Freakin Sweet!

Speaking as one of the "more intersted in WWII" types, I still think the first release looks like it will be a great game.

The logic of doing the first game modern, with all more complex weapons and communications modeling needs, makes a lot of sense to me -- I definitely buy the idea that it would be easier to take a modern game, and scale the technology back to WWII, than the other way around.

And, while I like the WWII historical background, most important to me is that it presents an interesting tactical challenge. While Shermans and T-34s vs. Tigers might be my first choice, Space Lobsters vs. Cosmic Crabs, or T-72s vs. M1A1s are both fine with me. . .

Furthermore, as a consolation to all us WWII nuts, this means that the new game engine will have the major kinks worked out of it before they return to WWII, so the game should REALLY kick @ss by then. IMHO, while CMBO was good, the first engine didn't really realize it's potential until CMBB. I wouldn't be surprised if the same weren't the case with the X2 engine.

And yeah, I think the screenies look very good, esp. for this stage of game development.

Cheers,

YD

This is not to say that I will not buy it but I am dissappointed that it will be American vs. M Eastern forces. When I saw NATO I thought that I might be able to play something other than Americans but after the comment about possibly no additional modules, I think I might have no choice.

I realise that creating this takes hard work and dedication and I applaude BFC for putting this effort in (I love their CMBB game) but after seeing so many companies promise a product and then either delaying it out of existance or going out of business, I am weary of always waiting for the subject matter that I am most interested in, including Korea, Eastern Front, Finnish front or Italy. These never seem to materialize except with the odd exception (that exception being BFC).

All I can say is that I will continue to support you as a company because you do great work but in the future I hope you move away from the same old generic Americans vs the world theme and try something fresh and exciting again. Having seen your track record, I know that you can do it on occasion.

Now that I have gotten that out of my system, I am eagerly awaiting the latest screen shots and updates about what it will cover. Even in alpha, the screens looked great. I can only imagine what the PzVD will look like someday facing off against a T34/85.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed.