Can A German Find Happiness Without the Peng Challenge?

Lars

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

So, this "soccer" of which you speak...

It's sort of like... golf?

No

It is exactly like golf except the ball is bigger and instead of using a stick to hit it you mostly use your feet but any body part will do except hands and arms. Other than the fact that you try to get the ball into a big honkin netty sort of a thingy that is above ground instead of a little bitty hole of a thing that is below ground and no one tries to chase you and take the ball from you while you are hitting it the two games are identical. Well as identical as Caitie and Maura anyway. Why, do you want to play golf with 14 ten to twelve year old girls? night putting? Have you registered with the local constabulary? and are neighbors holding vigils against you remaining in town?

And this gem:

...and that the mids needed to get back on D faster on goal kicks..
That typical of you thuggish, heathen yanks. Take a perfectly good game, played worldwide, by millions, all using the same terminology and <font size=+2>BUTCHER IT!</font>

Tossers.

Noba.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Speedy.

We are dealing with a pack of 10-12 year old girls... do you have any concept of what that entails?

Oh fegging oath! *breaks down and cries hysterically* </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And this gem:

...and that the mids needed to get back on D faster on goal kicks..
That typical of you thuggish, heathen yanks. Take a perfectly good game, played worldwide, by millions, all using the same terminology and <font size=+2>BUTCHER IT!</font>

Tossers.

Noba. </font>

Oh, it was a thing of beauty...

OGSF had his two scary Tigers hull down on top of a hill, where he could have moved them up and back to harass my advancing infantry, but in a moment of extreme greediness, he decided to move them down onto level ground.

He had seen my two, tiny Sherman's and thought he would have fun with them, shooting them full of holes as he cackled with insane glee.

He took out one of the Shermans, but as he maneuvered around a copse of trees, he came within the strong throwing arms of Sgt. Beach's platoon of engineers.

<big><big>BAM! KA-BLAM!!!</big></big>

Two dead Tigers in under a minute.

Let us all mock OGSF.

OGSF had his two scary Tigers hull down on top of a hill, where he could have moved them up and back to harass my advancing infantry, but in a moment of extreme greediness, he decided to move them down onto level ground.

He had seen my two, tiny Sherman's and thought he would have fun with them, shooting them full of holes as he cackled with insane glee.

He took out one of the Shermans, but as he maneuvered around a copse of trees, he came within the strong throwing arms of Sgt. Beach's platoon of engineers.

Let us all mock OGSF.

May I mock YOU for actually USING <big><big>BAM! KA-BLAM!!!</big></big> in a post by a supposed grown up?

Joe

Let us all mock OGSF.

Twit! Even a blind pig finds tha occasional truffle.

Sumna Beach must be tha retarded one, tae sign on wi' yoo laddie. Most everyone ailse wha' ever signed on tae fight fer ye hais bin killed ain our previous games. Boot thain ye widnae menshun tha' tae tha daft buggers a' tha recruitin' office, eh?

Staill, enjoy ye brief moment ain tha sun, Boo Wha's at like tae win? Radley - at's all doon haill fraim here fer ye.

*wobbles in on one peg leg*

'Ka thunk... Ka thunk... Ka thunk...'

Aye, I be likin' the sound of the roaring cannon on broadside me sel'!

Why me an' me parrot was jus' talkin' the other day about how we dun' hear that sound as much. 'specially with that treacherous little Scot OGSF shoved in one end of it before she blows!

A nice splatter he would be making me thinks! Arrrrrh.

Awww by the seven seas, me parrot dun and dun a woopsy on me clothin' agin!

Ye weeee bassstage parrot! Arrrrrrrh!

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Speedy.

No, Madge is to be known as Madeline, except to me. Her sister Natalie is to be known as N@ pronounced Nat or Gnat if you are her sister Madge known as Madeline or Maddy to N@. N@'s friend Madeline is to be known as Maddy. She is also on the team, and her last name also begins with a 'B' so Madge and Maddy cannot be distinguished even by appending a last initial. N@ and Maddy have been friends since Kindergarten. Although they have not been in the same classroom since then. Caitie is Maura's sister - who is her identical twin. Caitie, Maura and N@ are on the second line, and N@ has all but one of her assists (I think she is up to 5 in 4 games now) from feeding Caitie, either as a mid to the twin's line with Amelia who's dad is my assistant coach or on the twins line. Madge and N@ are NOT identical twins. I can tell Maura and Caitie apart when they are standing still (Caitie has a few more freckles than Maura and is a teeny bit taller) but when they are running down the field I just sort of yell "Move back a bit CaMauratie!" or "CaMauratie! take the trowin!"

Oh, and the previous comment about the size of the scores. We are dealing with a pack of 10-12 year old girls... do you have any concept of what that entails? We are fortunate the scores don't rise to 23-21 or somfink. Balls moving toward the goal that do not go directly toward the keeper pretty much go in the net. Lateral movement by keepers is rare. A diving keeper is almost unheard of. Jumping up high to stop a ball is an afterthought. Being the goalie is terrifying. Volunteers are those who do not feel like running this quarter. And it ain't the kind of league where your best keeper stays in net the whole game. No. We must shuffle the deck and play. Sure, I can put my two best lines in, but there is heck to pay if someone gets stuck on D for two quarters, or is a striker two periods in a row. The authorities frown on such blatant attempts at winning at all costs. Damn them. If I had my druthers and could play all the girls to their strengths at all times we would slaughter the competition (although if the other teams did the same it would all prolly be a wash)

So

All clear, MrSpeedy?

Yep, clear as mud.

Thanks MrPeng.

Originally posted by ozi_digger:

Oh you even changed your sig line as well.

Hope you can remember what it was tomorrow Dark Headbasher.

Arrrrr, dun you be confusin the likes of me sel', or it's a bi' of walkin' tha plank' for yeh!

tho, are yeh a member of Captain Peng's fine crew, or are yeh a scurvey stow-a-way?

*glares*

Originally posted by rleete:

Tomorrow is "hang like a pirate" day. We expect your full participation.

Arrrrrh! Tha's 'well hung like a pirate' day, ya dense barnicle!

Let me tell yeh, me peg leg and me limp? Nar, me matey, tha's not wood!

Well it is, but it isn't, if yeh catch me drift!

And dun make me parrot attack yeh. I's jus' chompin at it's beak to get into yeh flesh and render it, bi' be bi'!

*hawks a stream of chewing tobacco onto the floor*

Arrrrrh!

Originally posted by MrPeng:

No, Madge is to be known as Madeline, except to me. Her sister Natalie is to be known as N@ pronounced Nat or Gnat if you are her sister Madge known as Madeline or Maddy to N@. N@'s friend Madeline is to be known as Maddy. She is also on the team, and her last name also begins with a 'B' so Madge and Maddy cannot be distinguished even by appending a last initial. N@ and Maddy have been friends since Kindergarten. Although they have not been in the same classroom since then. Caitie is Maura's sister - who is her identical twin. Caitie, Maura and N@ are on the second line, and N@ has all but one of her assists (I think she is up to 5 in 4 games now) from feeding Caitie, either as a mid to the twin's line with Amelia who's dad is my assistant coach or on the twins line. Madge and N@ are NOT identical twins. I can tell Maura and Caitie apart when they are standing still (Caitie has a few more freckles than Maura and is a teeny bit taller) but when they are running down the field I just sort of yell "Move back a bit CaMauratie!" or "CaMauratie! take the trowin!"

But do they number turns?

Originally posted by OGSF:

Twit! Even a blind pig finds tha occasional truffle.

If that's the case, then have a nice lunch, you snuffling, twirly-tailed SWINE!

Sumna Beach must be tha retarded one, tae sign on wi' yoo laddie. Most everyone ailse wha' ever signed on tae fight fer ye hais bin killed ain our previous games. Boot thain ye widnae menshun tha' tae tha daft buggers a' tha recruitin' office, eh?

What? That in war, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose? And I seem to recall that between thee and me it's pretty fairly split. Which is what I'd like to do to your head, given some power tools and a safety lesson from Bob Vila.

Staill, enjoy ye brief moment ain tha sun, Boo Wha's at like tae win? Radley - at's all doon haill fraim here fer ye.

Why's that? Will I soon find myself in that septic system of a neighborhood you live in?

BTW, how much tornado insurance do you normally have on that double wide of yours?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I'm off to Denver today and will be gone until Thursday PM ... thank Gawd ... I HATE "Talk Like A Pirate Day".

Joe

Because PShaw! you are what is technically known as a "fuddy-duddy." Or in pirate "an oozing carbuncle aside the cloacal orifice of an ugly mermaid."