Operations - The Guys on the Second Floor

FFE

After an operation battle ends and during the setup phase for the next battle, all the poor saps who were in the 2nd story of a structure at the end of the previous battle are dislocated to the ground level and not usually placed back in the structure!

This isn't a big deal if a player can re-position assets in the area, but sometimes the area becomes enemy controlled which leads a tactical withdraw of your men who happen to be having tea on a local public thoroughfare...

I thought I stated somewhere else that Ops are out, Campaigns are in. But in case I didn't, I just did :D

And yeah... when the occasional cry baby comes onto this Forum and complains about the overt American bias found here, I think to myself "well, if Finns, Canadians, and Aussies are considered Americans... the chump might have a point"!

Steve

Heck, Maine might as well be part of Canada anyway
We say the opposite thing about... well, all of Canada :D Seriously though, if Maine became a part of Canada then the French provinces would be surrounded by English provinces. If you think they are a bit touchy sometimes about their status within Canada, just imagine how worse that would make things! On the bright side, all Maine would be forced to adopt Canadian pricing using the Candian Dollar. Yet my paycheck would still be in USD. Oh, and then I could get all the Unibroue beer products I want instead of the few that are licensed in the US. It's sooooo tempting, but I think most Mainers would pass. They don't even like being a part of the US, and they definitely think the US government is better than Canada's :D

Steve

Steve, always with the politics !

This is a civil forum go to the gyrene one with all your Canadian hostilities tongue.gif .

Oh, just kidding by the way...

And yeah... when the occasional cry baby comes onto this Forum and complains about the overt American bias found here, I think to myself "well, if Finns, Canadians, and Aussies are considered Americans... the chump might have a point"!

What about Swedes ?

We are as Americanised as you'll get !

//Salkin

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I thought I stated somewhere else that Ops are out, Campaigns are in. But in case I didn't, I just did :D

Steve

like this?

Campaign?

CMx2 will not, at least at first, have some sort of "meta-campaign" system. By that I [mean] something that would allow multiple people to do campaigns and have their results somehow matter. I am also not talking about campaigns where larger issues, which take place outside of the battle, somehow have an affect on the next tactical battle. Maybe someday, but not with the first release and perhaps not even with the second.

Instead the campaign will be somewhere inbetween a meta-campaign and CMx1's Operations. It will also be more focused and far more "story" oriented (i.e. giving meaning to the battles you fight instead of just fighting). More on this at a later date. Just didn't want you guys having your imagining going wild and then being disapointed when we outline how it works.

Quick Battles and premade scenarios will of course remain a part of CMx2, but the story driven campaign will likey be the primary way the majority of people play the game.

But basically, you will have a bunch of units and you will play a bunch of battles with them. Some will float in and out, others will pretty much be with you the whole time. The timeframe is small enough that it is realistic, so don't be expecting a Steel Panthers or Pazer General style "what did you do in the war, daddy?" type campaign that goes from the start of the war to the end. That just isn't what CM is about.

The campaign will also be semi-dynamic. Meaning, you can not decide "I want to do this based on that" for your next battle, but depending on circumstances you do you might get sidetracked before moving on.That's all for now.

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

[engage annoying pedantic mode]

Looks like it's time to point out that we Canadians are Americans, just like all the denizens of the Americas; North, Central & South.

[end annoying pedantic mode]

Shall we refer to you as the Candian States of America from now on?

Canadian Provinces of America, you oik ;)

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

[engage annoying pedantic mode]

Looks like it's time to point out that we Canadians are Americans, just like all the denizens of the Americas; North, Central & South.

[end annoying pedantic mode]

Shall we refer to you as the Candian States of America from now on? </font>

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

You can get Unibroue beers in the States?

Fin du Monde once made me think I was a lumberjack.

I eventually got better, but not after insulting three spruce trees and a maple.

(Those trees think their so tough!)

Unibrow Beer? Is that something Madmatt brews?

*leaves on forum sabbatical for two months*

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I eventually got better, but not after insulting three spruce trees and a maple.

(Those trees think their so tough!)

Unibrow Beer? Is that something Madmatt brews?

*leaves on forum sabbatical for two months* </font>

La Fin du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, Blanche de Chambly, and Don de Dieu are the staples that are exported. Then there are a couple of seasonals that can be got, such as Ephemere.

It might make you chuckle to know that I had a 6 liter bottle of La Fin du Monde. It was a gift and, if I understand it correctly, the only one in the US. Only a few were made and the bottle itself cost $90. And yes, it is empty now :D

Oh, and I have access to kegs too. Life can be grand sometimes.

I'm sure they forgave you once they figured out what you had been drinking smile.gif

Steve