Choppers?

Don't waste your breath. No choppers. I don't have a thread link immediately handy, but BFC has pretty definitively answered this. Whinin' ain't gonna get you nowhere, this close to release, either.

To be specific, no choppers on map, visible in the game. . . or any other aircraft, for that matter.

I don't know if Attack Helicopters will be abstractly reprsented as Air Support, as fixed wing assets are. I hope yes, but I don't recall of the top of my head whether BFC has said anything definitive about this.

Sorry to dissppoint you,

YD

No choppers, but I believe I read somewhere air support is modeled along with off map artillery.

I would never say never with BFC on choppers though. If there was a way I am sure they would do it, but I would think with water tiles taking a month or more to do and are not in the game, choppers would take quite a bit of time considering BFC's attention to real world physics. But with Strykers not being inheriantly dependant on helos for anything dont think it is a big deal. I suspect people are going to flip as the Syrians are wiping the floor with you when we finally get the game in any case and you may not notice silly choppers not being modeled. smile.gif

I would LOVE to have aircraft wreck 'flavor objects' . But I don't think I'd like three extra week delay for it to get researched, modeled & skinned for insertion into the game! We probably shouldn't expect the initial release to have ALL our heart's desires included. But we'll save that hope for the first module :D;)

Misereor - I did a scenario on the Ia Drang - X Ray specifically- using just CMBO once. ARA was modeled using crack 82mm FOs with 192 rounds. Gives 45 second response time to multiple small airbursts in the tree canopy. Lift was just reinforcements arriving in the middle on the open LZs at timed intervals. Should be a lot easier with CMSF...

Originally posted by JasonC:

Misereor - I did a scenario on the Ia Drang - X Ray specifically- using just CMBO once. ARA was modeled using crack 82mm FOs with 192 rounds. Gives 45 second response time to multiple small airbursts in the tree canopy. Lift was just reinforcements arriving in the middle on the open LZs at timed intervals. Should be a lot easier with CMSF...

Aerial Rocket Artillery?

You wouldn't happen to have the file lying around still, would you? smile.gif