Peng Challenges Joe Shaw to Present the Next Podcast!

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

HAH! You see lads, there IS someone older than me on this thread! 60! Why he's ancient, I won't hit sixty for ... years yet.

Do the "..." mean we have to guess here? If so what do we win? Maybe some kind of fancy title would be in order. I say -6.

Oh and a happy birthday to everyone who needs happy birthdaying.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

juan_gigante, you have restored my faith in you lad and showed again your promise as a member of the Justicariate. It's that kind of obsessive, compulsive, anal retentive attention to detail that MAKES a good member of the Justicariate.

Now you need to attend to your duties more often ... otherwise I have to work with Boo Radley and he doesn't give a damn how many scoops he puts in the coffee machine.

Joe

I got news for you Joe, I'm not even sure that's coffee I'm putting into the coffee machine. All I know is that it's dark and granular. It could be topsoil. That might explain the rich, peaty flavour.

Well, at least when we offer someone a "cup of mud"... we're not lying.

Oh, and my bet is that you're 4 years away from the magical number, where your age and I.Q. will finally match.

And a happy belated birthday to my former Squire, Sir Nidan. Remember, you're not getting older... well, yes you are. Never mind.

Happy birthday NG cavscout! I've never met anyone who gave gifts on their birthday. Are you picking up some new customs while over there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belated birthday wishes to you Nidan1.

Originally posted by Bugged:

Happy birthday NG cavscout! I've never met anyone who gave gifts on their birthday. Are you picking up some new customs while over there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belated birthday wishes to you Nidan1.

Lady Bugged ... I have been recalcified in my duties ... rectified? ... anyway, I need a photo of you for the website. Yes, yes, there's the one in the profile but you have a helmet on and that just won't do for a redhead.

While I'd applaud the choice of a helmet in the case of, for example, rune, in YOUR case it simply won't do. PHOTO please.

As to the rest, I see you're in Canada ... that's okay IN YOUR CASE, my wife is a redhead who was born in Canada.

Joe

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Cav

The good news is the lappitytop arrived yesterday and I am working diligently to repair it. The bad news is I am scrambling to find a copy of XP Home (bleah!} from which to extract the needed files. Seems the infernal machine is unhappy with the Pro version of hal.dll.

If it all looks like its going to hell we will punt and upgrade you to Pro without, we hope, killing any of your personal stuff in the process. That is starting to seem like the path of least resistance. But considering the thing has gone from complete boot failure to it boots but the mouse and keyboard don't work, I'd say I'm making some fairly decent progress in 20 minutes I've been flogging the bastard. It's quite possible I'll have the bugger ready to ship by this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Uh, nice screen saver slideshow by the way... What are those guns your UK pals are carrying?

Oh, yeah. Happy Birfday.

That is great news, thanks. And as for the slide show, well, yeah, ummm, ok.

lol, well, it can get boring over here, and there aren't alot of women to look at, so.... well, there you go, and if you notice there are other pictures in there also.

I am pretty sure the Brits are carrying L85's, I would have to see which picture you are talking about to be sure. If I had known someone was going to be looking at my slideshow, I would of taken the "Hot Girls" folder out.

Do you have any idea what went wrong? Was it a virus? Is it a hardware problem? The environment over here can be hard on electronics.

Two-Stroke

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at our Aussie friends. This story cracked me up...

Friday, April 28, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia - A 14 1/2-foot crocodile mauled a chainsaw a worker was using Friday to clear up debris left by a tropical storm that lashed northern Australia. While the croc and worker were both uninjured, the saw's woodcutting days are over.

Freddy Buckland was cutting up a tree that fell against a crocodile enclosure at the Corroboree Park Tavern, 50 miles east of the northern port city of Darwin when the crocodile, called Brutus, apparently took exception to the chainsaw's noise and attacked.

"As he was trimming up the tree on the outside the croc jumped out of the water and sped along the tree about 18, 20 feet and actually grabbed the chainsaw out of his hands," said Peter Shappert, the tavern's owner.

"It must have been the noise ... I don't think he was actually trying to grab Freddy, but I'm not sure. He had a fair go at him ... I think he just grabbed the first thing he could and it happened to be the chainsaw," Shappert added.

Neither Buckland nor Brutus were injured.

The saltwater crocodile, which Shappert said he now is considering renaming Two-stroke in honor of the saw's fuel, appeared to like the snack.

"He chewed on the chainsaw for about an hour-and-a-half, then we finally got it out," Shappert said, adding that the saw was destroyed when it finally was retrieved from Brutus' giant jaws.

Saltwater crocodiles have been known to attack small power boats, apparently because they do not like the noise of outboard motors.

It is Cinco De Mayo, it's beautiful outside, I drank beer at lunch and now I will pay for it by spending the rest of the afternoon in one boring meeting after another.

And we're talking mind-numbingly boring meetings, too.

I hate you all.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

It is Cinco De Mayo, it's beautiful outside, I drank beer at lunch and now I will pay for it by spending the rest of the afternoon in one boring meeting after another.

And we're talking mind-numbingly boring meetings, too.

...{snipped}...

So ... you're going to be running the meetings then.

Joe

Afraid I was a bit premature on the lappity happy talk.

It is looking more and more like a hardware problem. I have done all that I can think of at this point to correct it on the OS/ Software side, and it still hangs on boot. I can get in safe-mode, but have to use an external mouse and keybord to do anything, as the touchpad and keyboard do not work while in safemode.

I am afraid that at this point the best bet is to format and start from scratch. If I can't get it to work after that then we can be pretty sure its got some broken internal bits that are beyond my meagre abilities.

I know you said hose if needed, but tell me again before I run the ol fdisk and install.

Yes, by all means, hose it.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday greetings. It does suck being over here, away from the family. But, I have less than 100 days before we are scheduled to return stateside, so it will end soon. Could be worse, I could be Boo Radley...

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Yes, by all means, hose it.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday greetings. It does suck being over here, away from the family. But, I have less than 100 days before we are scheduled to return stateside, so it will end soon. Could be worse, I could be Boo Radley...

... or rune.

Joe

NG Cavscout if your name was Travis this would be appropriate

Though as you’re name isn’t Travis it probably turns out to be inappropriate… so deal with it

(note: link borrowed from CMBB forum)

PS

‘Brit basher’ my arse!

You’re playing for the right to keep your, probably undeserved, ‘Spanker of the Swedish’ title not for you to collect another one!

btw, Good news Macy, ol boy.

SYDNEY, Australia — Tax officials in Australia today issued a list of "tools of the trade" sex workers can deduct on their taxes.

Among other things, the list issued on the Internet includes adult toys, lingerie, condoms, gels and oils. But prostitutes, strippers and lap dancers can't claim fitness classes that keep them in shape. They can, however, claim the cost of dance lessons.

You're finally going to learn to dance!

Stoat you disgusting, little, teeny-bopping, toad-licking, v42below-wannabee freak!

I DEMAND that you challenge me, send me a set-up & THEN surrender on the first turn, it’d be a cheap victory I know, but what can I say… I’m desperate

Originally posted by stoat:

Happy Birthday, Cavscout.

There's nothing like saying that to someone more than twice your own age.

Jesus, Lad, how old are you...twelve?

Look, don't pay any mind to that fool Sir Sir 37mm , you know how eccentric and off kilter these English can get. Its got something to do with all those years of running an empire, now that they really have nothing to do but grow roses and drink tea....they can get a bit testy

[ May 05, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Stoat you disgusting, little, teeny-bopping, toad-licking, v42below-wannabee freak!

I DEMAND that you challenge me, send me a set-up & THEN surrender on the first turn, it’d be a cheap victory I know, but what can I say… I’m desperate

A challenge or a quick surrender. Your pick.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

Happy Birthday, Cavscout.

There's nothing like saying that to someone more than twice your own age.

Jesus, Lad, how old are you...twelve?

</font>