It Never Snows in September: The Peng Challenge View of Market Garden

Lars

Originally posted by Noba:

The fact that I did indeed get rewarded for the fantastic effort of running around over a hot 3 days refereeing (mainly women) in tight lycra bodysuits... wait - that was them, not me! - goes to show that the National Referee Coaches recognised the effort you all put in to help me achieve this marvelous result.

I'm surprised you managed to control your urges in the midst of all of those sweaty, fit, 12 year old girls. Was R Kelly also attempting to get certified?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it seems NG cavscout is too busy throwing possessors of overdue library books in jail to send me a turn.

BELOIT, Wis. - Keely Givhan got a hard lesson on the importance of returning overdue library books -- six days in the Rock County Jail.

After stopping her for a traffic violation in November, officers executed an arrest warrant for failure to appear in court over items that had not been returned to the Beloit Public Library.

Happy Casimir Pulaski Day to all of you scum secreting sallies out there on the board.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

And it seems NG cavscout is too busy throwing possessors of overdue library books in jail to send me a turn.

And you are too busy being an annoying twit to send me a turn. </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

The fact that I did indeed get rewarded for the fantastic effort of running around over a hot 3 days refereeing (mainly women) in tight lycra bodysuits... wait - that was them, not me! - goes to show that the National Referee Coaches recognised the effort you all put in to help me achieve this marvelous result.

I'm surprised you managed to control your urges in the midst of all of those sweaty, fit, 12 year old girls. Was R Kelly also attempting to get certified? </font>

But sorry, wrong age group I'm afraid. I only made the grade for the Older Ladies.

Hey, I'm curious, in what age group are these "Older Ladies"?

...they have me yelling at them over their shoulders to "make it back with me, ladies"...

Noba.

I'm not familiar with this command. What is it you're asking of them? I'm not sure if it's the 'sports' bit of your story that I'm unable to follow or if it's the 'Aussie' bit. Either way, I'm lost (not that that's unusual or anything).

Originally posted by Bugged:

But sorry, wrong age group I'm afraid. I only made the grade for the Older Ladies.

Hey, I'm curious, in what age group are these "Older Ladies"?

...they have me yelling at them over their shoulders to "make it back with me, ladies"...

Noba.

I'm not familiar with this command. What is it you're asking of them? I'm not sure if it's the 'sports' bit of your story that I'm unable to follow or if it's the 'Aussie' bit. Either way, I'm lost (not that that's unusual or anything). </font>

you fecking Aussie koala Noba,

You have to run five yards and get out of the way. Boo hoo. A REAL referee runs the entire pitch, for 90 minutes or more, and stays by play but not in it. That is 120 meters by 100 meters, while being judge, jury, and executioner in a sport with a lot of physical contact. 70 meter by 50 meters and you have to mark 5 yards, and they aren't even aloowed to tackle. train one of your rats down there to do that. Oh wait....I see, never mind, carry on, carry on..

Say another word about Soccer referees, and I'll make sure you never get wine from Winecape, he, like me, is a Soccer Referee.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

You have to run five yards and get out of the way. Boo hoo. A REAL referee runs the entire pitch, for 90 minutes or more, and stays by play but not in it. That is 120 meters by 100 meters, while being judge, jury, and executioner in a sport with a lot of physical contact. 70 meter by 50 meters and you have to mark 5 yards, and they aren't even aloowed to tackle. train one of your rats down there to do that. Oh wait....I see, never mind, carry on, carry on..

Say another word about Soccer referees, and I'll make sure you never get wine from Winecape, he, like me, is a Soccer Referee.

Rune

Cor blimey! Woke you up, obviously. Bloody soccer referees are always getting things wrong. Spurs have been robbed by blokes like you for years.

Face it, you wander around the field on some sort of drunken diagonal meander, occasionally whipping out the yellow card when some poncey player falls over - more likely dives - and you get it wrong every time.

World Cup.

Australia v Italy.

Need I say more?

Noba.

Originally posted by rune:

Rune

When I work a game solo I generally get a good workout, but most of the time we run a two man system, and I do amble around. I hate a three man system, but I barely move at all when working the middle. This past fall was my last year in black, and I do believe that I'll miss it.

Originally posted by stoat:

When I work a game solo I generally get a good workout, but most of the time we run a two man system, and I do amble around. I hate a three man system, but I barely move at all when working the middle. This past fall was my last year in black, and I do believe that I'll miss it.

That may be the most homoerotic thing I've ever read.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

That may be the most homoerotic thing I've ever read. </font>

How 'bout a bit of a singsong. The group says this one is in honour of Tom Waits. It's genius.

He’s got the hands of a blind piano player

He’s got a feel for the dark like a soothsayer

He takes a little bow and tips his fedora

Shouts like he’s gonna save Sodom and Gomorrah

Workin’ for the circus X railroad bum

Carnival barker for kingdom dot come

Dusty ol’ Gibson opposable thumb

Bangs out the rhythm on a 50-gallon drum

Don’t wait for Tom

Tom’s long gone

He’s already moved on

Don’t wait for Tom

I saw an ol’ ’55 Buick

Just before dawn

I said, Hey, hey Tom

The sun’s comin’ up

You got your wipers on

Are you tryna make it rain again?

Is it rainin’ just around your bend?

Sittin’ in a corner with his pet muskrat

Tossin’ his cards into an old man’s hat

He grins at the girls and they always grin back

He bets an old waltz he could get ‘em in the sack

He makes his own music from the bell of a ‘bone

A waitress’s falsie and a railroad phone

Bobs on his knees to an old tarantella

South of the border he stole it from a fella

Don’t wait for Tom

Tom’s long gone

He’s already moved on

Don’t wait for Tom

I saw an ol’ ’55 Buick

Just before dawn

I said, Hey, hey Tom

The sun’s comin’ up

You got your wipers on

Is it rainin’ just around your bend?

His triple-jointed juke fingers splay like a scarecrow

He kneels down and whistles to a fallen sparrow

His eyes light up when they wheel in a piano

He reads a dirty joke out of an old Baptist hymnal

He wears a tuxedo made of sackcloth and ashes

Has a tattoo of a girl who can bat her eyelashes

Down on the river he was fishin’ with a sword

He knocked off John the Baptist for a word from the Lord

He takes his coffee with the blood of a turnip

Blushes his cheeks with an Amsterdam tulip

Choppin’ up a rooster for a pullet surprise

If the gravy don’t getcha he’ll getcha with his eyes

Don’t wait…

Hey Tom…

Don't Wait For Tom

-Over the Rhine

Work is running out. Missed you all. Kind of like the phantom pain that amputees endure.

Had to return, to keep Boo in line.

Spring is coming. I will soon be paddling again. But, in that interesting window between working, and the kayaking season, I figure on showing up here and abusing you all.

But especially the Australians. Gods, how I hate the damn Australians.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

We prefer your hate to your love anyway.

Of course you do. Now, turn around and smile. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

We prefer your hate to your love anyway.

Of course you do. Now, turn around and smile. </font>