Dr Goodale, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cheery Waffles

J Ruddy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse, DaveH, wino, and pseudopod show up.

Sure enough, Becket showed up and it got worse. Becket, my old "friend", you mean to say you're still among the living? I had high hopes that some thoughtful jury of your peers had put you away permanently years ago. It's good to see that some of the sober Cheery Waffles are alive and kicking. :D:D:D

So, who is ready to whip out the plastic to buy CM/SF? For me the whole make-believe modern thing just doesn't have anywhere near the immersion of the historical combat between the Allies and the Axis during WW2. Maybe it's just too much like watching Fox evening news - full of the sterile hardware without any of the real-life consequences. For Battlefront's sake I hope it sells up a storm, but I can't imagine wanting to try it.

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen_2:

The very first occasion of being close to ban, that's quite an accomplishment. Which one of you weasels has had the same ? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't get so carried away with your uber-wickedness. With the fine examples set by Seanachai and Kitty I am sure any of us could manage to get banned with a single post. It's really not that complicated. If you want to impress everyone with your mad skilz, start a new thread with a bannable title. The Battlefront guys will catch that in no time.

The very first occasion of being close to ban, that's quite an accomplishment. Which one of you weasels has had the same ? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been banned. You were 'close to being banned'. I was banned for being angry and out-spoken. You were 'close to being banned' for being an annoying, useless, dickless little pissant.

I was banned for cursing out a poster who was basically a bigot. You were 'close to being banned' for being a goddamn bigot.

I guess, if you're going to pull your 'accomplishment' out and wave it proudly around, my only comment would be:

Mine's bigger. Pissant.

Dave, you ignorant slut....oh wait...let me start again.

Nope. On second thought that beginning suits just fine. I can almost see what you are talking about but not quite. Personally I am just glad that the BFC crew is overhauling the entire engine. Couple that with the ability to churn out new titles like add-ons and I think this one might be a winner. Of course if they want real success, they gotta make a Boer War set. That would be HUGE!!!!! :D

I don't know about my family but this episode will be throughly discussed in my memoirs, to be sold at selected stores. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So you drove straight at a brick wall and only dented the bumper. Swell...

Perhaps rather than being a one trick pony you might do something useful like honour us with a "Finnish word of the day" or something.

And yes I have been banned, though not from here. Some closeted members of the United Facists of America club didn't like my views on the WTO, IMF, and capitalism in general and they had me removed from another forum. I guess having me shot for treason was out of the question, seeing as I am a Canuck and all...

Though IIRC the post I responded to was calling WTO protesters "terrorists"... interesting...

I'm glad there's a no politics rule here. It makes me feel safe, like I was in Singapore or somefink...

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I guess having me shot for treason was out of the question, seeing as I am a Canuck and all...

Oh no, quite the contrary. Having you shot would be good start. Hell, let's all shoot us a Canuckistani.

Though IIRC the post I responded to was calling WTO protesters "terrorists"... interesting...
Well, if the actions in Seattle a few years back are any indication of what those bong-wielding, hacky sack playing, patchouli smelling, unwashed maggots are calling a 'protest', then they are feckin' TERRORISTS'.

Damn flag-burning, pinko, nancy boy. :mad: :mad:

[ March 08, 2007, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Damn flag-burning, pinko, nancy boy.

It's damned cold up here in the winter, we have to keep warm somehow! :mad:

Where did I put that 'Betsy Ross', my toes are cold...! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

It's good to see that some of the sober Cheery Waffles are alive and kicking. :D:D:D

And flinging hot molten face melting TNT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (extra graemlin for Shawn for his tolerable rejoinder to Prince Useless).

You guys have just forgotten the face melting TNT. It was face melting TNT that brought us together and I'm not surprised to see what has happened here without it. I really hope Master Mold returns to kick some sense into you (and lose badly to everyone at CMSF).

Originally posted by Dave H:

So, who is ready to whip out the plastic to buy CM/SF? For me the whole make-believe modern thing just doesn't have anywhere near the immersion of the historical combat between the Allies and the Axis during WW2. Maybe it's just too much like watching Fox evening news - full of the sterile hardware without any of the real-life consequences. For Battlefront's sake I hope it sells up a storm, but I can't imagine wanting to try it.

Absolutely buying it. First, to support BFC; if it sells well enough, you never know, they might release a Barbarrossa, Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk or Bagration pack for the WW2 version. Second, to experiment with modern weapons and forces. Third, to see how urban warfare looks in the new engine. Fourth, because BFC's games have just been fun and I imagine this will be the same.

So there. smile.gif

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Becket, couldn't you just have shortened that answer to 'Because BFC roXXors!!' and spent more time insulting Dave?

Just a suggestion to make your future posts more entertaining, maggot. :mad: :mad:

Mike_the_wino you maggot (but I repeat myself) have you noticed that Becket is or says he was an attorney? Can you even imagine for an instant any attorney using one word when there are hundreds available? I believe that's lesson #1 in law school: thou shalt never give a short response to anything.

I think I'll hold out for a BFC - Sid Meier sequel to Alpha Centauri. Or maybe a new version of Mah-Jong. Maybe Solitaire or Minesweeper.

Seanachai, sorry to report the Ohio River is now ice-free and the boating traffic will be picking up soon. If you care to match your kayak against some of the craft on the river I'd get a major kick out of watching their wakes swamping you.

Originally posted by _Axe_:

mike_the_wino is back!!

I feel like puking!!

Bueno.

Or jumping off something really tall.
Not a bad idea. Go ahead take a header off that pile of Moulson cans that you have stacked up in the yard. Preferably after the snow has all melted away to ensure the most damage to that ginormous melon perched upon your shoulders.

Baby countdown -- T-minus 53 days.

Maggot on the way!!

Great flaming O-ring, what the hell is the world coming to if Axe is breeding? The fact that the missus married you was, under the most logical scenario, a ruse by which she would insure you heavily and then, like we all would like to, find a way to kill you in a most painful, yet undetectable, way. Only then would the world be back in balance.

Now, it looks as if your gal has gone completely round the bend and allowed you to paw at her with those simian phalanges. It truly is the end of days.

Thank God I was able to input enough liqour this weekend to steel myself such a horrid turn of events.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prinz Eugen_2:

I've been banned. You were 'close to being banned'. I was banned for being angry and out-spoken. You were 'close to being banned' for being an annoying, useless, dickless little pissant.

I was banned for cursing out a poster who was basically a bigot. You were 'close to being banned' for being a goddamn bigot.

I guess, if you're going to pull your 'accomplishment' out and wave it proudly around, my only comment would be:

Mine's bigger. Pissant. </font>