Hallowed is thy name Peng, as is thy challenge

You've required Rules, insisted on Challenges, Monitored, Policed and Imposed Coventry. You've studied the Heraldry of the Peng Challenge Thread to the point of actually creating it. You have maintained hierarchies that would make the fascistic feudalism of Heaven look anarchic.

You have measured applicants with calipers, and gone mad and foaming in private emails, asking to be released from the burden of Believing in the Thread.

You're pretty much completely insane, at this point. If you were a pet I owned, I'd have you put down, just to be kind.

And now, in return for the Vast Powers That We Have Afflicted You With, you must acknowledge your allegiance, and fulfill the duties of The Compact.

You must tender a list of all Malefactors, with recommendations. You must report on the State of the Thread. You must acknowledge that you shall acknowledge no authority before that of the Olde Ones, and commit an act of serious Weirdness in acknowledgment of that fact, as well as to acknowledge that the word 'acknowledge' has been used excessively.

Well, old Joe has never been accused of being very bright.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

tickling your prostate glands and causing you all to give a high-pitched titter of pretended discomfort.

Maybe you should go rob a bank. If you get away with it you will have a nice bag of cash. If not you will have a bunch of new convict friends who will enjoy your high-pitched titter while passing you about for your cell-block style exams.

Originally posted by stoat:

And yet his inevitably asinine comments will be presented long before you get around to sending me a turn.

-sigh...

And once again, you are wrong.

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would fail.

Because you are wrong.

So very, very, eternally wrong.

You are wrong.

You know, it occurs to me, as I berate Lars and revile Dalem, while emailing Peng and talking to Berli on the phone between cursing you all, that the Combat Mission Forum and the Peng Challenge Thread has filled me with the desire to make that grand old Scottish toast:

"Here's tae us; wha's like us? Damn few, and they're a' deid"

Never heard that toast before, and if I have, I've forgotten it.

I've been away from the Bonnie Banks much too long..

I take it Berli's road trip to his new home went well?

Next time you talk, please pass on our best wishes and tell him he has email waiting for whenever he gets back online..

And here's one for you that I do know,,,

"Aw tha best ya wee scunner ye"

I know it, because it's mine!

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

It's now July 1.

Less than four weeks until you lot can suck in a whole new millenia.

Oh yeah -- Seanachai and Leeo and dalem owe me turns.

Or somefink.

Steve

It's milieu you okie hick ... the new millenia was a few years ago.

The rest of your statement is pretty accurate of course.

Joe

Originally posted by Mace:

It's fool, not foole.

From Wikipedia, the OFFICIAL Enyclopedia of the Peng Challenge Thead ...
Occupation: Foole is the fourth album released by United States comedian George Carlin. It was recorded on March 2 and 3, 1973 at the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos, California, and released in October of that year.
Will YOU, a mere Australian, quibble with the GREAT George Carlin?

But wait, there's more ...

Robert Armin, who played clowns and fools in Shakespeare's acting company, wrote this book describing different types of fools. He identifies "a flat foole, a leane foole, a merry foole, a fatt foole, a cleane foole," and "a verry foole." In the passage excerpted here, Armin discusses the difference between a "flat foole naturall, and a flat foole artificiall."
And again we find you to be wrong, Wrong, WRONG!

I demand an apology forthwith Sir, forthwith!

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I demand an apology forthwith Sir, forthwith!

I apologize for not hearing about this "George Carlin" before.

I guess he doesn't rock... and probably suffers from dyslexia as well because he can't spell fool?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

"flat foole naturall, and a flat foole artificiall."

Joe

Flat Foot Floogie with the Floy Floy...

Floy Doy, Floy Doy, Floy Doy, Floy Doy...

If you're feeling low down, don't know what to do, and you want to throw down, this is the perfect dance for you...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

You'll have to wait a wee bit longer there Boopsie, I'm orf for a 4 day Scuba diving trip to Oman..

Toodles.....

Oh, please, Nature. Let there be sharks. </font>

Originally posted by Stuka:

Thats a very low blow Lars.

That's okay. I'm not too offended. I'm used to such shenanigans from Lars.

Mind you, letting him know how flattered you are to be compared to one so far above you on the food chain is the polite thing to do.

Not that you Oddstraylyuns have any understanding of THAT concept.

Steve

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

tickling your prostate glands and causing you all to give a high-pitched titter of pretended discomfort.

Maybe you should go rob a bank. If you get away with it you will have a nice bag of cash. If not you will have a bunch of new convict friends who will enjoy your high-pitched titter while passing you about for your cell-block style exams. </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Maybe you should go rob a bank. If you get away with it you will have a nice bag of cash. If not you will have a bunch of new convict friends who will enjoy your high-pitched titter while passing you about for your cell-block style exams. </font>

Hey, we made the Daily Show newsletter!

Ripped From The Arrowheads

Iraq got a bit of good news recently. According to "foreign policy" magazine's annual survey of failed states, it's moved up to become number two on their list of the most unstable countries in the world, after Sudan. And while it would have been nice to be number one, Iraq can take some comfort in the fact that, for three out of the past four years, it's topped Money magazine's list of "Absolute worst S@#tholes in Which to Live". They would've gone four for four, but Akron in '05 was pretty unbeatable.

And it's been no picnic for '06 and '07 either.