Quick Battle Maps Vol 2 on CMMODS

MarkEzra

QB Group is pleased to announce 21 NEW QB maps are ready for download at CMMODS http://www.cmmods.com

The first 20 when combined with the original game files covered all the possible QB variations. Vol 2, when combined with Vol 1 ONLY, does the same. We have done our best to balance the maps for a good QB gaming experience no matter if playing the AI or Human opponent. These maps should NOT overwrite the original game maps or any other player maps. Thanks!

Originally posted by thewood:

I am not thanking you. I am a selfish leech and want to suck enjoyment from other peoples work. So keep up the hard work and get more stuff out for me, Thewood, to enjoy. btw, make it snappy, I'm getting bored.

PS...thanks for the hard work.

LOL yes, master!

FYI we have plans for Volume3 already so patience, Grasshopper!! smile.gif

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

These maps should NOT overwrite the original game maps

Nonetheless, it is worth repeating that it is the opinion of many of us that have been playing around with QBG Pack 1 that you should delete the QB maps that came with the game and play the hell out of these 41 that work beautifully.

Awesome work Ma'am and Sir. Feel free to take a week or so to produce another 41 really large maps. ;)

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MarkEzra:

These maps should NOT overwrite the original game maps

Nonetheless, it is worth repeating that it is the opinion of many of us that have been playing around with QBG Pack 1 that you should delete the QB maps that came with the game and play the hell out of these 41 that work beautifully.

Awesome work Ma'am and Sir. Feel free to take a week or so to produce another 41 really large maps. ;) </font>

Originally posted by pcelt:

I do appreciate all these QB maps but though you say all possibilities are covered in your 41 maps I cannot find an "Attack OPEN" map.

Have I missed this somewhere ?

Thanks

No you haven't but I have...Will get that fixed and posted at CMMODS ASAP. Thank you for pointing it out...

Just used the Attack Open QB--very good map for manoeuvre space and with a good variety of hollows and ridges to deal with in considering LOS issues and hidden movement opportunities etc.

More maps of this scale with undulating ground features please....

Many thanks again to you and your QB team.

Over 200 downloads since posting. It is very gratifying. Mishga and I thank you all. QBG is growing as other forum members begin to add there excellent work to the QBG Vol 3. We will target for 20. But we no longer will go with the "generic map" style of Vol 1 and 2. Mishga will be working on small and Tiny maps that have much more detail and visual interest. I'll be concentrating on the Larger maps. Gonzo Gonzales, who's beautiful large rural farm map is in Vol 2 has several ideas for new QB's. Others have promised to pitch and lend their considerable talents to QBG as well. Again, thanks for your continued support.

As far as I understand it the attack parameter does not matter. As long as a map has an attack AI plan it can be a probe, assault or attack and the computer will pick a map for you and supply troops accordingly. I feel that Probe, Attack and Assault in the options screen are more for the amount of troops you get rather than which map...again I could be wrong.

I am sure there are others who have a better idea how it works but suffice to say, worry not.

Meach has it exactly right: We use the setup "Attack" when designing the maps. We could have used probe or assault but felt the simplest description was Attack. When a player sets up a QB he can choose any of the modes. The game will choose force selection balance (just as it did in cmx1) which has no effect on the maps.

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

Meach has it exactly right: We use the setup "Attack" when designing the maps. We could have used probe or assault but felt the simplest description was Attack. When a player sets up a QB he can choose any of the modes. The game will choose force selection balance (just as it did in cmx1) which has no effect on the maps.

Ahh, ok thanks. Keep up the good work. smile.gif