Chechen ambush video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX58H1urLak

looks like the Syrians might stand a chance against American Stryker convoys. But there are 2 problems, Russians aren't considered as organized and well trained as the US (whats a single BMP doing out on its own?), plus, im not sure how much forest or jungle (or any type of terrain thats good for concealment for that matter) actually covers Syria.

Actually there is quite a bit of such terrain in Syria, particually as you head west. That being said urban areas would probably be even worse for such ambushes. This one looks to be by an RPG I guess.

Just a word of warning to others...some of those other videos are rather graphic. I certainly wouldnt want to be in Iraq in a humvee if I could avoid it.

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

Looks to me like the marksmanship was about as good as the camera work.

Which is about as good as their vehicle ID skills. That sure looks like a BTR (probably a BTR-80), not a BMP. After having taken a screenshot and increased the image size, I'm certain that it's got tires, not tracks.

lemme see if i can translate this, okay, the part that shows the bearded guy says "Amir Haiyroolya (thats how it sounds, probably spelled wrong) - June 29th, 2006 - destroyed 2 BMPs and 12 Kaferov(not sure what the last word means, sorry, lil rusty on my Russian).

ya, it does seem like a BTR, but i wasn't really paying attention and i saw letters "BMP" in the beginning, so i just assumed...

btw, the part where the guy screams in the middle after the BTR was hit roughly translates into, "This is how we will slaughter you, Allah Ackbar!" in case anyone wanted to know.

Kwazydog wrote:

Just a word of warning to others...some of those other videos are rather graphic. I certainly wouldnt want to be in Iraq in a humvee if I could avoid it.
Indeed. I'm wondering how most of those other videos mentioned Kavkaz-center distributes (=terrorists themselves) are O.K by anyone's standards. Head choppings and so.

Maybe these links shouldn't be allowed, unless some credible news organization choses to show them for some anti-war reason... Dunno.

Originally posted by Homo ferricus:

lemme see if i can translate this, okay, the part that shows the bearded guy says "Amir Haiyroolya (thats how it sounds, probably spelled wrong) - June 29th, 2006 - destroyed 2 BMPs and 12 Kaferov(not sure what the last word means, sorry, lil rusty on my Russian).

If i'm not mistaking, Kaferov is some kind of a mix between Arabic and Russian.

It might mean "Infidels", Because in Arabic Kufar mean infidels.

BTW, anyone has any clue why all these terrorists video are shot in such low quality and talent? how hard is it to hold a camera straight? It's not like the guy with the camera is taking an active part in the ambush.

Oren_m

SSgt Viljuri, the fancy logos you see on those videos are from the terrorist organizations themselves. They might suck at camera work, but their post production skills are quite good. This has been one of the problems with the Internet and low cost technology in this battle against terrorists. They have access to the same propaganda tools as everybody else, and as everybody knows... death sells :(

Steve

SSgt Viljuri, the fancy logos you see on those videos are from the terrorist organizations themselves. They might suck at camera work, but their post production skills are quite good. This has been one of the problems with the Internet and low cost technology in this battle against terrorists. They have access to the same propaganda tools as everybody else, and as everybody knows... death sells :(

Steve

Then its's a good thing that God is on their side.

Allah may be great, but the rag head spray is evident even in the Chechen attacks. I guess if you plan to be a martyr, you dont worry about shooting straight, whether if it is with an AK or a video camera.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Then its's a good thing that God is on their side.

Allah may be great, but the rag head spray is evident even in the Chechen attacks. I guess if you plan to be a martyr, you dont worry about shooting straight, whether if it is with an AK or a video camera.

Allah will guide their bullets, but "raghead" is hardly necessary, don't you think?

When they come to Fort Worth, and blow something up there, you can be nice to them.

Who exactly is them? The Sikhs? Those damned peace loving Indians! Those bastards bombed the WTC you know!!!

Oh what? It was a group of fundementalist Muslim militants?

Damned Muslims! All they do is kill people. Not like the peace loving Jews and Christians. And there's only 1.4 Billion of them in the world! Such a small group is easy to generalise about! (You know they are all terrorists, they want to destory the west and put a Burka on my wife!)

...reality check...

When Iraq invaded Kuwait and George Bush (the smart one) sent American troops to secure the Oil in Saudi Arabia, it pissed off Osama Bin Laden (who wanted to be the saviour of Saudi Arabia with his Mujahideen) so badly that he said a bunch of things that he shouldn't have and got himself kicked out of Saudi Arabia.

The continuing presence of the US military on sacred soil is a big problem for Osama and other extremists in the region. Oh there are a billion other factors behind the current mess we're in, but this is a biggie.

I don't know how many people wear headgear in the world. I would think it would be in the region of 1 to 2 Billion. That's an awfully broad paintbrush to use. Either that or a really flucking narrow mind.

So kindly piss off with the ignorance and hate.

And read a book for Chirst's sake!

You are the one making the generalizations, I never mentioned Sikhs, or any other group, you made the interpretation because that is what you wanted to think.

I can hate if I want to, it is my right...so don't tell me who to be angry with...

J Ruddy wrote:

The continuing presence of the US military on sacred soil is a big problem for Osama and other extremists in the region. Oh there are a billion other factors behind the current mess we're in, but this is a biggie.
The first sentence is quite childish in many ways, even if true. (hint: it's not)

The purpose of your post is good, but arguments require more attention.

You are the one making the generalizations, I never mentioned Sikhs, or any other group, you made the interpretation because that is what you wanted to think.

I can hate if I want to, it is my right...so don't tell me who to be angry with...

I'm sorry, I assumed the term rag-head would insult all head gear wearing peoples, not just the ones you hate.

(!)

[ August 22, 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: J Ruddy ]

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

J Ruddy wrote: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> The continuing presence of the US military on sacred soil is a big problem for Osama and other extremists in the region. Oh there are a billion other factors behind the current mess we're in, but this is a biggie.

The first sentence is quite childish in many ways, even if true. (hint: it's not)

The purpose of your post is good, but arguments require more attention. </font>

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

I'm sorry, I assumed the term rag-head would insult all head gear wearing peoples, not just the ones you hate.

(!) </font>