WeGo Turns

huhr

Poor you!... they doesn't seem interested in any work on WEGO.

Lots of post about WEGO, and still no official reply. They try to force the Realtime gameplay style... which it's really bad, but they are doing it already.

You miss the blue bar... and that masterpiece is "ignored" in CMSF because they discarded WEGO and placed a fake feature based on realtime paused automatically each 60 seconds. There isn't true WEGO in this game anymore, sorry!.

6hcn3gw.jpg

I dunno, it gives me something to look at while I would've been looking at a blue bar taking eons, millenia, and several minutes (many inches on the sun dial). And it saves me time, in that most of the turns I don't even need to watch the replay segment and can skip it altogether.

i agree with trupp and noobie I liked the old system and this is the second game I bought off battlefront before the bugs were corrected. I bought theatre of war and thats for sale and this one is better. I just hope they support it, I am surprised they dont pick up these things before release. What kind of beta testers do they have? Did they ever play these games and ask the community what they want. It seems some of the complaints and requests are so basic about gameplay and how did they mish this stuff?

I played about 4 missions into the campaign in RT and then went back and started again in WEGO. My enjoyment of the game doubled immediately, now I can savour the nice graphics,zoom in on an enemy tank as a Javelin hits it, get in the trenches with the enemy during an arty strike etc.

I can do this without having to worry about what's happening elsewhere on the battlefield, this is what attracted me to CMBO years ago and

for me WEGO still is the heart and soul of CM.

What on earth the difference between a blue bar going for a minute or a movie going for a minute is... is beyond me.

I guess that's why BTS is ignoring all this "we don't have WEGO" nonsense.

The hilarous that on one hand people are saying "bring back the blue bar, because it would go faster" and on the other hand they are saying "allow more time for calculation than one minute because we want better TacAI"

Geez - make up your mind! Complain about somethign that make sense ... there are plenty of things to choose from. Inanely saying "we don't have WeGo" is just ... inane.

GaJ

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

What on earth the difference between a blue bar going for a minute or a movie going for a minute is... is beyond me.

You don't get it. Cid250 thinks he were a computer expert. and now he believes, that the AI would be better, if there were no graphics to display when the AI had finished it's calculations. tongue.gif

I guess the only one capable to help him, after things were explained from different sides to him already, including Steve, is a good doctor.

Forget the blue bar. It isn't about the blue bar. (perhaps is is being used as a symbol for WEGO games - who knows). It also has nothing to do with the AI or calculations either. If the AI/calculation were a problem how can the game support a WEGO one player format? eh, eh?

It is about a turned based 2 player format and that is it. So stop muddying the water.

I am sure Battelfront will sort it out. There is such a buzz about this that a quick patch will cause a wave of satisfaction and glee across the whole CM community. I can almost feel the excitement of anticipation at the thought of the announcement that it is going to happen. I think (hope) we just need to be patient.

I like the game and I hope they work on the wego system in only that they allow you to start your replay of the turn with the fast forward capability right away. I also liked the method of line of sight in previous games. I find the rts method of play is a lot quicker in the game but you have to use the pause button a lot to actually play