Wargamers of all countries unite: WargamerScout now open to public!

A while ago I asked on this forum for a good place to find PBEM opponents, but unfortunatly my question was left unanswered. So I thought it's time to create such a place, and here it is: WargamerScout!

WargamerScout is an (as I hope) easy to use online database, where wargamers can post or take up challenges. For those of you who don't like ladders and leagues: WargamerScout is NOT a ladder. And for those of you who love playing exclusivly on a ladder: I really don't see a problem, just mention it when you post your challenge.

WargamerScout is not an exclusiv CMSF database, indeed it can (in theory) support all wargames that allow H2H-matches. For now, all CM titles and the old Campaign Series games are supported.

The site has also a basic forum for general issues and as a place to meet (thanks for the idea, David ;) ).

Beside that, there are no bells and whistles so far, but I really want to get this thing started now :cool: .

I hope you find this site usefull.

Let the games begin! smile.gif

Abbott, if you shouldn't have received the confirmation email yet, than it's likely that you have entered a wrong email address or more likely the email has been caught somewhere by an antispam measure. You should check the spam folder on your PC or at your email provider, if this ain't help let me know!

Originally posted by Scipio:

Abbott, if you shouldn't have received the confirmation email yet, than it's likely that you have entered a wrong email address or more likely the email has been caught somewhere by an antispam measure. You should check the spam folder on your PC or at your email provider, if this ain't help let me know!

Yeah, I am betting it's caught up in my ISP's spam filter, it will show up.

Thanks for doing this Scipio:

I've signed up and encourage ALL forum members to support this site. The Very best wargaming experiences I have had are When playing against a fellow Wargamer. If you haven't then it's time you gave it a whirl

Originally posted by slug88:

Sivodsi, it took a little while, but I finally recieved your message. I guess it will be our honor to play the first match of the hopefully long and prosperous existance of WargamerScout!

Slug, I have to excuse for the delay, this was a children desease; that's also why there was no message added from Sivodsi. I found and solved the problem!

Folks, I'm very pleased that you like my site! smile.gif

MMM the site seems to be down ATM (It did display correctly about 1 hour ago), actually your DNS is pretty shot up:

C:\Documents and Settings\Maarten>tracert wargamerscout.net

"Unable to resolve target system name wargamerscout.net." :(

Good luck

Scipio, that wasn't the case. Anyway I tried it some time later and it did work again.

(my profession lies in hosting business so i'm quite sure it was completely down ;) )

It looked like your zonefile did dissapear in the nameservers.

Anyway, great site!

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump (this really should be stickied, actually). Also, Scipio, I think it would be nice if closed challenges remained visible when searching for battles, just to give a sense of how msny people are using the site. At the moment, with only one open challenge visible, the CMSF section looks utterly dead (which I strongly hope is not the case). Furthermore, a link to the challenge listings from the corresponding Supported Games pages would enhance navigability.

[ June 24, 2008, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: slug88 ]

• 3 weeks later...

Frenchy, in some cases your email provider can use a 'grey list' antispam measure that asks in simple words for perfectly configured mail servers on both sides and/or uses a kind of 'black list/white list'. Unfortunatly there's not much that I could do in this case, I can only suggest to create an email account at a free email provider such as Gmail which is not known to cause any problems so far.

Anyway, I have switched your account manually to 'confirmed', so you can now log in - but a working email-account is still a must!

Of course, in some cases the email is simply lost...I guess I should add a simple check to proof if members can receive emails from the site *make a note on my to-do list*