trigger fingers disapper when on the move?

in house to house combat, a lot of my guys get killed in the process... I didn't really figure out why, until now...

Any infantry that is on the move, E.G. using quick, move, or any other move command, cannot fire during that period of movement.

While it is understandable for the common infantryman to not be very content with discharging his weapon while running, it is NOT understandable as to why they would rather get cut down in the face of enemy fire when they could put volume of fire in at the enemy to at least prevent the enemy from attacking while they are vulnerable while moving.

Before you grab my hair and slam my head into a bed of spikes, you should know that the previous 3 games (CMBB, CMBO and CMAK) infantry was allowed to fire on the move, I really think that this should be brought to this game too. Warefare may have changed, but not the instinct to lay on that trigger when your out in the open, still or on the move.

no, i had 2 strykers provide covering fire, but as they move from one floor to another, they always pass the enemy on that floor instead of blasting them while moving... Not to mention that when suppresive fire isnt enough, they get creamed instead of adding on the the volume of fire by shooting on the move

Originally posted by nathan S.J.:

but when I played the game, the ammo count clearly goes down when theyre running.

Only part of the squad is running. The others are lying down and shooting. The figures that represent them are shown doing both at the same time. But the three figures on the screen actually represent 6 to 15 man squads. The standard drill is fire and movement - or one leg on the ground, one in the air. Some of the men lie down and shoot, to cover those moving. Then they switch off. This is simulated in CMX1 but not explicitly shown.

And I dont see what the problem is, its physically possible to shoot a gun while running. The point here is not accuracy as it is understandable that you'll be quiet inaccurate. but the point is that your shooting to suppres the enemy to prevent them from getting a clear shot at you...
Sorry, which military did you do your basic training with? Just curious. On mine, they never taught us to shoot on the move.

Originally posted by nathan S.J.:

but still, its not physically impossible to shoot while moving, and if 5 of my squad mates gets shot while we're moving from building to building, anyone would want to shoot back, even if they're running.

What they want to do and what they're trained to do are two different things; that's how armies work...

In the end, you have no business sending a squad running at a building unsupported.

1:02 - 1:10

When I'm talking about "firing on the move" I'm not talking about John Woo films, going at a a**-tearing sprint and doing cartwheels while mowing down dozens of enemies with a M249 but similar to this example where you need to be ready to fire at the enemy while moving from point a to b...

Originally posted by tc237:

Do units shoot while using "Hunt"?

That seems about the right pace for methodical CQC movement.

Hunt also should be known as "Move to Contact" if the attacker moves, and comes in contact with the enemy he stops.

AND, Hopefully the TAC AI when it works right tells them to seek cover and return fire.

BUT I would say I don't think HUNT will let you move and shoot at the same time, that is what Assault is for.