ATGM teams not deploying / BMPs

MiB

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was playing in a village defensive engagement as Syrians, and the whole time until it was killed (15 minutes) my ATGM team NEVER deployed its weapon. I could tell it to attack something, cancel the order, etc., and it never would deploy. I couldn't manually do it, either.

What could possibly be the problem?'

Also: BMPs. Is there any word on why they use HE instead of AP ammo at close range vs Strykers? I would have thought their long 30mm cannons would be able to penetrate - after all, the HE does on occasion too!

Before jumping to conclusions maybe some more info as to the situation might help work out whether this is a bug or an intended action?

What game version?

Scenario or QB? If scenario which one?

Location of ATGM team?

Distance to target?

Then we can have some facts to work out what is going on smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

The AI appears to have more faith in its HE than we do. Stryker's only designed to stand up to HMG from 50mm or so. So in theory anything thrown at it in a 30mm shell should wreck the vehicle outright. One supposes the first burst smashes the MEXAS tiles the second burst cuts through.

Depending on the missile type you sometimes need a looooong standoff range due to the minimum engagement range. AT-3 for instance doesn't seem to like shooting anything inside of 2-300m due to difficulties initially steering the missile onto its flight path. I find AT-3 to have about 0 utility in-city. Later design missiles have MUCH shorter minimum engagement ranges. And a dumb question, your missiles were properly 'deployed', right? :rolleyes:

It was the latest version, on a roof. The first opinions cited seem to be correct; ATGM teams won't deploy in buildings. Fear of backblast, perhaps? But that does not make sense on a roof.

Perhaps its impossible to say "You can deploy on a roof but not anywhere not on the roof" without a lot of hacking.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

The AI appears to have more faith in its HE than we do. Stryker's only designed to stand up to HMG from 50mm or so. So in theory anything thrown at it in a 30mm shell should wreck the vehicle outright. One supposes the first burst smashes the MEXAS tiles the second burst cuts through.

I am talking about Strykers taking 4+ bursts from the cannon firing HE without being disabled, the stryker calmly turning around and annihilating the BMP.

This is absolutely unacceptable in many engagements, but I'm stuck with that behavior. Can someone at BF please fix this? Please? BMPs already die to anything stronger than a rifle, it'd be nice if they had some punch to go with that as opposed to just being generally useless, minus a lucky shot.

here i allready started a discussion about deploying a weapon on/in roofs/houses.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000030

in all tests i did so far i could "only" deploy the US MG team on a "flat roof". i could not deploy anythng else on any roof(after setup phase!).

slowmotion noticed that you can more or less "safe", possition deployable weapons, deployed, on and in houses in setup phase. sometimes they will get stuck into the scenario, or at least i and he observed that.

i tested all in all with; US MG team, syrian MG team, DHsK team, AGS17 team.

in this special case with an ATGM i can surely understand why they dont "want" to fire from inside, but i see absolutely no reason that they cant deploy on flat and low walled roofs as everything "should" be able.

in the "normandie" scenario of the campain i saw a SPG-9 on a low walled roof, i guess michael dorsch placed it there in setup phase but i guess it cant deploy up there too when you move them up there deployed when creating the scenario.