Some CMx1 things I miss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Other Means:

As in, give unit move order, give next unit "move in 20secs" order.

Use the "Pause" command found in the "Special Commands" tab. The first time you click on it, it will delay execution of the next order by 15 seconds. If you click on it twice, it will delay execution by 30 seconds, and so on up to 1:30 seconds.

(Not to be confused with the "Pause" "Instant Command" which is above the regular tabbed commands and looks like a cancel sign and is next to the octagon stop sign. That "Pause" will stop all command execution until you click it again directly.)

Originally posted by PSY:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

As in, give unit move order, give next unit "move in 20secs" order.

Use the "Pause" command found in the "Special Commands" tab. The first time you click on it, it will delay execution of the next order by 15 seconds. If you click on it twice, it will delay execution by 30 seconds, and so on up to 1:30 seconds.

(Not to be confused with the "Pause" "Instant Command" which is above the regular tabbed commands and looks like a cancel sign and is next to the octagon stop sign. That "Pause" will stop all command execution until you click it again directly.) </font>

Adjustable waypoints. That's something that really hurts!

Mod-able sounds. The sounds are genrally good, but I really need to replace the music, espcially the on with the female background singer (I suspect it's Madmatt?)

Another thing I'm coming to miss...

I miss being able to give a pause to the orders I issue my units while playing WeGo. Instead they always execute the orders as soon as the turn starts. Sometimes though I don't want my unit to move until later on during the turn.

Something else to consider adding in during a later patch. smile.gif

Already mentioned above but rather than clutter up the place with new threads, I just second (twelfth?) the following wishes:

-Adjustable waypoints

-Right-click menus

-Easier chaining for dismount and facing

-User-interface - tabbed menus are counter-intuitive

-Indicator of "killed" individuals in squad lists (red-weapon icon as suggested above would be ideal)

-Who killed whom lists/unit stats.

-Penetration message tags (on/off toggle)

-Better keyboard scrolling (i.e. no speed delay)

Originally posted by Lio:

I think some of you are still missing the point about the how the turns are calcualting. You cant fast forward a turn simply becouse it havent been calculated yet. In CMSF this happens in real time. where as if i have understood it correctly in CMx1 the turn was compiled and you then saw a playback of the turn. In CMSF its not a playback the first time through, its the actual turn. There is no compiling its realtime.

<font size=22>EXACTLY</FONT>

You got two choices.

a) watch blue bar running from left to right

B) watch turn without ability to fast forward

I'll take the turn over the blue bar any day.

The orange lines for covering arcs. The current looks like a giant searchlight and is graphically overpowering and ugly. I also miss the use of using the arc commands along with shift and control to quickly set max range or equal area. I think the face command when given at the beginning of a move should rotate the guns in the direction ordered. This would be a quick way of giving a general covering arc command especially when playing in real time.

I do like how you can now click on a communication icon to automatically jump to the command unit, and how you can click on a unit under the command to jump to a subordinate unit, but I miss the command lines emitting from the command unit.

I know it has been requested many times for adjustable waypoints, but how about a little larger “tip” for the end of the waypoint chain. I am finding it hard to click on it being so tiny from further way to issue facing commands at the end.

Now that I understand the combining of the line of sight tool with the target order I think this was logical choice by the developers. I do miss how the line of sight tool in CMAK told you what you were looking at at it’s tip (woods, Hellcat, ect..) Perhaps this will be included in. The current “area target” is not as informative. If the requested info was added we should assume that anything that is not an enemy is an area target.

Definitive terrain “tiles” such as rough, rocky, ect… I would like to definitively know what type of terrain the units are in. Currently I put my troops in what I think is “rocky” terrain, but I do not know for sure if it is giving and cover concealment bonuses. I miss how this information was included in the UI. So far from what I have played in the demo it looks like there is nothing but open ground. A few scattered trees, but do they really offer any cover?

I liked the different command bonuses and icons (lightning bolt, star, ect..) from CMAK. I know it might have been a bit “gamey”, but it worked and it was easier to follow.

Yes, I miss the unique commands for each action. Placing K for hunt and K for bailout has been particualary annoying. I suddenly watch my stryker crew leave and then the squad gets mauled. I think there are only 18-20 commands for each unit so please put in individual commands for each action.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lio:

I think some of you are still missing the point about the how the turns are calcualting. You cant fast forward a turn simply becouse it havent been calculated yet. In CMSF this happens in real time. where as if i have understood it correctly in CMx1 the turn was compiled and you then saw a playback of the turn. In CMSF its not a playback the first time through, its the actual turn. There is no compiling its realtime.

<font size=22>EXACTLY</FONT>

You got two choices.

a) watch blue bar running from left to right

B) watch turn without ability to fast forward

I'll take the turn over the blue bar any day. </font>

OK numskull so highlighting it in red is going to achieve what? Try all caps next time, maybe that will work. Sheesh.

For those uneventful turns maybe an "ASAP" option. ie it runs faster than real-time, as fast as the CPU can manage.

Would it be possible to change from RT to WeGo mid campaign? A designer could recommend the small engadgments be played RT, the big, WeGo.