Add on Mods

I know this is probably to early to start posting about but I have been very interested in alot of the info from other threads about the add on mods for CMSF.

I understand all the focus on Blue force but lets think about the red force also!! Will we have a genaric 3rd world "gorilla force"? Where are the Marines sent into and for what? Most of there operations outside of OIF have been "small scale" operations in 3rd world countries to secure US interest such as securing evacuations of embassys and US nationals. I would love to see this modeled in the game. It doesn't look that hard to code with the new victory conditions. Blue player has to secure Embassy and keep civilian casualtys to minimum as they are evacuated by air...

Steve is there going to be airmobile operations in here?

I know it doesn't have a lot of relivance to the strykers but would be fun to have!!! Correct me if I am wrong but the Brits use alot of airmobile forces don't they? I have been drooling over the posibilitys this game is going to present as I am a huge fan of modern wargames!!

"The last word I remember is that there are no airmobile operations planned for CMSF."

With recent events in Iraq any heliborne troops would most probably make a point to set down well outside of combat range - which means either off any reasonable size CM map (outside hvy mg/rocket range) or before the opponents come into contact (airlifted in at midnight for a battle at 4am). Either way, "Blackhawk Down"-style incursions directly into a battle area have gone out of fashion. The closest we'll be able to do will probably be reinforcements appearing at unexpected corners of the map claiming to have been heli-lifted into a nearby off-map spot. For Syrian airborne the assumption is their air assets would've all been taken out on the first day.

Oh, and another thing - how often do Stryker Brigade troopers get airlifted anywhere anyway? ;)

[ April 07, 2007, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I was thinking about the add on mods especialy for the Marines that it would be a great add on. I would agre with you that in a stand up tactical battle like they are portraying in CMSF it wouldn't make alot of sense. I was thinking more about missions like Liberia or Somalia where the Marines came ashore to evacuate civilians out to sea. I don't think there have been any major "fire fights" because none of the "rebals" had the guts to shoot at the marines but I remember reading about an incident were a sniper took out a "rebal" walking to close to an embassy with an ak in his hands. I think it was in one of Tom Clancy's nonfiction books about the Marines. I used to play alot of steel panthers 2 and 3 and try my hand at these type of scenarios but they were almost imposible to model acuratly with the AI. This seems like the perfect medium to play test alot of this type of scenario. Maybe I am hopeing for to much but PLEASE Steve if you can I would be one of the first in line for an add on like this smile.gif

The word is guerilla, not gorilla, unless you want to see lots of large fury apes running around in CM:SF!
That might be interesting... I don't think I would feel right about killing them though...

I apoligize for my spelling it is horrible on the best of days, The worst part is English is my first and only language :(

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zwinship:

Will we have a genaric 3rd world "gorilla force"?

That would be awesome. The total lack of gorillas in previous Combat Mission games has always been a great disappointment for me. </font>

Splinty... have you been driking the local water without iodine tablets again?!? Heston, of course!!

The Planet of the Apes remake was one of the worst...(rant stopped before it got too far along). Let's just say that Tim Burton should be lucky that my State's Attorney General didn't take my pettition to have Mr. Burton be drawn and quartered seriously. Contrary to what he said, this is absolutely in the people's best interests. He could try to remake the other 4 films, afterall. And THEN it would be too late. I'm just trying to be proactive since there is too much at stake here.

Steve

P.S. Well, it would be OK to let Burton redo Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. No way could anybody make something worse

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zwinship:

Will we have a genaric 3rd world "gorilla force"?

That would be awesome. The total lack of gorillas in previous Combat Mission games has always been a great disappointment for me. </font>