Combat Mission 2

Krasny

this does not bode well for combat mission 2

it seems the developer (battlefront) have spent a few years turning out a piece of crap, that a decent mod team could have produced in a fracion of the time, that nobody wants to buy

and i'm willing to bet that most of the people who actually bought it, did so out of loyalty to battlefront

the reasons i didn't buy this are:

1. i am not interested in modern warfare, sorry BF

2. it's a buggy PoS that's nowhere near as good as CM1, and has a breathtaking lack of ambition

despite the above reasons not to buy it, i would have bought it the day it came out, had BF chosen to include some sort of DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN, but no, the king canutes at BF, continue to put the telescope to their blind eye and act surprised when their feet get wet and angry french ships attack them

so battlefront, start paying attention to what your fans are saying, rather than wargamings answer to EA

oh and i see play.com have reduced the price to £4.99 (postage included), which is roughly $10

there speaketh the fanbois

yes off course i'm an idiot, CMSF is a more than worthy successor to the genius that is CM

it's not riddled with problems and modders certainly could not have come up with anything as good as this before the heat death of the universe

calling me and idiot isn't very helpful unless you go through my points and refute them, THEN come to the conclusion that i am an idiot

badmouthing a game on the developers own forums isn't an attack on battlefront, i LOVE the WW2 combat mission games and was disapointed by the reviews of and general reaction to CMSF

i just hope BF haven't got their heads so far up their arses that ruin the next WW2 combat mission

Ah Krasny mate....take it from me, its a total waste of time criticising anything here. To do so is to reap the wrath of the BF Brown-nose brigade. They are well known through-out the entire wargaming community as the most anal-retentive bunch of pinheads on the net.

Yes, CMSF is in the bargain -bin already.......

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3354621/...ml?cur=258

Whats it been?....2 months since release. Who would have thought?? ;)

- falco.

[ September 29, 2007, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: (fgm) falco ]

Originally posted by (fgm) falco:

Ah Krasny mate....take it me, its a total waste of time criticising anything here. To do so is to reap the wrath of the BF Brown-nose brigade. They are well known through-out the entire wargaming community as the most anal-retentive bunch of pinheads on the net.

- falco.

£29.99 | You save: £15.

Not so bad eh?

Actually Play.com aren't selling it for £4.99 any more. Instead it is listed as "from £18.99" through third party "New and Used" sellers only. Perhaps they sold all their copies when people saw what a bargain it was for £4.99. More fool Play.com!

P.S. - I am no BF brown nose. You can search for my posts and find that I've been very critical of many aspects of the game. However, I am still playing, and looking forward to the game getting better and better with each successive patch. By all accounts v1.04, out in the next few days, will make a big difference.

Ah Krasny mate....take it from me, its a total waste of time criticising anything here. To do so is to reap the wrath of the BF Brown-nose brigade. They are well known through-out the entire wargaming community as the most anal-retentive bunch of pinheads on the net.

- falco.

Ahh falco mate, guys like you "just don't get it"...there's a mile wide line between criticizing and being a complete jerkoff...sounds like you and Krasny are on the wrong side of that line...there have been thousands of criticisms on here, plenty of which come from those that love the game, but they actually know how to interact with other humans without resembling large man like sexual organs...I guess in your world rudeness and a**holiness are the opposite of brown nosing...LMAO WOW, so you must be the coolest dude in class! As for Krasny...another moron with a keyboard that can't express himself without wiping his own poop on the wall...

Krasny/falco; Mommy, the other kids won't play with me!

Mommy: Well, maybe you should stop raping their GI Joes and defecating in the Playdoh.

Mord.

Falco, are you that guy from theBlitz.org boards whose every posts which concerns CMSF is all about bashing the game.

Sure, criticizing is a waste of time here. So why are you posting on this board?

Maybe because theBlitz.org boards is not as frequented by the wargaming community as expected? :D

Originally posted by Huntarr:

Krasny you didn't even buy the game so...what's your point?

falco you don't know what a lose leader is? It's what business use to attract trolls like you then sell you other useless ****e.

t9dqpe.jpg

I sinsneerely apologise for any offence I may have caused you. I humbly defer to your obvious high intelligence and bow magnanimously to your superior multi-faceted grasp of protocol and manners.

Of course it was immoral and unethical of me to cast aspersions on the magnificent masterpiece we now know as CMSF.

- falco.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Huntarr:

Krasny you didn't even buy the game so...what's your point?

falco you don't know what a lose leader is? It's what business use to attract trolls like you then sell you other useless ****e.

t9dqpe.jpg

I sinsneerely apologise for any offence I may have caused you. I humbly defer to your obvious high intelligence and bow magnanimously to your superior multi-faceted grasp of protocol and manners.

Of course it was immoral and unethical of me to cast aspersions on the magnificent masterpiece we now know as CMSF.

- falco. </font>

Cpl Steiner,

You can search for my posts and find that I've been very critical of many aspects of the game.
YOU'RE WRONG!!! We stand for no criticism here on this Forum! We ban everybody that expresses their opinion in a reasonable way because we can't stand a difference of opinion! We only accept posts from Brown-Nosers, not highly intelligent and articulate people like Falco and Krasny. Their deep, thoughtful comperhension of reality scares us and shakes us in our boots every time we hear their names mentioned. In fact, I just peed in my shorts out of fear of their stinging insights into Combat Mission. I think... I think I need to go have a good cry now.

BTW, Play.com apparently loves to do stunts like this. What I mean by that is selling product for below cost. You all might remember that they sold preorders (i.e. before the game had even been reviewed) at a ridiculously low price. I guess they are so rich that they can afford to not only make no money on the stuff they sell, but pay us more than they sell the game for. An interesting business model.

Closing this up now since both Krasny and Falco are in violation of Forum rules. No, it has nothing to do with criticism... it has everything to do with the unconstructive trollish behavior. Look at the rules, it's not allowed. I haven't had to lock up a thread in months, so let's try to go a few more months, eh?

Steve

[ September 29, 2007, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]