Units you'd like to see

Originally posted by PSY:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gibsonm:

UAV's (at least the larger "Predator" and "Global Hawke" type) and JSTARS are beyond the scope of this (certainly you could get feeds as far as a scenario brief goes but you as a Company commander aren't going to get a JSTARS assets for you own tasking).

There seem to be more small-size UAVs available now at least at the battalion level. In the 2nd campaign scenario you actually have the battalion commander present on the field, so presumably you should have access to at least some battalion-level assets. Not sure if he continues to be present in followup scenarios as I'm currently still in the midst of the 2nd scenario. </font>

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see them add separate trenches to the force pool selection (so we can't see them until they are spotted...but leaving the ones we have in the editor for terrain design, which make really nice road side ditches and the like. As it is now if you see a ditch in an out of the way place you pretty much know there are gonna be dudes squatting.

I'd also like to see some different fortified positions, like makeshift dugouts, sand bags, log stacks/wooden bunkers...though some of these would probably fit better in a WWII setting.

Mord.

Originally posted by tiny_tanker:

The Global Hawk would be fairly useless in this game as its a strategic asset and the battle will be long over before the pictures are ready to assist anyone.

But maybe Global Hawkes could work as a recon before battle so you can see the rough intelligence in briefing?

Originally posted by Ritter_85:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tiny_tanker:

The Global Hawk would be fairly useless in this game as its a strategic asset and the battle will be long over before the pictures are ready to assist anyone.

But maybe Global Hawkes could work as a recon before battle so you can see the rough intelligence in briefing? </font>

Originally posted by Tank Killer:

Well how 'bout the Poles and the PT-71 Twardy? I have yet to see one used in a game.

Come to think of it, I've never even seen the Polish in a war game that they weren't being beat by the Germans.

The Poles could be found kicking German Butt in all three of the original Combat Mission game.

I also am angered by the very obvious ommision of Space Lobsters from the game. I remember on such and such a date that Steve said that space lobsters are an essential part of a wargame. I dont think this game deserves to be called Combat Mission due to the way BF is handling the implementaion of Space Lobsters in CMx2 engine. I'm uninstalling the game and putting it on the shelf until BF can get their act together.

:mad:

:D

Originally posted by Sequoia:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tank Killer:

Well how 'bout the Poles and the PT-71 Twardy? I have yet to see one used in a game.

Come to think of it, I've never even seen the Polish in a war game that they weren't being beat by the Germans.

The Poles could be found kicking German Butt in all three of the original Combat Mission game. </font>

Originally posted by Statisoris:

I also am angered by the very obvious ommision of Space Lobsters from the game. I remember on such and such a date that Steve said that space lobsters are an essential part of a wargame. I dont think this game deserves to be called Combat Mission due to the way BF is handling the implementaion of Space Lobsters in CMx2 engine. I'm uninstalling the game and putting it on the shelf until BF can get their act together.

:mad:

:D

Well said that man! Space Lobster operational success inn both Iraq and Afghanistan has gone completely un-reported and un-recognised due to their actual lack of existence, and their being the product of fevered imagination. This certainly merits their inclusion in the game!

Originally posted by Tank Killer:

Actually it's PT-91 Twardy. This tank was included in Steel Panthers 2. It doesn't vary much from other upgraded T72s but it would be nice to have it. Together with Leopard 2 which will be avalible with German module and some Russian equipment we already have avalible its only some infantry weapons and KTO Rosomak (Patria in Polish service), and you can field Polish Army in CMSF.

[ September 21, 2007, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: TOG ]