Once Upon A Peng Challenge

Long ago in the faraway land of LikkeryLoo, there was a happy little creature named Peng. He used to love to scamper and play amongst the FrimFram trees and the Nummy bushes, and he'd giggle and tumble in the grass all day with his best friend Seanachai the Happy Gnome.

Then one day Farmer Berli tracked their trail of puppydog breath and little girl's dimples into his potato field and beat them both to death with a shovel.

And that was for nothin'. Do somethin' and see what you get.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

Long ago in the faraway land of LikkeryLoo, there was a happy little creature named Peng. He used to love to scamper and play amongst the FrimFram trees and the Nummy bushes, and he'd giggle and tumble in the grass all day with his best friend Seanachai the Happy Gnome.

Then one day Farmer Berli tracked their trail of puppydog breath and little girl's dimples into his potato field and beat them both to death with a shovel.

And that was for nothin'. Do somethin' and see what you get.

No rules damnit ... what's Peng to do now that he's seen the light and is paying attention to the rules if THERE ARE NO RULES!

dalem I'd be sorely disappointed if I expected anything better of you ... luckily ...

Joe

I have a wonderful idea. We could have Joe stuffed and mounted. Then when his carcass was nice and dry, we could carve the rules onto his chest and back. That way, each time the Peng Thread reincarnated, all we would have to do is hang him in the first post. That would save a lot of bothersome typing. Very economical, don't you think?

Michael

That was a very good story. I really felt that I'd gotten to know all the characters.

And it had a happy ending. I so love a happy ending.

This lack of sun is really really starting to get to me. Saturday may turn into a strange murder-suicide ritual instead of the peaceful, loving, and mutually-supportive game of Sword of Rome that is planned.

Seanachai, I charge thee with hourly reports to This Place on our condition.

Lars, I charge thee with bringing an armload of spoils from the Meat Palace.

Seanachai's friend Chris, a.k.a. "New Guy", I charge with not being overly disappointed with the rancid antics of a pile of boozed-up howler monkeys.

Papa Khann, I charge thee with the tasque of getting too drunk to play effectively.

Myself, I charge with not murdering each of you in slow and painful ways. And providing cigars and rum and beer and vodka and scotch, and a table.

Let the games begin!

This lack of sun is really really starting to get to me. Saturday may turn into a strange murder-suicide ritual instead of the peaceful, loving, and mutually-supportive game of Sword of Rome that is planned.

Seanachai, I charge thee with hourly reports to This Place on our condition.

Lars, I charge thee with bringing an armload of spoils from the Meat Palace.

Seanachai's friend Chris, a.k.a. "New Guy", I charge with not being overly disappointed with the rancid antics of a pile of boozed-up howler monkeys.

Papa Khann, I charge thee with the tasque of getting too drunk to play effectively.

Myself, I charge with not murdering each of you in slow and painful ways. And providing cigars and rum and beer and vodka and scotch, and a table.

Let the games begin!

Originally posted by Lars:

Just went and grabbed 3 lbs. of fresh jumbo shrimp. We got appetizers.

Since they are shrimp, I figure Seanachai can do the peeling and de-veining.

Feck if I'm gonna touch 'em. Arthropods ain't fer eatin'. But I'll be glad to put the fire to 'em when they're prepped.

And there'll be some smiles on after that I expect.

Originally posted by Yeldar Oob:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You actually watched an episode of the Teletubbies???

No, not really. He was the inspiration for the series. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

Lars, you insufferable pillock. We send you on an errand to procure meat, and you come back with crustaceans? I demand that you return to the Meat Palace immediately and procure for me real, actual MEAT. Some beef jerky and a nice juicy pork-chop. Now off with you.

Half-wit.

Papa

Boo, I've left you to your own devices (admittedly dubious logic on my part I'll gladly admit, but at least it kept you out of my hair for a while), and this is what you've come to? Clearly, you've lost even the meager dollop of sense you received at hatching from whatever twisted deity you prostrate yourself before.

That video has women in it. There would never be women at dalem's house. (Not counting his collection of pictures and life-like dolls, mind you.) Those of us who actually know women would never allow it.

Papa

This lack of sun is really really starting to get to me.

Lack of sun? Not true. I just got back from a couple of days of delightful fishing in the Gulf. The sun was bright, the water warm, and the fish, bountiful.

Fortunately, I had some sunscreen; otherwise, I might have marred my handsome complexion.

We caught some red snapper, amberjack, and other assorted goodies about 30 miles off shore. It was a lot of fun (except for the 8 foot seas that we had to deal with part of Monday, but hey -- they calmed down eventually).

We'll go back in a few weeks for a shot at some grouper or kingfish or barracuda or shark.

But, I can assure you dalem, there is PLENTY of sun.

It's just down here in Texas.

Feel better, now?

Steve

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Lars, you insufferable pillock. We send you on an errand to procure meat, and you come back with crustaceans? I demand that you return to the Meat Palace immediately and procure for me real, actual MEAT. Some beef jerky and a nice juicy pork-chop. Now off with you.

Half-wit.

Papa </font>

That video has women in it. There would never be women at dalem's house. (Not counting his collection of pictures and life-like dolls, mind you.) Those of us who actually know women would never allow it.
Well ... KNOW in the sense of being acquainted with ... I mean YOU lot wouldn't be in a position to KNOW women ... in the biblical sense that is ... except Lars perhaps though I'm quite sure that Lady Shary makes him pay through the nose (one way or another).

Joe

The Meat Palace is scheduled for tomorrow morning's run.

The shrimp were a lucky gift from the gods. Guy was parked across the street at the gas station with a fresh load from Galveston.

What part of appetizer didn't you understand?

Let me just make sure I have this straight...

You just said that you buy your seafood from a guy parked in the lot at a gas station, right?

I'm sure that for a hillbilly like you buying foodstuffs at the local Gas'n'Go parking lot is the equivalent of having it catered in by Wolfgang Puck himself. I'm a bit skeptical though, Lars.

The goods you bring from the Meat Palace better arrive at dalem's wrapped and sealed and adorned with some sort of papers proving that they're actually from the Meat Palace, Lars. We don't want anything you killed with the right front tire of your truck or got from one of your innumerable cousins. Clear?

Papa