Matrix Panzer Command Ripoff

Before this gets locked anyway:

Panzer command is an entirely different game. It is a campaign-oriented game which does look like CM while you resolve the tactical battles. But the mechanics and play style are entirely different and tuned towards campaign gaming.

So don't be fooled by the similarity of screenshots.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Before this gets locked anyway:

Panzer command is an entirely different game. It is a campaign-oriented game which does look like CM while you resolve the tactical battles. But the mechanics and play style are entirely different and tuned towards campaign gaming.

So don't be fooled by the similarity of screenshots.

Well that certainly sounds interesting.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few well-or-badly done CM rip-offs on the market. There's certainly more than enough heavily scripted first person shooters going around... and around... and around. To see something that isn't a FPS - especially something like CM-style gameplay in more venues would be a positive relief!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few well-or-badly done CM rip-offs on the market. There's certainly more than enough heavily scripted first person shooters going around... and around... and around. To see something that isn't a FPS - especially something like CM-style gameplay in more venues would be a positive relief!

Amen, MikeyD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As it turns out Panzer Command is a very fine game. It is different from CMBB… but along with CM it is the best tactical wargame out there. In my view smile.gif .

On other forums, Matrix to name one, I constantly refer to CM as the greatest wargame of all time so I hope the powers that be will in return tolerate my quick plug for PzC here. If you are a fan of CM, and open-minded, then you are likely to also enjoy PzC. But each to there own ;) .

I too, of course, am near desperate for CMX2… but a few months to go on that one… will be fun though.

All the best,

Kip.