What will be fixed in 1.05?

Guest Guest

What panzer says here is spot on. The (for want of a better expression) WOW factor of the CMx1 games was off the chart, and after cmbo we new what the series offered and how it arranged this wargaming nourishment on the plate.

Granted, the plate was not a silver platter, just one of those cheap paper jobies you get at weddings, but we loved it all the more for that, when you get 6 star food who gives a **** about the plate!

Now i find myself comparing Shock Force with Beyond Overlord wondering why the latter hit all the buttons the former missed. It cant be just the bugs so what is it?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hev:

Now i find myself comparing Shock Force with Beyond Overlord wondering why the latter hit all the buttons the former missed. It cant be just the bugs so what is it?

Well, I know that for me, CMx1 replaced something I was already in love with: ASL, i.e. WWII tactical wargaming. More than replaced it, in fact - took it an order of magnitude higher. I suspect that that was true for a lot of us here. CMx2/CMSF isn't really replacing anything for me, so it already starts without the advantages CMx1 had.

That doesn't mean the new stuff is ill-conceived or lacking in any way, it just means that it's starting on the Dale Scale at, oh, zero, whereas CMx1 was starting at around a 5.

-dale

6wlxm3a.jpg

Unfortunately BF’s current policy prohibits that sort of info from being shared before the release. Can you imagine how someone is going to go ape ****e if they find a “fixed bug”? Posting that a particular bug has been fixed and then the subsequent possibility of it showing up again, the back lash is too great. Also, what if they don’t include a particular bug in the list? A simple omission or typo, the number of Sea Lawyer posts can be distracting. I understand the frustration of the “mushroom effect” (kept in the dark and fed ****e). tongue.gif

BF is diligently working on CMSF patches and that they will continue to improve game play.

My suggestion is try to refrain from the over the top rhetoric posts that will only drive away new customers and ole loyal CMer’s. They won’t force BF to respond.

Here’s one for the Canadian’s 6krjwar.gif

“We’re all in this together” –Red Green

Regarding the patch: every now and then I find troops under fire trying to seek cover in close-by buildings ... even if these buildings are separated from the squad by a loooong wall (as in Return to Barbado). Specifically, this meant that the soldiers started to run towards the enemy and would surely have died if I had not stopped them!

Best regards,

Thomm

Actually I think its a pretty easy to make the mistake that Huntaar works for BFC. He comes across that way and the way he talks about 1.05 intimately makes it seem that way. That is one reason companies usually rein in beta testers a little. In commercial SW, companies are very careful about letting beta testers talk with customers because they don't officially represent the company, but the company is responsible for them as if they were reps. My old company got sued over committments a tester made to another customer at a user group.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Firstly, may I remind you that you are no customer of Huntarr? Secondly, customer relations isn't just a one way street though. Plenty of people here going out of their way to be dickish yet asking for restecp.

But right now Huntarr and the other beta testers are the only ones even vaguely representative of BFC posting information on these forums. They are part of BFC's customer service model whether any of us like it or not.

You have to learn to see this from the POV of the customer - they ain't always right, but they are always the customer.

Do you get that?

-dale

Considering how in the dark we are with regards to game mechanics and design descesions i dont see what possable harm it could do to allow SOMEBODY to answer any constructive questions, anything that might help improve our enjoyment of thier product has got to be a good thing!

lets be honest, if we knew a little more mabye people would feel more at ease with how the game is progressing.

To be fair, if BFC had been posting rebuttals to whining the whole time since Steve went into hiding, we would still be no closer to a patch, but would have all wasted our time and Steve would not have fixed his roof or whatever he was doing.

What BFC have failed to do IMO is to explain what the "grand plan" for the game was/is. They could have kept up the anticipation for the future of the engine even as people had a buggy game on their drives by talking design philosophy and plans for the future.

In mainly being defensive they not only stoked the fires but failed to give us anything else to talk about. The disappearing act is not really a bad idea considering the level of dialogue here lately, but they could continue to ignore our complaints while putting out info about the game.

Thats why i chose the words "constructive questions" very carefully.

I certainly dont think BFC should be answering every and all posts,but i do think when someone genuinly wants to know "How much abstraction is in the cover system" that that is something that BFC should see to being answered!

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Firstly, may I remind you that you are no customer of Huntarr? Secondly, customer relations isn't just a one way street though. Plenty of people here going out of their way to be dickish yet asking for restecp.

But right now Huntarr and the other beta testers are the only ones even vaguely representative of BFC posting information on these forums. They are part of BFC's customer service model whether any of us like it or not.

You have to learn to see this from the POV of the customer - they ain't always right, but they are always the customer.

Do you get that?

-dale </font>

Dalem: "They are part of BFC's customer service model whether any of us like it or not."

Er, no, they are not and saying it forcefully can never make that true. Why are you so angry? What are you trying to accomplish in this forum? How does attacking Huntarr contribute anything to a positive discussion about the game? If you don't own the game, why are you posting in a thread about what's going to be fixed in the next patch? If you haven't paid for the game, you have no right to be angry about it at all.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Cut the crap.

Dalem, if you not even bought the game yet (have you?) then you are not even a customer. (never mind the part about the 'customer is always right')

Tom,

I haven't bought CMSF yet but I think I'm a BFC customer. I have purchased CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and T-72. In the future I also plan to purchase something based on the CMX2 engine. Does that not meet your criteria?

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Cut the crap.

Dalem, if you not even bought the game yet (have you?) then you are not even a customer. (never mind the part about the 'customer is always right')

Tom,

I haven't bought CMSF yet but I think I'm a BFC customer. I have purchased CMBO, CMBB, CMAK and T-72. In the future I also plan to purchase something based on the CMX2 engine. Does that not meet your criteria? </font>

Let me give some of these dumb question a go..

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

What are you trying to accomplish in this forum?

Nothing. I just read and post here.

How does attacking Huntarr contribute anything to a positive discussion about the game?

Huntarr put himself in the sights with posts attacking other board members. He even went as far as posting a list of them all with derogatory names. See the fun here? Oh you don't? Get lost whiner!

If you don't own the game, why are you posting in a thread about what's going to be fixed in the next patch?

I own the game and I want it to work properly. I also enjoyed taking this opportunity to post that you’re “a whiner” for posting your thoughts.

If you haven't paid for the game, you have no right to be angry about it at all.

You got me here. I didn't purchase the game. CM:SF was given to me by someone who did purchase it and he was pissed-off about being ripped-off. However I think we're ok here because I'm about as pissed-off as Dalem is, which is "not pissed" at all. I could be wrong on this one but you can rest assured I am not mad at BFC or you for your dumb-assed questions.

And I hope that sometime in the future Huntarr and I have the opportunity to hold hands and discuss the virtues of the CMX2 game engine. Maybe he will take a moment and tell me with that extremely large pie hole of his about how Marines make the best beta-testers. Then he can reiterate about how he was called in for testing the Marine module *gasp*. You see without Huntarr I doubt if there would even be a Marine module and truth, justice and the American way would also be in jeopardy.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MarkEzra:

I would like to better understand where you get your information about the game. Is it word of mouth or practical application. Any Harm in knowing which (or some other method you have) it is?

From you and Huntarr of course! </font>