Has anyone else every seen a Javelin friendly fire accident?

I was playing a night time scenario and I fired a Javelin in the dark out at a BMP (maybe ~400-600m distant?) and it went out and sort of did a big loop and a curl and a sort of "hmm which way should I go?", fish tail move (looked very organic like a shark swimming) then swooped back down back toward the launcher and then swerved over to the left slightly (it was the most amazing Javelin flight path I have ever seen) and it came in and did not do a top attack (IIRC) but flew straight on into a near-by Stryker. (Ka BOOM!)

It looked like it was about to do a top down attack on the intended target, but I think the target was moving (I have seen javelins hit moving targets before so that's no problem) and it was dark so it looked like it really got confused and disoriented and did not just fly away off the map, it somehow automatically re-acquired (as the new intended target), the near-by Stryker and destroyed it and most of the near-by dismounted squad. The KO'd Stryker was about 100-200m (guessing) to the left of the launcher.

I have never seen anything like it, but it did look like a completely realistic (but unintended) flight path, it was smooth and steady and appeared to be under control of a clever internal guidance mechanism throughout the entire flight.

The aerobatic maneuvers were almost breathtaking to behold.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like that?

I don't think its a bug, it happened once and it looked like something that could happen in a real life combat video maybe seen on YouTube or FOX: "When Javelins Go Bad" It happened in real time so I don't have a save game, but it would be nice to post and show the replay of that flight path.

I have seen the missile flying off into the distance too, but those normal failures just remind you that in combat nothing (not even the Javelin) is a %100 certainty for an accurate shot every time.

I don't think they miss or fly off at an unusually high, or unrealistically high rate of failure IMHO. smile.gif