The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Sorry, Emrys, but I think I'm with Boo! on his aiming and missing 'joke.' It was better.

Ick, now I need to go shower.

There is a sign over the bowl in my bathroom...

We aim to please

You aim too, please.

**Come Nothung....we will go slay dragons elswhere**

[ January 21, 2008, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

So, I was sitting next to an older guy from New Mexico in the waiting room at the Mayo Clinic, yesterday, and talking to my sister about the fact that she'd got her dog convinced that baby carrots are a 'dog treat'.

She says she used to give her regular dog treats (which she uses primarily to lure the dog back into the house after its gotten off its chain, or such), when one day after saying, "treat, treat, treat", she found they were all gone. She'd been munching on a carrot, so when the dog obediently showed up and actually came into the house, expecting a treat, she gave it the rest of the carrot, which it ate with gusto and all apparent signs of approval.

So ever since, she's just been feeding the dog baby carrots.

And the heavy-set older guy from New Mexico leans forward and interjects into the conversation: 'My buddy feeds his cat nothing but collared greens'.

And I looked at him and said: Really?

And he said, 'Yup. I told him, hell, I wouldn't ever have believed you could get a cat to eat nothing but collared greens. And he told me: Neither did my cat, for the first three days..."

It was a nice moment of camaraderie in an otherwise strange place.

Replies might be sporadic for a short while. Not that they aren't always sporadic, but there's some things going on. Not with ME, of course. I am quite healthy, as all my internal organs left years ago. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Oh, and Dalem, a 15 year old Dalwhinnie should be a fairly good. light, easy drinking single malt. It's a Highland scotch. Strathspey.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Michael, I already did the joke about missing = aiming problem in the post above yours and I did it better.

Do try to keep up.

Do you seriously think that I would trouble myself to read your posts before posting my own? Why on earth should I bother? A little more modesty on your part would serve you well. Although serving you rare might be an improvement. Even medium-rare...

Michael

My Babs loves baby carrots. She's a regular pig-dog though. If it ain't nailed down, she'll eat it. If it is nailed down, she'll eat the nails and then whatever it is they were holding.

This dog sniffed out three bottles of grape flavored children's chewable ibuprophen and ate them, packaging and all. They still had the cellophane wrappers on the boxes - that was an expensive trip to the emergency vet on a late Sunday night.

That's the other thing, she can't find delicious poison xylatol-laced sugarless gum to eat at 9 o'clock Tuesday morning just as our regular vet is strolling into his office. No. She insists on eating whatever the hell it is that will kill her if she doesn't get treatment NOW late Sunday night, so that I get to drive her to East Jabip and hang around waiting until 3 am for Dr Crabtree to tell me that Babs' latest foray into "dare cuisine" will only cost $867.45 for the over night stay, the charcoal treatment(s), the IV, the insulin and the supervision to make sure she doesn't crash and die.

Fortunately she's only done it three times in 4 years, so I haven't actually articulated my desire to ask Dr Crabtree to just give Babs a nice shot of permanent sleepy time and tell the grieving family that she couldn't be saved from her own stupidity this time.

So I couldn't be happier that Babs thinks baby carrots are a terrifically awesome treat for which she will sit, shake, lie down, play dead, sneak, bay, howl, worf, snuffle and groan. I'll feed her the goddam things all day - she wont get fat on them, they won't kill her, and they're a hell of a lot cheaper than milk bones.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, and Dalem, a 15 year old Dalwhinnie should be a fairly good. light, easy drinking single malt. It's a Highland scotch. Strathspey.

Thank you, Obi-wan Stoli. And yeah, the box it came in prattles on about windswept Highland heights and worm barrels and other things to make me believe that paying $35 for a bottle of something squeezed through a peat mat akin to the matted tangle of a giant's armpit is worth it.

My New Years' resolution is to balance every bottle or so of swill I procure for the gaming monkeys with something good. You know, things with wax on the bottles, or wrapped in cork, or shaped like Scandahoovian marital aids.

Cuz that means quality.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Fortunately she's only done it three times in 4 years, so I haven't actually articulated my desire to ask Dr Crabtree to just give Babs a nice shot of permanent sleepy time and tell the grieving family that she couldn't be saved from her own stupidity this time.

Dogs are great, aren't they? They're just like us, only blameless.

Not like cats. Cats want to be treated like the sun shine's out of their arse. And they ARE to blame.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Thank you, Obi-wan Stoli. And yeah, the box it came in prattles on about windswept Highland heights and worm barrels and other things to make me believe that paying $35 for a bottle of something squeezed through a peat mat akin to the matted tangle of a giant's armpit is worth it.

My New Years' resolution is to balance every bottle or so of swill I procure for the gaming monkeys with something good. You know, things with wax on the bottles, or wrapped in cork, or shaped like Scandahoovian marital aids.

Cuz that means quality. </font>