I Love CM:SF!

Originally posted by RedMike:

Yes that's right, I love this game!

I have CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK, and I definitely positively like CMSF best.

Just had to say it cause I can't stand all the negative ink being spilled over it.

RedMike...out

RedMike while I think it may be a bit early to say that I like CMSF more than CMBO/BB/AK, I can certainly say that I'm enjoying the game tremendously. Clearly there are some issues and I was not one struck by the technical challenges so my viewpoint is obviously different from others.

That being said, I have faith in my friends at BFC and I'm confident that in a very short time it will be a tremendous game and a worthy addition to the CM stable.

Joe

I agree! Even with all its problems (which I imagine most will be fixed soon) I find CMSF to be great fun. It is taking me a while to learn how to use it. At first I thought this is a new engine and modern combat so forget what you have learned in CM1 and welcome to the 21st century! However, after getting slaughtered a few times I have come to see that many of the standard tactics that worked great in WWII/CM1 still seem to work in CMSF but with a few new added wrinkles. It is finding these new wrinkles that I find interesting on how tactical level combat has changed (and hasn't changed) since WWII/CM1.

I also like RT (though I didn't think I would based on other RT games I have played). To me it brings a new dimension into play and a new level of realism (coupled with non Borg spotting)in that micro mangaing is not really feasible and yet there is not really a click fest either. I also can play a game in near real time (plus a few minutes for pauses) where in WEGO it would take hours of play to play a 30 min scenario.

My biggest concern was that the game wouldn't run on my machine but it seems to run OK (though a bit on the sluggish side..however I have learned to work around these shortcomings).

My hope is that the direction BF goes is not for more CPU hungry eye candy (what they have is good enough for me..though I love 1:1 and the animations) but more units, better play, better UI, more theaters, etc. However, that is my take and I can imagine that this might not be everyone's cup of tea.

[ August 05, 2007, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Midnight Warrior ]

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

That being said, I have faith in my friends at BFC

Joe

Dammit Joe how many times do we have to tell you that they are not your friends (you don't actually have any) and they would like you to stop stalking them. </font>

Hehehe...you guys are funny...but remember this; everytime you come out here and act all funny like it's like a huge advertisement for the thread.

If you're not carefull you could get all sorts of strange and even a few normal people poking around in there.

....just saying is all.

//Salkin

I agree.I have many games Oblivion,Rainbow six vegas, Graw2,Insurgency,Red orchestra just to mention a few and I find myself playing CMSF only,,,I cannot get enough of it,,,,Yea I saw some rpgers walking from one roof to another in the air, but still it doesn't matter with all tha great action going on all the time....love the grenade launcher and the javelin animations,,,,

Add me to the list.

Still haven't finished the first scenario yet (playing WeGo to get used to things) - but I love it. If anything it surpasses my expectations. Yeah, there are a few bugs and the pathfinding could do with some refinement but the game is amazing.

God knows what all those posts about the game being 'broken' were about. Utter rubbish.

Add me as well, it still has the CM spirit all the way and it is a true wargame. At first I was a little doubtful and even tryed putting it to the test to see if I could win successfully playing it like a typical RTS you know very light on tactics just rushing out all the big guns to overwhelm the enemy and after quicking loosing I was glad to see I needed to be more careful about my decisions.

As I said in another thread much of the old basic universal strategies and tactics used for CMBB and other good wargames apply here as well as some that are entirely different given the new equipment and conditions. It's no less difficult than CMBB.

And above all it is the same deep interest of :look-what's-happening!; what-I've-got-to-do fun.

Now I am talking about the campaign and scenario missions and yes I still hope the QBs -can be improved-in the way of AI tactics- those add a long never ending replay value and for me I've got to have a good single play I can fire up when I have the time.

There are a few other mostly minor things that I think are either missing or not working well but this is not the place to niggle like so many are doing in the forum- I think no matter even if it came out the way they expected it to be they would still have to whine and be disappointed- some have thrown their little arms up before they've even finished the first mission-or after they've lost it.

I would like to thank the Battlefront team for another amazing simulation. I am thoroughly enjoying this game, and am totally impressed with its depth, which becomes apparent each time I play.

I am not having any significant perfomance issues. Here are my system spec's:

Toshiba Satellite P105-S9722 Laptop

Windows XP SP2

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

2 GB DDR2 SDRAM

4200 RPM Hard Drive

Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS with 256 MB GDDR3 SDRAM

Anti Aliasing set to 2x under the Nvidia settings

Anisotropic filtering set to 2x under Nvidia settings

Display 1280 x 960

Vertical Sync to OFF

3D Model Quality and Texture set to BEST

AntiAlias/Multisample to ON

The mouse view/movement can be a little slow at times, but not that bad.

I did install the Windows Duo Core Patch, but it didn't really seem to make any difference.

I have played the training campaign and several battles so far. I particularly enjoyed the Al Amarah scenario by George McEwan. Watching an Abrams tank blast away at the front of an apartment building with its main gun until it caused structual failure was unreal, let alone the fact that three "combatants" on the back balcony, were laying lifeless in the rubble.

[ August 06, 2007, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Chops ]

Count me in I love this game. I got CMBO when it first came out and it had some of the same problems that CMSF has, but Battlefront keep on coming out with a new patch evey 3 to 4 weeks (or it felt like that) until the game was and is GREAT!! I had CMBO on my pc for about 2yrs. Now how many games have you played that stayed on your PC for 2yrs. I know give them some time and CBSF will be there also. GREAT WORK Battlefront.

the best game company out!!!