IT. IS. IN. MY. HANDS.

Originally posted by Achim:

If the patch is essential, why can the game get this good review (8 from 8 points)?

I think a game with bugs (that the publisher wont release without the first patch), cant be perfect.

When a reviewer gets to test a beta copy, he writes from the point of view of what the final game will be like. E.g. if the developer says that now the sky looks green but in the final release it will be blue, the reviewer just ignores that bug. The worst bugs in 1.00 were related to a feature that a reviewer won't need but most buyers would sorely miss - campaigns.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fly Pusher:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Matchstick:

Can I please request that people hold off from invading Scandinavia till the beginning of August when I'm back from my holiday there.

Thank you.

Sorry... the reserve platoon of über Finns required to take on a country like Sweden is already on its way. It will be a wasteland of pine cone shrapnel and mangled volvos within 48hrs.

Serves em right..... :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mazex:

Well Sweden is the oldest country in the world that has never been conquered...

That's what the Taleban said before they were bombed forward to the stone age! :mad: :mad: :mad:

And your king is a Frenchman, too!

tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mazex:

Well Sweden is the oldest country in the world that has never been conquered...

That's what the Taleban said before they were bombed forward to the stone age! :mad: :mad: :mad:

And your king is a Frenchman, too!

tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by rune:

mazex,

No one else wanted it? smile.gif

Rune

Well, you may have a point there, but still:

Russia has tried a number of times (Sweden has had 8 wars with Russia since 1500, and was considered Russias arch enemy until 1809), as well as the danes, the germans, the french, the poles etc. The danes (assisted by dutch soldiers) lost one of their final trials in 1676 a few hundred yards from where I sit writing this (Lund). 1300 dutch soldiers where butchered on the field next to my house after surrendering (there where 9500 casualties in total after the battle of Lund, 6500 danish and 3000 swedish). There where skulls (probably dutch soldiers) found when they built my house last year, so hard empirical facts nearby prove that they have tried smile.gif

/Mazex

Originally posted by Axel:

Mazex I hope you aren't taking everything seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakkapelite

Eh sorry couldn't resist.

Nope, not serious at all actually smile.gif Just trying to spend some time waiting from CMSF... As there are a lot of finns around here in the forum it's always fun to bicker a bit over old times ;)

The only serious comment about Sweden vs Finland is that we never nag seriously about finns in Sweden but somehow it's very popular amoung finns to nag seriously about swedes... We take no real offense though as we have opressed you for those 700 years, banning people from speaking finnish etc. Nothing to be proud of!

/Mazex

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

SirReal! Don't leave us hanging! Maybe between marathon sessions, you can tell us how it is? Maybe slide us a few screen shots? feed the poor masses :(

Since it's not the version that BFC will release online he was adviced not to.

//Salkin

Since it's not the version that BFC will release online he was adviced not to.

//Salkin

Isn't that the version the reviewers are reviewing?

In any case the fact that BF told him to be quiet about it concerns me more than anything he could actually say about the game. It seems to me that if they were confident in their product, they wouldn't have any issues with an excited fan telling others about it.

I'll suppose we'll just have to assume it's a perfect 8 out of 8.

molotov_billy

there are so many reasons, why it's not good, if he would tell more than BFC planned.

Only one aspect: imagine the length of the development process of four(!) years. Then imagine the costs and efforts that are put into adverstisement and distribution.

And then imagine, one or two buyers spread for ten days their personal opinion on the net, right when everyone is most interested to get more informations.

One or two people can damage a lot, only with their subjective view about things, by exaggerating things they see as negative aspects, or just by not thinking twice before writing. Ten days can be an eternity.

Imagine you have worked four years on one project, that is almost finished, you are soon about to present it to the public and ten days before, a nobody gets by accident your papers in his hands and starts to spread subjective informations about it. What would you do? Definately you would try to convince him to shut up.

Even this single aspect should make it well understandable, why BFC tried to keep the responses to a minimum.

This is a very sensible phase for them and SirReal seems to be gentleman enough, to understand that too.

Even more with his new highend computer and the free recieve of all CMx2 games... ;)

[ July 22, 2007, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Steiner14 ]

My thoughts exactly Steiner...also if he talks about some bug that's fixed in the next patch he might deter people who are on the fence about buying CMSF.

And those people who are on the fence could be tens of thousands. That's alot of spare change running from BFCs coffers.

//Salkin

[ July 22, 2007, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Salkin ]

I remember game companies putting out demos weeks before the actual game, now thats what I call having faith in your product ... not that I wouldn't think CMSF will be great mind you... smile.gif

Originally posted by Steiner14:

molotov_billy

there are so many reasons, why it's not good, if he would tell more than BFC planned.

Only one aspect: imagine the length of the development process of four(!) years. Then imagine the costs and efforts that are put into adverstisement and distribution.

And then imagine, one or two buyers spread for ten days their personal opinion on the net, right when everyone is most interested to get more informations.

One or two people can damage a lot, only with their subjective view about things, by exaggerating things they see as negative aspects, or just by not thinking twice before writing. Ten days can be an eternity.

Imagine you have worked four years on one project, that is almost finished, you are soon about to present it to the public and ten days before, a nobody gets by accident your papers in his hands and starts to spread subjective informations about it. What would you do? Definately you would try to convince him to shut up.

Even this single aspect should make it well understandable, why BFC tried to keep the responses to a minimum.

This is a very sensible phase for them and SirReal seems to be gentleman enough, to understand that too.

Even more with his new highend computer and the free recieve of all CMx2 games... ;)