Stop being negative

Valgua

I've read a lot of angry messages yesterday and I really don't understand why. Stop whining about the pre-release. You will all get this game soon enough. I pre-ordered ToW with the 10$ in mind, considering the pre-release only a small additional benefit. Small because every player with some experience know very well that the common policy with pre-orders is not to pre-release the game at all, and in the few cases this happens the game is pre-released with only a few hours "lead". With the pre-order you have the chance to get the DL and boxed version (with printed manual!) saving money (In practise I saved expedition costs entirely), so I don't understand your great animosity towards BFC. Cool down and relax. By the way, it's Wednesday so I have to work during day time and sleep at night. I can fill my few free hours with my other wargames. I'll be glad to try ToW during the weekend.

Bye,

Filippo

Well if you say that "If you preorder, you'll get the game early.". The people who paid should get it early, that's it. Technically if people who preordered, starts downloading one hour before the release, it's still a "pre-download" and there's nothing wrong with it because you still get it early. But from the eyes of the customers, this is "cheating".

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Rak:

Well if you say that "If you preorder, you'll get the game early.". The people who paid should get it early, that's it. Technically if people who preordered, starts downloading one hour before the release, it's still a "pre-download" and there's nothing wrong with it because you still get it early. But from the eyes of the customers, this is "cheating".

Just my 2 cents.

I think the majority of customers realized in due time that "early" in the gaming branch often means "a few hours". I'm sorry for those who feel cheated but consider two things: 1) it's a game, not the miracle drug that will save you from ageing and death 2) it's a working day so most of us won't be able to play it anyway. All of you will certainly find a way to spend a few hours untill we get the game (going out with the girlfriend, playing other games, reading, sleeping, working, arguing on the forum...). As far as I know most people here is over 30 years old, so don't behave like kids crying about an ice cream.

Filippo

@filippo

10$ cheaper NOT you still have to pay 11$ shipping. so pls think twice. If i can get it in a shop it will cost me less and yes i have to wait a few days more.

But when i pre order i pay more so i want to see the game at least earlier. And even more if they say that one of the advantages of an pre order.

And if you like to play it in the weekend so do so but many people who pre orderd it would like to play before.

just my 1$

It's $10 cheaper compared to when you order the same option (download&delivery) tomorrow. Because that option will be $55 + Shipping, whereas pre-orders are $45 + Shipping.

It is of course not cheaper than if you purchase a "download only", because then all you pay is $45. But pre-ordering a download doesn't make sense - simply wait until downloads are active and buy. Of course then you don't get the disc, DVD box and printed manual, which is why the download&mail version is more expensive - you get more for your cash (whereas pre-order customers get it for less cash).

Martin

Originally posted by pwncake:

@filippo

10$ cheaper NOT you still have to pay 11$ shipping. so pls think twice. If i can get it in a shop it will cost me less and yes i have to wait a few days more.

But when i pre order i pay more so i want to see the game at least earlier. And even more if they say that one of the advantages of an pre order.

And if you like to play it in the weekend so do so but many people who pre orderd it would like to play before.

just my 1$

You should READ twice, both the BFC page and my message. But to save time you could simply read what moon just wrote.

I understand you'd like to play the game before but stop whining, please! It's like when you take a little kid to a store and he cries until you buy him candies (at lunch time, of course!). Matt stated there was some problem delaying the pre-release. In the real world things like this happen and it would be a paradise if they only happend with games. Be patient and do something else for a few hours, Santa Claus will soon be here.

Filippo

Originally posted by Rak:

But from the eyes of the customers, this is "cheating".

Thanks for speaking for the rest of the customers. You must have ESP or something. Then again, it isn't working that well because I didn't think it was "cheating".

For my Space Nazis from Antarctica mod I would really like to be able to give officers Akimbo lugers and force MG gunners to always fire from the hip! The mech-suit guys perhaps even with two MG 42s!!!

Any help is most appreciated!

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Valgua:

I've read a lot of angry messages yesterday and I really don't understand why. Stop whining about the pre-release. You will all get this game soon enough. I pre-ordered ToW with the 10$ in mind, considering the pre-release only a small additional benefit. Small because every player with some experience know very well that the common policy with pre-orders is not to pre-release the game at all, and in the few cases this happens the game is pre-released with only a few hours "lead". With the pre-order you have the chance to get the DL and boxed version (with printed manual!) saving money (In practise I saved expedition costs entirely), so I don't understand your great animosity towards BFC. Cool down and relax. By the way, it's Wednesday so I have to work during day time and sleep at night. I can fill my few free hours with my other wargames. I'll be glad to try ToW during the weekend.

Bye,

Filippo

excellent thread topic. I personally would enjoy kicking the complainers right in the teeth.

Not worried about the realease being late.

I am being butchered nice and easy whith the demo.

That beast will take a while to master :D

My soldiers keep dying on me, i find myself shouting to my little sodiers "you bastards ressurect and follow your orders", but to no avail, they continue to play dead "cowards". :mad:

Oh well war is a bitch, make wargames not war. :D