MikeyD Simple, Effective Horizon Mod

MikeyD

This simple mod duplicates an old mod I had done for CMAK a few years ago.

The default CMSF hills looked a bit high for my tastes. So I reduced the height by half. The affect is to appear to push the horizon farther back. This was much-needed for those huge claustrophobic CMAK hills, it does a pretty good job on the CMSF hills too.

This mod affects all horizon types in the game: Dawn, dusk, day, haze, thick haze, overcast. Oh yeh, smaller hills, means sunrise comes a couple minutes early in the game smile.gif

At our favorite site:

www.cmmods.com

HalfHeightHorizon.jpg

[ February 13, 2008, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Other Means:

Coolio.

Is it possible to have them *start* lower - I see a lot of the table now up around level 4 or higher.

Good job though.

I sugested this a while ago, sort of like having the map in a tall tube type of thing, along with maybe mapping a dedicated texture to the "tabletop".

Also cool would be having a near horizon texture and a far horizon texture with buildings and palms and stuff.

Imagine a hi-res google earth satellite image under there. Would be cool, same game effect, but much nicer immersion.