 1280x1024, with FSAA at 4X and details at maximum level (even thick grass) the demo runs very well.

Hey,are you the same Aries over @ ACG and gamesquad forum?

If yes I thought you have a rather antique PC,judging on the impression from your posts?

My system is 2 years old, the lower minium spec req'd

Spec

XP3000+ Barton chip running at 2.4ghz

Asus A7N8X-E Delux MB

2x160gb sata maxtor 8mb H/Drives

2Gb crucial ramDDr400

ATi radeon XT9600 256mb /X1050 series chip.

Autodect settings all on high!! graphics in close are really cool

Demo runs smoothly Cool game.!!

Game runs good with full detail on for all settings.

My PC:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (Socket A processor 32 bit)

BFG Nvidia 7800GS Video Card 256MB memory

2GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM

I'm surprised my old rig can run this game. I've been playing around with the "Steel Torrent" scenario.

What's with the knocked down trees that melt.

It was neat to see one of my panzer crews who lost their tank go climb in an abandoned T-34/85. Great stuff!