RPG-7, Fire discipline & Peng Challenge's explained

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

WHERE IS MY BOO RADLEY?!

I have commands, demands, and whims that need executing. Here, one of you sober, pointless little lemmings run and fetch my large, thuggish henchman.

Let's see... where do I begin...?

I spent a very relaxing afternoon watching the movie "The Sand Pebbles" and read a bit about life in Berlin (if you could call it that) right after their surrender and then made a delightful supper for Rose and myself and then I skimmed two pages of posts of WORTHLESS DRECK WRITTEN BY YOU DROOLING FECKWITS!

I believe that about sums it up.

Oh, and some mild drinking. Warming up for the evening, ya know.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

"There once was a man called the Boo,

Foul Joe treated him like a mat,

Boo really looked like he’d sniffed some glue,

And people often called him a complete twat"

My Gawd...

That doesn't... that was just... there are no adjectives to describe just how awful that was.

You are indeed as flakey as a Greek pastry.

And not in a good way.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

WHERE IS MY BOO RADLEY?!

I have commands, demands, and whims that need executing. Here, one of you sober, pointless little lemmings run and fetch my large, thuggish henchman.

I spent a very relaxing afternoon watching the movie "The Sand Pebbles" and read a bit about life in Berlin (if you could call it that) right after their surrender and then made a delightful supper for Rose and myself and then I skimmed two pages of posts of WORTHLESS DRECK WRITTEN BY YOU DROOLING FECKWITS!

My Gawd...

That doesn't... that was just... there are no adjectives to describe just how awful that was.

And not in a good way. </font>

Originally posted by rleete:

Seanachai, if you are going to argue with someone, do it with someone that at least has some potential in life.

Like small Emma.

(I'm willing to bet she'd win on most subjects)

Ah, that dear little mite! She always wins. She's becoming quite the 'person', these days, as children do. She toddles off to do something, and then turns and says 'Follow me, Grandma Steve'. And I do, bless her imperious little heart.

I was an observer to a 'battle of wills' the other night. I had stopped to see my friends Jen, Tiny Nora, and Small Emma. At one point, when Small Emma was far busier screwing around than eating her dinner, her Mom told her: 'Emma, eat your rice, or you won't get any ice cream for dessert'.

Now, Emma loves ice cream. But she looked up at her Mom and said 'Okay. I'm done.'

'That means no ice cream, Emma.'

'Fine. No ice cream.'

Jen, whose carrot/stick bluff had been called, and who was very irritated by the fact that Emma hadn't managed to eat any dinner at all, for all practical purposes (and who was also worn a little bit thin from sleep deprivation given the demands of Tiny Nora), told her 'Emma, you haven't eaten any dinner at all! All you've done is drop enough food on the rug to make the dogs fat. You are going to sit there and eat five bites of rice, and three bites of peas, or you're going to bed RIGHT NOW!'

And Small Emma looks at her and says, very pugnaciously: Emmasemma!

Jen: Emma, eat your rice!

Emma: Emmasemma!

Jen: Eat your rice!

Jen: Emma, stop saying that word and eat your dinner!

Now, I have this theory about children and words. They spend the first couple of years dealing with the fact that everyone around them can use language, and they increasingly come to realize that 'words have power'. And they slowly become more and more adept at using language and words themselves, which fills them with pride, and increases their own power with those around them.

Add into this mix television and movies involving 'fantasy and magic', and they hit a point where they, probably much like Early Man, become convinced that there are 'magic words'. Words that, if properly used, will give them the power to exert their will and overcome opposition.

I'm convinced, as I sat there, that Small Emma was attempting such an 'imposition of will by magic spell'. But what was extremely entertaining (for the observing 'Grandma Steve') was the fact that I could look from Jen, 5' 9", dark-haired, with her oval, lovely face set as implacably as steel, to Small Emma, 2' 5", golden-haired, pretty, chubby-cheeked face with jaw pushed forward in a look of determination beyond her age, and it was like looking at the same person through a mirror distorted by Time!

Fascinating.

And then Jen, trumping the childish use of the 'magic word' with the more powerful spells of adulthood, said 'That's IT, Emma. You're going to your room for a time out!'

And, after a bit more staring, Small Emma dropped her eyes and said 'No. Three bites of rice.' (Equally fascinating for Grandma Steve has been watching the evolution of 'child negotiating skills'...)

Jen: 'Five bites of rice, Emma. And three bites of peas!'

Negotiations ended. Emma proceeded to piss about with her food for a while, clearly torn about whether to capitulate or not. During all this, of course, Grandma Steve, Follower of Small Emma, but Somewhat Responsible Adult (who's afraid of her Mom), was saying things like 'Hey, Emma Sine! You can eat five bites of rice! I've seen you eat far more bites of rice than that!', etc. etc.

After a short while, Small Emma deigns to look up and say: 'If I eat my dinner, will you be happy, Grandma Steve?' in an ingenuous, smiling sort of way.

And I told her 'Yes, Emma. That would make me very happy.' And she proceeded to eat not simply five bites of rice and three bites of peas, but all her dinner.

She didn't even insist on ice cream, afterwards, because she'd already moved on to new things to be amused about.

At the end of the night, when it was getting very close to Small Emma's bedtime, her Mom told her: 'Emma, it's time to pick up your toys'. She ignored her Mom, of course. So she was told again 'time to pick up toys'. And she continued to pretend she wasn't being told anything. Finally, her Mom told her 'Emma, pick up your toys or you're going to your room'.

She finally, slowly, got up and gathered up her things from the floor.

And then Grandma Steve, yours truly, heard the small voice say: 'Stupid'.

And her Mom, who has the kind of hearing only Moms have, said 'What was that, Emma?'

I, of course, was sitting there whispering to myself 'Oh, bunny, DON'T repeat it!'

And she says, louder 'Stupid!'

'What is stupid, Emma?'

I sat there, and I held my breath. And then she replied, with her arms full of her toys, 'All this stuff is stupid'.

Now, I knew that her Mom wasn't pleased with that sort of talk, but I could she was also going to let it pass. And I heaved a great sigh of relief.

And then, in her clear, dulcet, cute and childish voice, I heard her say 'And you're stupid!'

That was it. Her Mom's eyes shot fire, her jaw clenched, and 'That's IT, young lady! You're going straight to bed!'

And Small Emma was summarily marched away to her room, crying, screaming 'NO, NO, NO' and carrying on as though Hell gaped wide before her.

I didn't get to say goodnight. Jen came down later, and told me 'Well, I went into her room after a bit to tuck her in, and I asked her: Is there anything you want to say to Mommy? And she said, in a tiny voice 'I'm sorry'.'

And I told her Mom 'Well, I'm glad you two made up your differences'.

The same, set-jawed, steely look was turned on me and she said 'There are no 'differences'. There is 'right' and there is 'wrong'!'

I told her 'Hey, you're not my Mom! Down, girl!'

And, after she looked at me for a while, I mumbled 'Well, I'm just after saying, is all.'

And then I went home.

Oh…

Offensive abuse of English completely eliminated...

*Sir 37mm shows off his new 50p medallion*

Dear God. Someone get Dalem in here to write a poem, stat!

If we do a musical, you will NOT fecking be working on the libretto...

I think I might be bleeding internally.

[ July 22, 2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

WHERE IS MY BOO RADLEY?!

My Gawd...

Originally posted by Nidan1:

All bull****.....why do we live in this world?

The alternative is less amusing.

What is our purpose?

You've already fulfilled yours. Now shut the feck up, get drunker, and continue being happy. And no, you're not 'a bad person'. Just an idjit.

Will CMSF model Bradley Fighting Vehicles?

Yes, but it will have to learn to fight to the beat of Travis Tritt...

If we do a musical, you will NOT fecking be working on the libretto...

Even though I disagree with the undeserved criticism I still agree with this statement… I intend to be Chief primus directorate extraordinaire not a mere writer!

You have no right to demand another human being....even if he is perhaps lower on the evolutionary scale.

What's that, Lassie? You're just a dog, and can't actually type English?! Show us, girl! Show us where the the other verbs and nouns are!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

WHERE IS MY BOO RADLEY?!

My Gawd...

Is it just me or does that sentence really need to be finished in some way?

You fecking idjits he’s pissed!

Plastered!

Hammered!

Stewed!

Seeing double!

He’s sloshed!

He’s wasted!

He’s totalled!

He’s inebriated!

Soaked, tanked up & sotted!

He’s as drunk as a Lord for crying out loud!

WHERE IS MY BOO RADLEY?!

git yer ass over here, stoopid gnome.

I have cigars to be smoked.

I dunno... are your lips tired?

I've told you before, I don't like it when you ask me weird questions about my lips... now call me an overblown balloon or sumfink you twisted, little mite!

Originally posted by dalem:

git yer ass over here, stoopid gnome.

I have cigars to be smoked.

Sorry, but I'm heading up to the Sauk River Chain of Lakes early in the morning to go kayaking. I'd never be in shape for that if I came over to your house and drank all your rum and smoked all your cigars, and chased your cat around the basement shouting 'apostate' and watched Sealab 2021, now would I?

But, in your honour, I am smoking an Onyx Reserve.

Also, I need to stay here and show Nidan how to drink. The bugger is already 'fingerless' with alcohol, and is dangerously close to getting maudlin. We can't be more than 45 minutes away from 'You guys...best bunch of...I mean it...why aren't I...what a world, where I can...and gnomes...'

You know, a bit like you two weeks ago.

Thumbing through some old political forum threads for nostalgia and I ran across something I posted about Lars that made me giggle again.

"Hee hee! I can't decide which is the funnier picture in my head - Shari punching her arm clear through your torso and head-butting your skull down your neck, or Shari turning you upside-down and ripping you in half like a beer-soaked wishbone.

They're both fairly soothing images."

You know, a bit like you two weeks ago.

Are you challenging me to start drinking NOW? at 9:14pm?

Good move on the Onyx though. I have a big honking Onyx Churchill waiting in the jar for later.

Of course not. You people drink like a bunch of little girls. A random selection of Campfire Girls could drink most of you lot under the table.

I'm not saying I'd WIN of course - the one time I foolishly tried to match you ended vaguely for me.

I'm just looking for an excuse to break out the rum that's all.

And since you requested a poem, maybe I'll work something out...

Vaguely? You ended up on your front lawn staggering around flipping open your official 'Star Trek Communicator', with a pair of another, even weaker guest's pants pulled awkwardly on like a jacket, shouting "Beam me up, Scottie" and "KHAN!", and demanding that we set fire to your 'annoying' neighbour's house.

Thank the gods for the swords, or we'd never have distracted you from celebrating Alvistide in the middle of the street.

I am having a family bar be que, I am drunk I am happy, and I dont give a **** about the world, the middle east, Lebanon or anything else. I am happy, does that mean I am a bad person?

No, it just means you are a brain dead sot. You'll fit right in here.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Which Kate Bush? I had a thing going for Hounds of Love for a few months back about, oh, 18 years ago. Ah, we were all so much younger then...

Michael

Actually, I was listening to Hounds of Love. Although my first love will always remain The Dreaming...